/iemg/ — In-Ear Memes General

The In-Ear Monitors General: Giant Killer Edition, where we purchase products that punch above their price bracket, showing boomers that you don't have to spend over a thousand dollars to get comparable performance.

IEM advice request template:
>Your Budget
>Your Location
>Wired/wireless
>Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds
>Sound signature
>Past IEMs

Featured: MEMT X5S - the current hanging-style $15 champion.

Attached: AK-Original-MEMT-X5S-In-Ear-Earphone-3-5MM-Stereo-In-Ear-Headset-Dynamic-Earbuds-Hifi.jpg (1000x1000, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/9o2f5n/psa_oratory1990s_list_of_eq_presets/
gizchina.com/2019/01/08/xiaomi-announces-mi-airdots-pro-an-affordable-replica-of-apples-airpods/
archive-media-0.nyafuu.org/w/image/1498/24/1498243570620.png
dropbox.com/s/vmo5osvahmm1r8v/KZ ZS6 (USound Target).pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ERGOFIT GOOD
SENHEISER BAD

Why double flange?

verdict on hybrids pro hd?

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 16K)

CHANGE IT TO WHATEVER YOU WANT

I want to see the reason why.
Isolation - i don't think so, they're literally same depth with most single flange.
Comfort - i think foams or spinfit/final e types of tips is more commercially successful, and people love it.

What's the best way to remove ear cum from your shitty retard eardildos?

Thick alcohol like hand sanitizer works for me.

I quite like mine, too bad their isolation sucks. I guess that could be a positive for some though.

Any reviews on those or should I wait for xiaomi airdots pro?

I'm in for nigger bass and good call quality.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (813x455, 155K)

i just have a bunch of antiseptic wipes

*rapes you with treble*

It's Beyer iem?

Awaiting these, should be here by the 16th at most

Attached: IMG_20190108_232301_043.jpg (1280x569, 50K)

Probably not the healthiest thing to do but I use automotive brake cleaner soaked qtips, not on ear of course but on iems.

Thanks IEM guy, i can't wait for your first impressions.

>automotive brake cleaner soaked qtips
what the fuck, even just using water would be better

Pull off rubber tips, wash and dry. Clean speaker with q-tip. Reassemble. Clean your ears every once in a while too

I have had the V-moda remix wired iems and KZ EDR2(current) as well.

It's not that bad, cleans grease and oils like nothing else and quickly evaporates leaving no residue.

What are the absolute lowest profile earbuds/iems you can buy? I prefer over ear, and with good isolation.

So I tried an EQ that an audio engineer made on Reddit (yes I sinned, go neck yourself) on my KZ ES4, and holy shit, I realized that I have been listening to a bloaty-mess-fuck all the time.

I think what it basically do is follow the Harmon Target FR by using EQs. I'm highly recommend it, especially to those you want to, the very least, experience the Harman Curve shit.

Attached: KZES4ondrugs.png (1280x800, 351K)

god tier

best airpod/wireless in ears? does xiaomi have one thats good?

link?

Have you tried viper4windows?

Here bro:
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/9o2f5n/psa_oratory1990s_list_of_eq_presets/

Nahh, but I tried it on my android. It's pretty good.

Sennhieser and Master & Dynamic make some

What to use on phone? viper4android, jamesdsp?

Have xiaomi which doesn't have native eq that works over bluetooth, everything sounds like PA system.

pic. semi-related, replacing battery on my shitty ancient plantronics backbeat go 2 headphones.

Equalizer APO worked great on windows for me. Never managed to get v4w working.

Attached: DSCN2463.jpg (1920x1440, 168K)

>Nahh, but I tried it on my android. It's pretty good

You need the .irs files for the convolver?

I can help you get v4w working

OP is based. Don't forget to post a link to the last thread ;)

Your ears just need to become whores. I have been taking big black buds for honestly 20years lol. Currently I am using the Revonext QT2 with a 5.5mm port diameter and the larger T500 foams. MY EARS ARE WHORES.

