Noooooooooo, you have to buy AMD to support competition!

Noooooooooo, you have to buy AMD to support competition!

Attached: 1483099534225.png (1508x835, 259K)

Well, I'm happy I'll finally have freesync with my 1080Ti.
But rest assured I'm never buying RTX nonsense.
If AMD shows something better than what I have for a decent price, I'm back to team red the instant it's available.

>If AMD shows something better than what I have for a decent price
lul

>If AMD shows something better than what I have for a decent price

Attached: 1497642518713.png (653x726, 49K)

how does NVIDIA's dick feel?

Seething

Well, I don't think they will either.
Just that I'm pissed off NGreedia just won't release shit without their RTX gimmick.
Maybe it's a chance at a sorta comeback from AMD, if they don't waste silicon on Retard-cores.

Or, for what it's worth, if NVidia shows something better than I have for the same price I paid my 1080Ti, but I'd rather not have gay-tracing, no thanks. Maybe in 10 years, when consoles have it.

I will continue buying AMD for the simple reason that they have fucking drivers.

Yeah, I miss them.

Yeah, those based Asian drivers.

nvidia's dick makes you seethe?

For you thats gonna be either the vega2 or the large Navi (if its coming) in 2020

Vega2 on 7nm will have air cooled clocks at 1800-1900mhz and with watercooling will hit over 2ghz

At sock its halfway between 1080ti and 2080ti in performance and with proper voltage tuning and overclocking on core and the new 1.6gb HBM2 memory it will propable match and slightly beat a 2080ti

The big downside is that its expensive to manufacture and supply is limited. AMD is using existing stock to only make about 10K-20K cards and will only make more if there is demand for it.

Navi will be gaming based GDDR6 designs with the midrange navi10 chip being slightly faster than a 2070. A bigger navi design will simply be a matter of building a 50% larger die with a 384-bit GDDR6 bus. That card will be faster than the 2080 by a decent margin but will still lose tot he 2080ti.

of the two cards the only one that would be a proper upgrade for a 1080ti owner like you is the 7nm vega card which will likely be in the same price bracket as the 2080 at 700-900$ and then its only worth having if you put a custom water block on it to push the clocks.

>its only worth having if you put a custom water block on it to push the clocks
It's a big no, then. I've never seen the appeal of maintaining a water loop, ever.
Maybe Vega 2 will come with OEM cards only unlike last time, when there was only reference models to be seen, forever.
This is really what killed Vega, though. Lack of adequate cooling.
GPP, I'm looking at you.

If you want to run it on air you can but at 1800-1900mhz its only going to be a decent margin faster than a 2080 and sell for the same amount as a 2080.

the 7nm finFET has a significantly flatter power curve than 14nm which means the thing holding back a vega core is not power delivery but heat output. The vega 7nm cards are likely going to be overvolted by alot so walking down the voltage and validating will lower heat/power and keep clocks consistent.

I have no idea how high vega can go on air I can only speculate based on the intinct cards. if an instinct card with a weak power delivering and a shitty reference blower cooler can hit 1800 mhz then the gaming models will do much better but heat will eventually come into play and a water block will allow you to push that card to a level that kills the 2080ti.

Still worth it simply because AMD drivers are way better than geforce since the 400-series dropped.

I have an rx470 8gb (Sapphire with a modest factory overclock) and fail to see why I need jack shit more for 1080p.
Also my wife got this for me before the crypto bullshit so it was under 200 USD. These days you can find used ones even cheaper.

I had vega for a while.
This thing was supposed to 1600Mhz, but actually throttled back to 1300-1400Mhz territory after a few minutes.
All because of the terrible reference design.
Nowadays Vegas don't have this problem at all.
I'm gonna cry if Lisa shows us a blower design Vega2 card.

>tfw 2019 will have 1080Ti, Ryzen 3700X and FreeSync monitor

It's peaked bros

Let me add.
HBM2 also throttled down to 800Mhz according to GPu-Z.
I guess this shit is heat sensitive.

Yeah, pretty much same situation.
Would like a better card, though, but it doesn't look like it's coming for at least a year or two.

Thats because you didnt properly undervolt the card dumbass.

most vega cards consistently hit 1600-1650mhz on the core when you tune the voltage correctly.

No.
I did.
It barely changed anything.
And then I got blue screens and freezes.
What little I gained in performance was annihilated by the fucking noise the blower fan was outputting.
I found 2800rpm was what made it somewhat clock stable vs 2400 default.
But you'd have to play in another room for it to be comfortable.
Shit card altogether. Bad cooling was bad.
Never touching reference design cards with a mile long shit stick ever again.

me I insist.
This whole Vega thing not getting a real cooling solution for 6 month was what GeForce Partner Program was all about.
I'd fucking sue if I was AMD.

>Noooooooooo, you have to buy AMD to support competition!
FreeSync is open source so it doesn't support AMD the slightest

All I fucking ask is to play 4k Crysis 3.
I only have 1 kidney left after buying a 1080Ti.
Do I have to whore myself to old ladies or what?