Attached: oled.jpg (626x416, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JhSLAirsnyw
youtube.com/watch?v=AeibN0xb0bE
youtube.com/watch?v=NkfEn4CPA5E
displayninja.com/what-is-hdmi-2-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's with the influx of OLED shills?

New meme tech. Too bad they don't know that OLED is an overly expensive stopgap for quantum dot.

>new
user...

OLED isn't new. It's meme status is, though. It's still shit. Burn-in and black crush are awful, and always have been. shifting a pixel to the left and right every few minutes doesn't do shit except burn in a slightly wider area.

>black crush
youtube.com/watch?v=JhSLAirsnyw

this is black crush? I can't find much other then people having shit set for low contrast displays and not doing any adjustment of brightness to compensate the fact that instead of 1:500-1:1000 tn/ips panel they have a 1:3500-1:7500 panel so they bitch that darks are to dark.

are people this retarded?
"Oh I know, ill move to the left or the right, you know, look at it at an angle were the screen starts to distort the picture to show i dont know how to set brightness in games, usually a setting games force you to set before the fucker even loads.

youtube.com/watch?v=AeibN0xb0bE

>no hdmi 2.1
Fucking trash

a screen that gets you actual black, on a per pixel basis, is darker then a ips

zooms in and shows the dark detail is still shown, it's just... you know... dark... like it should be.

proceeds to call it defective because its not backlit and the pixels can turn off completely, something that they can't do on ips...

yea... really showing me what the problem is there and that its not just retards who want shittier displays because they can't properly set them up.

>"I don't know why this line is here"
directly before this
>"I increased the settings so far my tv is throwing a fit"

holy shit... he has PER PIXEL LOCAL DIMMING, and instead of maxing the brightness, he has it set half way...

>"Not even a high iso can fix this"
Earlier in the video the screen is getting dimmer because the fucking one below it so the camera is focusing on balancing for that rather than the oled.

>HDMI
proprietary garbage. only a true cuck would use this standard.

jesus the guy who made that video, 'lets like anyone that tells me oleds are shit, and lets argue with people who tell me how to calibrate it properly'

and yet there is no better alternative.

>muh VGA

Attached: 1507898839332.jpg (220x229, 10K)

Enjoy your burn in, either from your taskbar or from your video game hubs.

Attached: burn in.png (1366x768, 235K)

Don't leave it on 24/7 like a retard and you won't get burn-in.

This was someone who owned it a year and claimed to treat it gently, less than 4 hours per day.

I've seen quite a few VA panels with rather horrible ghosting in dark areas and it seems to be due to ctc being a lot faster than gtg. It's a big problem in games and movies where there's dark areas mixed with light or light colored areas.

This isn't a problem with all VA panels. It's just something I've seen on some VA panels which isn't a problem on TN and IPS panels I've seen.

>you're using it wrong
sorry that bullshit argument doesn't fly. OLED panels have a problem which was also common on earlier technologies like CRT and Plasma. TN, VA, IPS, PLS and AHVA don't have this problem. Sure, you can work around it - but why should you need to? Why would you buy a display with this problem when there's plenty of choices that don't? It makes even less sense to pay extra for something with a bug/problem even the cheapest of monitors don't have.

Honestly.. if a 4k 27" OLED monitor cost $100 then I'd say sure, the risk of burn-in is a disadvantage I can live with. At $1200 it shouldn't have such a problem.

>claimed
We now have test results from rtings after 5000 hours, lets say 3 years of normal usage. The only test subject that has serious burn in is the one that is playing cnn 20h a day.

what is dvi

>Honestly.. if a 4k 27" OLED monitor cost $100 then I'd say sure, the risk of burn-in is a disadvantage I can live with. At $1200 it shouldn't have such a problem.
Is that how much it costs? You can get a 120 hz 55" HDR+ Quantum Dot panel for less than that.

That's odd, because here's one that only has a couple hundred hours on it: youtube.com/watch?v=NkfEn4CPA5E

Other type panels have different disadvantages, it is up to consumer to choose. Fact is that today oled provides best picture quality of all current technologies in room with controlled light. Thats about it.

>how much it costs?
OLEDs the most expensive kind of display you can buy and the premium's even higher on computer monitors than on TVs.

As for the burn-in and the shilling fag spewing fag-talk about how it only happens to people who use their display "wrong".. as I said, OLED has this problem just like plasma tvs had this problem. It shouldn't be a problem. It's that simple.

>Fact is that today oled provides best picture quality of all current technologies in room with controlled light. Thats about it.
Well, not with another inherent flaw it doesn't - color degradation. And that's on top of burn-in.

A worse alternative.
DisplayPort 1.4 can achieve: 8Kp60Hz HDR
HDMI 2.1 can achieve: 10Kp 120Hz HDR.

Nobody argued that. It was argued that it was an overly expensive meme piece of tech that is nothing more than a place holder until TV manufacturers can produce a Quantum Dot display without requiring a backlight, at which point you will have the strengths of both, and the weaknesses of neither.

neither of them are capable of 120+

>4k 144HZ
>with 2018 tech
besides tv, can GPUs even handle that without shitting itself

You can find pic related at displayninja.com/what-is-hdmi-2-1/

Attached: 2.1-hdmi-cable.png (800x318, 83K)

>You can get a 120 hz 55" HDR+ Quantum Dot panel for less than that.
it's still lcd shit, straight into the bin it goes

OLED is shit for PCs, dude. Too many static things to burn in. Task bars, scroll bars, game huds, etc. It's just a bad idea.

we're talking about computer displays, not tvs
the burn in is inevitable with a small amount of hours due to ui elements

it begins.
based joled.