Just buy bulk foam tips. I got 24 T500 black tips for US $7.89 I'll post a link later. END FOAM ANXIETY

Because air dot pros are IEMs with silicon tips they could actually deliver some real Sub-Nig-Bass but we will have to see the original airdots got senselessly memes hard round 11.11 and a lot of people got fucking memed.

>oratory eqs
literally mud

>What to use on phone?
Viper. Do you have magisk?

I only know that some android music players actually have a nice set of tools built in (PowerAmp and Neutron). I recommend trying out Neutralizer on Android though, but you can't really follow the Harman Target there.

What convolver??? It's just an EQ

On what earphones have you tried it on?

One of Vipers features is a convolver, which I consider to be its best feature. However, you need impulse response files to make it run.

Attached: Screenshot_ViPER4Android_FX_20190108-235525.png (720x1280, 42K)

There are perfect airpod copy's for 1/5 of the applel price. They are called "i10 tws" I bought a bunch as gifts they are up to par in every respect. Here have and Illuminati Pepe

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.47M)

Attached: 1546401674075.jpg (700x400, 32K)

I know that, but IDK why is he/are you asking me that.

andromedas and several full sized headphones, they all sound significantly worse than the normal tuning like as if i was listening to mud though 5 feet of concrete

the battery is 2 hours. not even comparable to airpods

Are these really the smartest buy on a budget ???

Attached: 130.jpg (1007x1178, 364K)

You're wasting cpu clock on that one.
Use bmc0/dsp with ladspa.

Also learn to use parametric equalizer, like from rew. Graphics equalizer is inaccurate for that purpose.

Fuck no. There are many better alternatives to it now. Keep searching or use the form.

He is mocking harman target, which is being memed at /hpg/
Mh756 is perfectly -+3db on target, like hd600 mids and treble.

no i'm talking about my literal personal experience with oratory's eqs

Ooooooh, thank user, I'll try that if I'm not a faggot right now. Ain't this parametric though?

Attached: q.png (1280x800, 329K)

is mh756 a typo? all I see is fucking malaysia airlines in jewgle

it is a typo, but you're still going to get malaysia airlines when you search for mh755 which is the actual iem

755, sorry.
Oh, im sorry user. I think it was typical graphic eq.
Also good thing is bmc0/dsp is useable with alsa, it's scriptable, and has minimal latency.

thanks, how and where the hell do you buy a genuine one? amazon has given me fakes for other products before

so what's the deal with chi-fi iems? They all sound unremarkable from what I've heard, the iems from my phone sound just as good. Is there a reason why no one will spend over $20? Feels like I'm missing something

What are you using now?

ergofit can't compete with with a 4 dollar par of chinkbuds.

E5000

> battery is 2 hours

It's actually closer to 3.5 hours and you need to learn some fucking physics if you honestly a think a battery the fucking volume of a Toothpick is gonna give you any more than that anytime soon.

I MAD.

Attached: image.png (1334x750, 1.71M)

I have a pair of these on the way. How does the sound compare to the wired earpods or VE Monk Plus?

for how much they get shilled do any of you even have an mh755

They sound exactly the same as the EarPods and AirPods. I even EQed the fuckers with CANOPER App. The real question is do they go loud enough. Yes they do.

*disclaimer* still nothing compared to say TIN T2 with a 9 dollar BT MMCX cable.

gizchina.com/2019/01/08/xiaomi-announces-mi-airdots-pro-an-affordable-replica-of-apples-airpods/

Satan trips confirms.

That's good to hear. I will be using them to listen to podcasts and audiobooks mostly but maybe I'll use them for working out if they sound that good.

absolute complete newfag here, should i just by the MEMTX5S from the OP? I only need them for a commute and maybe for VR. i've got normal meme headphones for everything else.

yeah a few pairs which will be recabled with mmcx connectors soon. use them erry day.

Attached: P1040204.jpg (1400x1036, 340K)

pape user pls

You can buy it anywhere.
Buy orange version, buy two of it, ask for serial number.

