Why haven't you gone off the grid yet, Jow Forums?

Why haven't you gone off the grid yet, Jow Forums?

Attached: Untitled.png (748x1245, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

offgridworld.com/off-grid-living-is-illegal-sort-of/
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=qpPYkqpe-Ms
laweekly.com/news/la-countys-private-property-war-2171198
youtu.be/DIzvkJRkoQU
youtu.be/JFFCkBraxyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because I'm poor and depend economically on my parents

Impressive, but needs better cable management.

I can't get rid of GRID if I tried

because i am not an incel

Isn't going off grid kind of illegal?

>off the grid
>posting on Twitter

You don’t even know what that word means.

Looks dangerous

yeah i am fairly jealous

only in america can you have this much fun

>grass fed beef

when will the memes end?

Because I haven't finished converting an old school bus into a mobile home yet.

Why would that be illegal?

It's better than corn

offgridworld.com/off-grid-living-is-illegal-sort-of/

Not wanting to pay for a service you don't want to use is illegal.
Even my backwards ass country doesn't suck this much.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=qpPYkqpe-Ms

land of the free

Not him but there's a fair level of overlap between mgtow and freemen of the land types

In some cases it makes sense. You can't live disconnected from the water supply because you might turn your dwelling into a health hazard to the vicinity.

I’m lazy

You just need a deep well and a cesspool. Then you just order a vacuum truck every now and then. You can also get a household sewage treatment plant, they aren't as expensive as one might think.

Clickbait. Living off-grid is perfectly legal. You just can't camp out for more than 14 nights consecutively while building your off-grid domicile, and in some places it needs to meet certain size minimums which makes sense... If your local fire code requires a 72" clearance between your belongings and the ceiling, then obviously you can't have a 71" tall domicile.

He has a wife and family you know.

Would you rather eat corn or grass?

literally the first thing I thought

also,
>battery from a model s
>"I built it & programmed it"
that thing's gonna fucking explode

Him and his wife are MIT grads and he seems to have a pretty good idea of what he's doing. But yeah still seems like a housefire waiting to happen.

based

Attached: 1546939444638.jpg (741x663, 35K)

>a health hazard to the vicinity
Funny, you could use that argument for vaccines

In Europe, yes.

Anti-slum laws in my country make it illegal to have a house without a a grid connection, and sewage/water connection if available.

In America it's somewhat illegal to take an existing house off the grid but if you build in the middle of nowhere and never have it hooked to the grid in the first place then it should be legal. You'll still need a way to properly dispose of waste and have access to clean water though I think.

I have a hard time sleeping past 9 even if I want to at this point. Don't like it.

Short answer: Technically no
Real answer: It's basically impossible to live offgrid in certain areas because the local laws will fuck you over. Some areas won't even allow you to collect rainwater

I looked into living in a cabin innawoods about two years ago. It's doable but expensive if you want basic comforts. Good batteries for the solar system and low wattage appliances, like fridges, are all super expensive. And running a gayming pc with a graphics card is basically impossible because of the power draw. But laptops and things like intel nucs are doable.

>republicans
>intelligent
yikes

Attached: 8nRqoXW.jpg.png (800x729, 48K)

>democrats
>intelligent
wew

what did she mean by this

That's why vaccines are mandatory in sensible countries not overrun with stupid cocksuckers

why would you care if you live off the grid?

By just doing some basic math you can see why he's fucking retarded.

Let's just go
>Americans
>Intelligent
Yikes

Reported for underage

>modern vaccines
>good
pick one, GSK shill

And who is counting the days that you've been "camping out?" Because if anyone asks, you say you just got back from visiting friends or family and have only been camping for a night.

Nobody is going to care if you camped for three weeks instead of two, but someone might start complaining about the filth and trash eventually piling up.

And you're not cleaning up after yourself because...?

>claims to be off the grid
>uses technology made by the grid

Attached: 1538406763493.png (645x729, 62K)

waiting for this cunt's house to burn down

found the fat, retarded, conservative american

off the grid basically means self sufficient or homesteading in a rural area now

People who think it's okay to spend extended periods of time living in a tent like a bum don't tend to show a lot of urgency over such matters

That's still cucked. The amish have it right.

>Humans
>Intelligent
yikes

Attached: 09253.png (1246x1080, 611K)

Why wouldn't you?

Attached: transhumanist_hyper_fascism.jpg (672x737, 94K)

In Australia I tried to make an off the grid house, but despite being in the middle of nowhere it was against the law to not pay to have the water utility company install pipes to the property. Then you had to pay a connection fee every month, even if you didn't use any of their water and this fee couldn't be paid in cash. Maybe in less cucked countries you don't have these kinds of problems though.

