Is there a way to compile programs from source to Windows, OSX, Linux etc. with a single build task? If so...

Is there a way to compile programs from source to Windows, OSX, Linux etc. with a single build task? If so, what is it called? Are there websites that do this?

Don't really want to run VMs for every OS, just to deploy new versions.

Attached: 1546140183790.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

What do you mean to?
Just use Linux in a VM and compile your source code. If you want to transfer your code to a different computer, u s b. Then compile it with the OSes alternative compiler.

>If you want to transfer your code to a different computer, u s b. Then compile it with the OSes alternative compiler
No shit. I'm asking if there is a way to NOT have to do this. Isn't there some online service I can just pipe my source code and have them produce a windows binary, without having to run that bloated piece of shit on my own hardware?

>online service
>not installing malware and backdoors
The only tool I trust to do this is Xojo, which is its own language/cross platform framework. For anything else I always boot a VM and compile on the target platform.

Even for Xojo I at least test on the target platform VM.

Crosscompile with mingw yo

Everywhere I've worked cross platform building has been a bespoke solution developed in house that's automatically deploy the code to virtual machines, execute scripts compile it, generate installer or upgrade patches etc and dump the files somewhere

Probably cloud services that offer similar functionality if you're not prepared to DIY

>xojo
kill any dev who touches this garbage

Attached: Java-logo-490x301.jpg (490x301, 14K)

Who the fuck is the tripfag?

someone you should ignore and never give attention to

Don't know, filter them like the rest of us.

I know, I just find it extremely obnoxious. It's like the most reddit-tier thing conceivable.

>off-topic posting

Travis CI

You're not giving us any info about your stack or the language you're using...

Cross compile like wrote.

C, gcc, SDL

Thank you. Some kind of CI solution looks good.

Can you really target Windows and make Windows binaries from Linux with just a few compiler options?

any Unix besides macos can cross compile to literally anything even unironically your grandma's toaster

cross compile
or use stuff like travis ci or appveyor

geany

You can use golang, I created an OSS project and able to make the builds for win, mac and linux