Wut cable is that user?

sony cable extension cable and stock mh755.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1000x1000, 37K)

Here you go user:
archive-media-0.nyafuu.org/w/image/1498/24/1498243570620.png

Comfy ain't it?

how do you like that dx 3 pro? worth it?
what full sized headphones do you use

The Einsear T2’s are fucking fantastic for $10. Can’t speak for the op’s set as I haven’t heard them

Thanks user.
While mh755 is $6, perfectly on target, and compete with kilobuck iem.

Incredibly clean and drives all my iems at the lowest gain setting to full volume to 55% on the dial. The channel matching is exceptional because it's not an analogue pot and it's all digitally controlled. This is something i was looking for because channel imbalances drive me crazy specially for sensitive iems. This is more than enough for any iem and i plan to use it with ex1000s and ier-z1rs when they arrive. As far as full sized headphones they can drive planars (he 400is) but not stuff like HE6s. Good little all in one and the only issue i've had was popping when switching between bitrates but that was patched with a firmware update. I can't think of a better all in one set up unless you are a looking for some inaudible technicalities. If i ever decide this isn't enough i'll get a RME ADI2 and call it quits but this unit has been perfect.

Wanted to buy a pair of DM6 to see if the shill hype around them is real but it seems like its almost impossible to buy a pair right now.

Does anyone know where I can buy these kinds of mmcx connectors with the red and blue ring around them?

Attached: DSC_0019.jpg (1200x800, 117K)

yeah i found several pairs on taobao for 5 cents a unit.

How good are these things? I have yet to see any measurements...

Attached: 1520516060864.jpg (980x400, 32K)

You guys finally realized that KZ sucks balls?

They are reported to be good but they haven't made it to many people yet since they are the newest KZ.

Yeah I've been trying to find more reliable reviews. I stopped buying cheap chifi but I really like the setup (1DD 4BA). Hopefully they tune it properly instead of having it be extremely bassy with no treble extension.

>they haven't made it to many people yet since they are the newest KZ.
plus they aren't cheapos. most people won't buy $40 KZ without reviews.

I have i7s TWS since couple days ago, anyone knows if there is any way of fixing left and right channels being swapped? They also desync after a couple of minutes so it feels like I'm listening to a person speaking and then to an echo of that in the other ear.

I know they're shit and not recommended but I just wanted some cheap wireless shit to wear during exercise and not feel bad if I lose or break one. But did I get a faulty product?

dropbox.com/s/vmo5osvahmm1r8v/KZ ZS6 (USound Target).pdf?dl=0

That's for ZS6, not ZS7

Well worry, i thought it was zs6. Let see.

What the fuck is "private mode"
What does it do

Attached: PRIVATE.png (493x562, 76K)

About to get chinked user? It means custom design of your choice. Poor little guy, about to get ripped off...

Nah not about to waste my money on audio any time soon
Just wondering what the option is for
It's not just custom shell, that another option

Let's see everyone's daily listening setups.
Either on the go, or at the desk.

Attached: IMG_20190109_074201.jpg (2448x3264, 1.67M)

Clean output on that thing?

Left: At desk
Middle: On bed with phone
Right: Outside

Attached: scaled.jpg (1000x1000, 358K)

I own every single Piston model and imo Piston 3 and the new Piston Pro 2 are still the best.

Are you going to recable them yourself? I have a pair of mh750 and a pair of mh1's that Im going to give a try recabling

Yes my boi. Sounds nice for about 25 ameribucks with a 3 buck mixza.
2 issues. Firstly it only plays mp3's Secondly it's limited to 2000 songs per storage device. Total 4000 between the system and the card. But you can't combine the libraries which makes me sad.
Honestly worth the price to not kill my phone at work though.

Cant you rockbox it for more file support?

no

Recabling mh755 is easy.
Some user did a gif on how to open the housing, also the good thing is it didn't need to reglue the housing.

No only the original models. The Sansa versions.
:'(

any not-so-bad bluetooth IEMs to use on bike? bluedio TN2?

got the OnePlus Bullets Wireless recently, did I do good?

Attached: oneplus-bullets-wireless-earphones-launched-india-rs-3999-1526560603.jpg (600x337, 45K)