Java > C#

>D-d-durrr Java is ugly, C# is the better lang.
>Hmm, so what clustering and big data frameworks are popular in C#?
>W-w-w-well there's DotNetMQ and uh we have some Azure frameworks too..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How the fuck are you faggots supposed to remain relevant without a functioning ecosystem? You can't do anything built build a intranet email service in Microfuck's Java clone.

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab[1].jpg (258x245, 12K)

>No Kafka
>No Spark
>No Zeppelin
>No Hadoop
>No Nothing

What a shit platform. No wonder this shit isn't used by FAANG

Is there any big difference between C# and Java? I was taught Java at university, and I've been learning C# as a hobby. So far I've made some simple programs, and I can't really see the difference, C# feels basically like Java with different names for things, and if I understand the performance is about the same (bad).

More functional support, LINK, Records (basically data classes) and some other features. You have to use the two langs for a while before you notice how significant the differences are.

Let's make this thread interesting. I know Java and a bit of C#. Why should I learn C/C++ ? What can be done in C/C++ that can't be done in Java? Is it worth the hassle?

As I understand it's faster. Is that it? Will I enter the Matrix and be able to talk with computers if I learn C/C++?

I went from c# to c++ and found it clunkier and more unwieldy, but still prefer it over c# for general stuff.
c++ is more flexible and allows the programmer to do unsafe operations, but this is what I like most about it.
if its specifically for microshits ecosystem though, c# is far more manageable

C/C++ are for roleplayers/shitposters.

What was that one book where it explained how Elon almost fucked Paypal completely by trying to switch to a MS stack and eventually it was explained to him like the child MScuck he was that big boys need to use more efficient technology?

I frequently write Windows GUI applications for my clients; Java does not come close to C# in this regard, not in libraries and not in productivity for obvious reasons, ie. C# was created by Microsoft to simplify interoperating with Windows in the very first place.

>LINK
LINQ

Honestly, Java is my first but C# is unironically better at everything. Then again, people really meme up the badness of Java. If you bought into the hate for Java you're too easily influenced.

Attached: 1546872589247.jpg (540x540, 68K)

>Why should I learn C/C++ ?
Because you have a project that would be best served by one of them.
C is basically portable assembly, it provides a small set of generic thin abstractions on top of assembly and is mostly good for writing low level systems software. It's very fast but very easy to shoot yourself in the foot with and lacks all sorts of features that make writing code fast in other languages.
C++ is the same thing with a massive pile of additional features added. Classes, inheritance, overloading, templates, lambda functions, references, operator overloading, the works. It's difficult to describe because there are so many ways of using it. On one extreme you can write the exact same code* you would in C and have it be just as fast. On the other extreme you can use all the advanced features which are slower but easier to work with and attach a garbage collector to manage your memory and end up with something that's quite like C#. It's mainly used for large software projects where performance is important but writing it in C would be a nightmare, for example: LLVM/Clang, Chromium, parts of Blender, Tensorflow, Ardour, Kdenlive, etc.
Both are also good ideas to use for making libraries as pretty much every other language is capable of making calls to C libraries.
* = C++ does have a handful of syntax differences from C that mean the literal same code might require a modification or two to compile, but it's so close it might as well be the same.

That last part, can you think of any C code that will not compile in Gnu's C++ compiler?

Yes, it's quite easy:

#include

int main()
{
int* x = malloc(10 * sizeof(int));
}

With gcc this compiles with no issues. With g++ you get:

test.c: In function ‘int main()’:
test.c:5:20: error: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘int*’ [-fpermissive]
int* x = malloc(10 * sizeof(int));

Because C++ disallows implicit conversions from void* to other*, you need to add some kind of cast in there.

There's a couple others too:
C++ technically doesn't support Variable Length Arrays (on the stack) but the GNU compiler provides an extension that adds it.
Some older versions of C assume the return type of a function is int if it's left unspecified, in C++ (and newer versions of C) you get a compiler error.

> c# is a java clone
> not object oriented python

no one cares java faggots. the only thing more shameful than being a java programmer is being a visual basic programmer

Ok, thanks, I didn't know that. There must be a g++ flag that allows implicit conversions though, right? Not that they're a good idea.

Yeah, no. Java is dogshit for big projects and anyone defending it is a retard, if you've ever worked in an actual medium sized Java project and then compared it to C# or any other language you'd realize it's a fucking mess. Even basic tasks are a massive chore and that's assuming you have decent documentation left behind by whoever was developing it initially. If you want to get something done in Java there a bunch of other languages that can get that job done in better ways, your only excuse is not knowing better or mantaining something.

Attached: 1545113596645.gif (487x560, 898K)

Okay so tell me about the Kafka and Hadoop replacement for C# or C++... I'm waiting

Ty dad

>frogposting
Fuck off Sandeel. Go message facebook whores instead.