G-Sync News

>so, some adaptive sync monitors are getting G-sync support
>nvidia said tested 400 monitors and a dozen of then were awarded the G-sync spec
>and this means that they will get g-force adaptive sync support via a driver
>after the keynote, nvidia also announced through their website that adaptive sync monitors that are yet to be validated as G-sync compatible, might still work
>a new Nvidia control panel option that will be available in the new driver will alow owners to try and switch the tech on
>they say it may work , it may partially work, or it might not work at all
- Steve from Hardware Unboxed , January 2019

Attached: gsync-logo.jpg (2387x900, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6yCiBbQh2fA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nobody cares about this. Only gaymer fags. Open Source your drivers like AMD did. You won't because you got to jew more.

Are people really such big fans of screen tearing?

Screen tearing is only an issue if you are some kind of a gaymer fag.

I work on (((movies))) as a visual FX artist and you're a fucking retard.

That's what you claim to do when in fact you are some neet.

> so, some adaptive sync monitors are getting G-sync support
You mean Nvidia is adopting FreeSync and just calling it G-Sync.

They are not adopting FreeSync. Only the VESA Adaptive Sync standard on DP. If you have HDMI FreeSync you won't be able to use this fake G-Sync. Variable refresh rate is a meme.

>Nobody cares about this. Only gaymer fags.
how underage are you
>>>/reddit/

You don't need freesync/gsync for Jow Forums, only reddit.

>Nobody cares about this. Only gaymer fags.
You gotta be retarded if you think screen tearing only affects videogames.

>Variable refresh rate is a meme
Yet it's more and more becoming an industry standard.

So does it only work on those 12 monitors that they certified or it works on all FreeSync monitor but with possible issues?

>Kiddie who never used VRR detected

Variable refresh rate is not a meme. It addresses so many display output issues. Nvidia's silly G-Sync 1.0 delayed VRR adoption.

the latter youtube.com/watch?v=6yCiBbQh2fA
the issues that are there also happen on AMD cards, its because of shady QC and poor Freesync ranges

"Look at me, I'm a big boy programming Linux user."

So you're a complete dull creature that never watch any sort of series or movies?

Lul I knew this gamer shit memesync sucked
Gsync even still has issues

Well, he's an ayymdrone, what did you expect?

Does it only work on 10x0 series GPUs and newer or can I use them with my 750 Ti?

It's prob very useful for consumers in that monitor makers will actually try to have quality control to get approved by nvidia.

>He thinks AMD drivers are open source.

Bad news lad, the firmware it loads is wholly proprietary.

so does you mom

>gaysync monitors don t work with AMD CARDS
>freesync monitors work with both novidea and AYMMD
lmaooo GAYSYNC users should suicide

I have a Samsung 4K freesync monitor and it does flicker sometimes (not to a black screen, I mean more subtle backlight intensity flicker). For various reasons, I suspect the AMD drivers are more to blame than the monitor hardware- if I do pick up a 2060 it will be interesting to see how well it works in comparison.

I feel like this is what gsync should always have been though (vesa adaptive sync + a strict QA system).

10x0 and up only afaik

>this will kill AMD and freesync!
>only works properly on 3% of monitors

fucking lmao why did nvidia even try

Is this by any chance a VA panel? Overdrive tends to be fucky when combined with Freesync.

I know you're probably bating because even fanboys can't be that stupid. Every Freesync monitor will work with Nvidia now. If you buy some cheaply made chink panel it will work just as attrocious both on Nvidia and AMD GPUs. The complete lack of quality control was the bane of Freesync monitors and it doesn't have anything to do with the GPU pluged in to it.

Yes, VA. But when the issue occurs, the OSD shows rapid toggling between the minimum and maximum freesync values (40-60hz). I wouldn't mind flicker when a poorly-coded game actually does that, but it seems to happen at random, even on the desktop.

If a monitor exposes VRR capability and it works with AMD cards then there's no reason it shouldn't work just as well (or as badly, depending on the monitor) with nVidia cards, unless they willingly sabotage certain manufacturers who refuse to pay the "certification tax"

All in all nVidia adopting a FREE and OPEN standard should bring benefits to everyone, both AMD and nVidia owners will have an ampler choice of cheaper VRR-capable monitors

>Every Freesync monitor will work with Nvidia now
only certified compatible are guaranteed to work up to Gsync quality which is 12 out of 400 as of now. stop spewing retarded disinfo and wishful thinking.

youtube.com/watch?v=6yCiBbQh2fA

Hijacks the names adaptive sync and Freesync to G-Sync. Fucking kikes.

>12 out of 400.

Dude if they wanted to they could make all 400 work.
its just fucking retarded on Nvidias end, and i bet you they just did this for attention and do not plan to support freesync monitors at all.
again, as i said, freesync can be enabled on basicly anything. yet nvidia only passed 12/400

Thanks nVidia!

>only 12 out of 400 work as good as G-sync
>that means everything else doesnt work
>no, its not cause most freesync implementation is dogshit
how dumb are you ?

>They are not adopting FreeSync. Only the VESA Adaptive Sync standard on DP.
AKA FreeSync.

>and do not plan to support freesync monitors at all.
that's expensive PR stunt. They spent at least 5 months of driver team time on this.
How is this a win for nvidia? Their g-sync chip failed more than tegra 1, apparently market for $600+ monitors is small. Who could've thought.