How do you protect your computer from physical access?

How do you protect your computer from physical access?

Attached: 1529966116954.png (548x410, 174K)

allow me to direct you to

You're so dumb user

Attached: 1545003679306.jpg (356x374, 36K)

maybe, but I'm not wrong

Sleep Tight Terry

my computer room is behind 4ft thick tungsten carbide doors with a timelock imposed. The walls are 14 ft thick reinforced concrete. There are no windows and only a self contained chemical toilet, shower room and bedroom/masturbation facility. Nobody has yet penetrated my defences to access my 14 year old Sony Vaio to steal my prize computer wallpaper image files I am secretly working on

What about encrypting your computer?

"Sleep Tight Terry"
RIP in peperonis.

fpbp

Sleep Tight Terry

Sleep Tight Terry

Sleep Tight Terry

"Physical access attacks" or just "physical access"?
To prevent physical access just lock it in something like a briefcase
To prevent physical access attacks, lock down the BIOS settings, disable USB ports, and encrypt your hard disk. Also make sure you don't leave it on while you're away.

how did you expect this thread to go anywhere with that image?

sleep tight terry

i have no friends and live in a nice neighborhood. i don't do anything illegal or degenerate so the authorities have no reason to bother me. sad but my method is effective in this regard

Sleep Tight Terry

I don't, really. My computer is in my apartment, and I live alone. I use Colemak system-side so that would deter a casual interloper. I don't have many important or sensitive files, but those I do have I keep on an encrypted disk image.

>How do you protect your computer from physical access?

Easily. Build it into something else. Nobody gives a fuck about dehumidifiers. Gut one, toss PC guts inside, fucking done. Wireless networking and peripherals mean you can shove it in a corner and ignore.

Live far away from niggers

>get crt monitor
>must have decent amount of space between screen bottom and bottom of bezel
>actually a tv with integrated vcr would probably work the best
>shell must be entirely opaque, no imac g3's here
>tear out all except tube
>insert kinect inside of front bezel, cut holes for the cameras, cover with IR shields to make it look like it's the built in IR receiver
>insert claymore facing out front of crt
>get rpi, compatible rfid reader and rfid tag
>write program on rpi that detects motion and proximity of humans using the kinect
>if a human gets within certain range of pc trigger the claymore
>use rfid reader to disarm the system if you are the one coming into the room
>keep tag on you at all times
>no seriously, embed it in your rectum or something
>put crt on desk, make it look like it's being used as a normal monitor
>if it has coax or rca plugs on it connect some retro game console for good measure
>bonus points if you can hide the electronics somewhere and hook them back up to the electron gun so the display still works

tpm chip
bring your keyboard with you
inspect usb ports before use
use encryption keys instead of passphrase

what the fuck is a nigger??

desu you can't really. i have seen many tech companies stress about security only to be unable to answer the question: whats stopping someone walking into the building with a laptop or usb stick? most of the time your highest level network architects can't answer this. quite simply, it isn't a tech / network security issue, it is simply espionage and that requires its own set of defenses that have nothing to do with tech.

i installed a power button on the top front and bottom rear end of my case that do nothing. the power switch is inside the case within a fake hard drive that you take apart with a special tool I have located in a single location within my house that I tell nobody about and rotate every three months. I boot into windows 7 under a false profile full of fake documents and pictures and, only browse via an encrypted USB Tails image that I keep on my person at all times.

Sleep Tight Terry

What about what this guys says?

>encrypting your computer
It really doesn't help if there's various forms of physical access. Forensic reports are made public in this country after the trial's done and there's some pretty strange stuff in them. Filming your keyboard through your window with a high-resolution camera is one tactic. Another more brutal was to wait for the user to have the computer turned on and go to the bathroom and at that point they came storming through the window. There's also the possibility to place a pin-hole camera in your home and get the password that way. Sometimes things are missing from forensic reports and there's this statement of "password obtained" before an arrest with no explanation or even a hint of exactly how it was magically "obtained".

>it isn't a tech / network security issue
In a lot of cases it is. You can require a password to be used to access every service on the local network every time or just assume that if you're on the LAN you're fine. The former is obviously inconvenient and the latter is more secure.

Sleep Tight Terry

Do you use vpns?
If so what provider

What about method of encryption? Open sourced software verified by yourself? Open ports? L33t hax0r tools?

Sleep tight Terry

yeah nice try fucker trying to gain information on me and shit

Sleep Tight Terry

Sleep tight Terry

Attached: 1529481193578.png (917x619, 102K)

>In a lot of cases it is. You can require a password to be used to access every service on the local network every time or just assume that if you're on the LAN you're fine. The former is obviously inconvenient and the latter is more secure.
Wow pretty interesting stuff. Would be cool to read.

As far as "Password Obtained" It really pays not to used closed source software. I am sure some open source programs are backdoored too, but at least there is a much greater chance that they are not due to public review.

>It really pays not to used closed source software
Of course. But it doesn't help against not actually computer related attacks. If you go to the same cafe or library or a public place like that regularly and you tend to type in your password there then it's not that hard to get a recording of you typing in your password. Most of these places already have cameras and getting access to them from a back-room is typically just a trivial matter of asking.

I have seen some rare references to keys grabbed off Windows's paging file. I've also seen short statements like "Linux encrypted, could not open". The majority of cases where encryption is "broken" isn't related to computer software or hardware at all, traditional means of getting the password seem to be used more often than not.

piss

The usual.
Once the perp is finished stumbling across the marbles on my tile floor they've worked up a pretty good sweat. Then when they touch my false keyboard a paint can swings from the ceiling simultaneously breaking their eye cavity and completing a 20A circuit through their heart. In the off chance they dodge, boom, more marbles.

underrated post

sleep tight Terry

>there is a much greater chance that they are not due to public review.
This is the common thought, but I don't think it's entirely true. 0days are a thing, and I'm sure three letter agencies have thousands, or hundreds of thousands of them. There are always vulns in OSS, it may not be found for months, or years, but it always existed.

I poured cement into the walls of my bedroom and replaced my bedroom door with a 6 inch steel bank vault door protected by a 36 digit rotary combination lock. Two wrong attempts in a row ignites a thermite block that will burn the entire building down.

I put a bear trap in front of my router.

Go to bed Kevin. Don't you have Google botnet to talk to?

Sleep tigh Terry

Good post

Attached: IMG_20190104_195819.jpg (2688x1512, 618K)

No offense user, but I hope we never cross irl

SLEEP TIGHT, TERRY
F