Literally why, just pay electricity bill and be done with it. Why people must complicate their own lives without need, why you try to find satisfaction in reinventing the wheel.

why can’t you just not pay the fee? If you’re off the grid your credit score shouldn’t matter.

literally cities fucking people up.

laweekly.com/news/la-countys-private-property-war-2171198

THOMAS MASSIE IS MY DADDY

What the fuk they gonna do if you dont pay to water companies? Cut your water services? LMAO

they would most likely repossess his house after a few years of not paying
how it is in the states at least

epic post sir have my gold
Edit: Thanks for the gold!

Have a connection but just don't use it. If I was planning to live "off grid" I would have a grid connection I could switch on in case of emergencies.

your bill will pile up and up until they send it to a collection agency who will go to the courts to reposes your assets to pay the debt. Like your house.

>grass fed beef

The fuck else do you americans feed cows?

Corn and possibly soya my euro

>his law doesnt protect him from basic services jewing his ass

Imagine living in first world

Why did I know I'd find a picture of some stereotypical redneck before I clicked the article

Attached: 6743537.t.jpg (745x496, 126K)

"you" are cleaning up after yourself, because you're a normal person. The law is so there is a legal way to stop hobos from camping out for months and making their own landfill and shit pit. If you're minding your business and not causing problems for anyone then nobody will complain and nobody will be able to tell how long you've been there.

dont know about that , in europe if you dont pay they cut off the pipe that goes into your house .

without the pipeline you can use that thing right ??

>just spend money, don't you like being a consumer?

>Look we have electricity and beef!
>We have the same thing as any normal person with a grid and a supermarket but with x9999 of efforts and risks!

Intelligence is for simplying your life.

Stop paying those services and you will force the companies to let you go off the grid

He's preparing for the upcoming demise of western civilization that's gonna happen any day now

You'd know that if you weren't such a libtard cuck soikin

>single point of failure
wew lad.

At the moment we are trying to go off grid. We are starting with having our waste bath and shower water go to a water tank where it will be filtered and cleansed. This "grey" water will be used for watering the garden plants, washing the car, cleaning the patio etc. Following that we hope to put in some way to generate enough power to charge a bank of batteries from which we will power, at first, non-essentials such as the outside (security) lights and other non essentials . When we become more experienced we will run essentials such as interior lighting (if possible) and refridgerators etc. I want to experiment with heating water by sunlight and by passing copper coils through composting vegetation. It's a learning curve and I have nobody who can teach me so I have to learn by myself

I’m not a cow

>9:30am
Pathetic.

No wonder Abos just fuck off to the desert to sleep in the road and sniff gas.

>anti vaxxer
>Jow Forums
Oh boy, the big one's coming. By the way, how does it feel when a cartoon dog which is supposed to be a pseudo-intellectual is correct on a certain point and you are not?
youtu.be/DIzvkJRkoQU
youtu.be/JFFCkBraxyQ

>tfw haters
manchild

comfy

Attached: boomersurvivalist.png (745x496, 637K)

I wrote that

but on reflection I would like to say that what I realise is that it is very impractical for those living in cities to try to go completely off grid
and could also be dangerous if their water filtration systems fail etc. Going off grid isnt just about saving money, it isnt just about saving the planet, it's also got to be done with backup plans in mind and with the knowledge of how to fix things when they fail. Costly, sometimes impractical, and takes a long time to learn and could endanger your health if not done properly

it takes 40 years to recoup your money, unless you are totally off the grid, then it takes 30. electricity is cheap.

>tfw wake up at 3AM every day
>tfw not even labor worker
How the hell do I sleep in?

Attached: 6955074.jpg (244x244, 8K)

wow you must have superior genetics or something, why are you blessing us with your presence here? go fight crime or something!

>wow you must have superior genetics or something, why are you blessing us with your presence here? go fight crime or something!
Well, not like I have anything else to do in the morning.

>Hes not being a consumer of solar panels producers, electronics companies and Tesla

retard

Get a job

>looney conspiratard
>working hard for something that haves a 0.0001% chance of happening
>not considering that even in the case of collapse your house will be raided by more mobs of feral niggers that your gun can defend you

Exactly my point, its lack of intelligence makes his life complicated, perfect.

Is it possible to life off of solar energy if you live in an apartment?
I consume around 150kWh every month, and my apartment faces east so I get around 6 hours of direct sunlight every day. Would that be feasible at all?

I free lance and I'm in college, does that count?

Reusing gray water is a very effective way of giving hepatitis to your entire family. Be careful, dude.

You just have to kind of go off the grid instead.

It does, I was wrong.
Who cares at what time you wake up anyway, as long as you're waking up naturally. My job starts at 12 PM but I wake up at around 6 AM every day, feels good man.

I am off grid though

>I wake up at around 6 AM
having time for eggs every day is the comfiest feel

I live off grid in Australia just fine, I have high levels of doubt about your story

It takes like 5 mins to cook an egg, what are you on about?

>what are camping sites