Be chemistry fag with masters degree

>Be chemistry fag with masters degree
>See opportunity for a paid internship
>check one that requires a chemist or materials science with experience in formulation chemistry
>Check the specifics
>required knowledge of C++ or java. Knowledge of Linux operating systems
I was not supposed to have to know this shit if I am not a CS student what the fuck? And the level of linux I have is just installing Ubuntu and then ignore it completely
Should I just kill myself?

Attached: 1374979805335.png (462x355, 93K)

>spent 8 years and a bunch of money on a meme degree
>doesn't learn how to use basic shit like Java and bash
lol

It was 6 years but you are right

Chemical engineering would have been the better degree for you to take, since it usually comes with opportunities to do internships while doing the degree itself, if you want to work in industry.

Regular chemistry bachelors is for when you want to get a PhD in chemistry afterward and then do research, either academically, or in industry.

A master's in chemistry is kind of worthless to be honest. Employers will choose the PhD over you every time, or they will choose the person who has work experience.

They are literally teaching C++ in high school as part of the core curriculum these days. Gut gud

What about learning some programming?

>30 year old guy going to take C++ classes at highschool
I'm sure that will put me in some kind of watchlist

wasn't like that a few years ago when I was in high school, I think your full of shit.

>Have masters degree
>People hiring for BS degree say that you are overqualified
>People at research level only hire PhD.
It is like living in limbo

you arent going to like hearing this but if you are still in your 20s i rec you apply for a funded phd in europe

Tell me more, I live across the pond but I am interested

where the fuck are you pulling that act out of- your ass? they would teach python if ANYTHING. You're lucky to not get a "CS" class that's just HTML....

Most CS classes in highschool are literally Scratch tier... Race to the bottom, amirite?

harvard teaches scratch

No you fucking freak go on google and search for C++ and get going retard. The age of autodidacts is now.

Attached: 1544003163030.png (510x468, 210K)

>tfw dual degree in CS and Chemistry
>tfw cheminformatics pays as much as software engineering just in case

they rarely teach C++ at high schools

apply anyway bro, shit you'll never know unless you try.
>fail first year of chem bsc
>get job as analytical chemist because my resume is the only one that even has 'chemistry' written on it.
>fudge numbers, ten thousand 50ml bottles have to be poured back into the mix vat.
>use the handwash instead of the chem drain and dye a canal blue
>nobody traces it back because canal is already so polluted.
>forget to open the top vent, pump truck collapses the 2000gal waste tank full of hydrofluoric acid
>splash a heater matrix in the salt cell corrosion chamber and trip power to the entire factory.
>wash IR spectroscope's salt lenses in water, tell nobody.
>open hydrogen valves with pipe wrench.
>siphon 55gal drum of surfactant onto the floor overnight, whole lab looks like it's been hotglued.
>we get bought out by ze germans
>they say we'll have to use SAP
>quit on the spot
and that was the day i fought rocky

Have to mention that in my chemistry degree they did teach some programming. It was intro to Pascal and they said it was all the program for chemistry needs about CS stuff.
They clearly lied to us

yeah pretty much

>not just lying and saying that you have a bachelors just to get in

Lying on your resume is for women and faggots.

>t.unemplyed fag

>required knowledge of C++ or java.
C++ takes about 2 weeks of full time study.

>Knowledge of Linux operating systems
This requires an IQ of about 65, or higher.

Quit whining and start learning.

You should learn Java instead of C++, C++ is slow garbage, and Java has a large economy for server use - and Java generally isnt that hard to learn

Fellow chemgoy here, you need to git gud. Last summer did a paid internship working on neural networks

Attached: 19642390_486009071741095_4810816627175816363_n.jpg (500x546, 24K)

I'm literally a high school drop out and make 60k writing babytier sql and json scripts for a database management company

I don't know why you collegefags bother if you're only working for money. College is for passion, not paychecks

Guess what, goy, computer science is essential to everything just as mathematics always has been. Two sides of the same coin, goy.

Geometry (derived from "Geo-Metron" [to measure the Earth]) = Mathematics = Declarative knowledge, what is true
Computer Science = = Imperative knowledge, how to find or make it true

Attached: 1545065842797.jpg (849x393, 402K)