Old shit

>it isn't 2005 and you're 10 years old playing HL2:DM with your clan of 18+ year old british guys and girls on Xfire with your emachines desktop with a 15” 4:3 LCD
Everything about that was better than now. I had those emachines speakers for like 13 years.

Attached: xfire_image_3.jpg (392x323, 34K)

>HL2:DM
You mean CoD 2 Toujane map

I miss xfire. Steam only won because xfire died.

> OP, the raging faggot, confirms what we've all suspected:
> MILLENNIALS ARE FUCKING CANCER.
what a shock.

but Linux is better today than it was then

I still play Heroes3 time to time...

Man XFire those were the times.

Imagine getting mad at teenagers having fun in 2005.
You are a sad lonely man, user. Seek help.

Man deathmatch was the shit

>Imagine getting mad at teenagers having fun in 2005.
this is neither 2005 nor are you a teenager. you are a massive faggot for creating this shit thread, though. we're not even discussing the technology behind it anymore. where the fuck did Jow Forums go so wrong?

I'm not OP.
This thread is technology related.
You're actually seething over pixels on an anonymous anime imageboard like an absolute loser.

yeah. counter strike is fucking shit now. matchmaking killed video games and so did consolidated monolithic online services

im using a set of boston speakers from an emachines computer from 1998. theyre actually really good.

>tech related
oh boy, here we go again. contrary to what Jow Forums says, being a faggot is not technology related. may i suggest you discuss gay shit like this at or to lesser extent because that's where nostalgiafags are and that's where they should stay.
>You're actually seething over pixels
i'm seething over crossboarders who think they know wtf they're talking about and shit up gee.

Attached: 1543008027857.gif (255x255, 363K)

t. 30yo millenial

The "all seeing eye" was a better match finder.

Still mad they didn't provide a way to download my game time played stats before they shut down

he literally says he was 10 in 2005 playing with people who were in their 20s

>Xfire
>hl2dm
this is deep levels of nostalgia

I graduated from HS in 2005 and I even remember this

Attached: mplay.jpg (1024x744, 159K)

letting programmers design uis was a mistake. especially so for c. 2005 monitors

Huh? Steam was never only chat tho.

Attached: 1505220272754.png (2688x2688, 173K)

>Call of Dookie
>Not CS: Source - Dust2

Yeah, but where did you go after xfire died? Steam obviously.
If xfire had adapted to a real platform like steam, it would be peak comfy.

>mplayer

I remember that shit. And heat.net, along with the whole microcosm of doom multiplayer, gamespy/stomped.com/dwango

Shit was better than today by a fuckload. It was more of a pain in the ass, but the quality of people you interacted with was so much higher. Servers had regulars and community.

CS Source still has some good servers, I play on HellsGamers and that 64 player one that's always full. 1.6 has an HG server that's decent

>everything was better when I was a kid
Yea no shit Sherlock

>leave my room with my computer on
>a friend of mine (girl) asks about sxe to play cs on msn
>she sends the msn vibration thing to make me notice
>mom notices the sounds before i do and checks my pc
>enter room
>user your girl friend is asking about sex
>you're now a grown child, these things are very normal etc etc
>yeah mom bye
good days teebeaych

Attached: sxe.png (276x192, 64K)

>dust2
>Not cs_office
noobs please leave

Attached: 1544550594631.gif (800x430, 564K)

Not cs_assault

>MatthiasG
Bro I use that username a lot.

We used to share ICQ Numbers on parties if we wanted to date each other

What about gamespy?

2005 was particularly very good
>no social media
>no smartphones
>economy was *great* because of unknown housing bubble
>computers were finally becoming fast
>pirating was easy and ads were easy to block
>no pay to win or free to play
>no apps
everything became shitty in 2007.

>all those lost friends

Attached: 123445785648.jpg (509x625, 31K)

remember msn gaming zone?

>2005
>10 years old

>ventrillo dead
>discord widely popular

Attached: 1501099371571.png (900x900, 573K)

>it isn't 2005 and you're 10 years
That's true. I was ten in the 90s.

go away boomer

>Halo: Combat Evolved modded dedicated servers with maps you've never played before
>"hey how come nobody is talking?"
>"join the xfire bro"
>unironically actual game girls and cool people
>people would message our group and invite us to clan tournaments
damn dude

this looks like the fake GUI that pops up whenever the hackerman in the 90s movie does a thing

Shut the fuck up cringy faggot and go back to whatever subreddit general you crawled out of.
Probably a desktop thread or /fglt/ judging by your poor character and inability to use proper grammar.

Used to hang out in hl2dm RP servers all the time.

I remember during the xfire wolfenstein event I won a logitech g5 mouse.

I can only take that much nostalgia.

Attached: 1536217483986.jpg (1024x1024, 83K)

my mplayer experience was playing starlance league for SFC and hex editing my font to giant bright pink comic sans. i'm glad other people couldn't stop me and the mods were giant retards.

not hl:dm crossfire
Get out of my house son.

I remember we all figuring out how to basically have infinite money in the built in poker game. Not that it mattered since it wasn't actual money , but still it was a pretty funny ass glitch.

>demo CDs

Attached: 1334497805.or.52826.jpg (2338x1700, 456K)

i was 4 in 2005 lmao

>tfw you will never again rush to the family pc after school
>tfw you wait 5 minutes for AOL dial-up to connect
>going pking with your middle school buds
>somebody calls your house and you d/c, getting killed and losing all your shit
>talking to random people on AOL chatrooms
>trying to seem cool talking to girls from your school on msn messenger
>halo 2 multiplayer
>finally getting that xbox 360, playing halo with your friends down the street
It's never ever coming back, and each year it gets harder to remember.

Attached: reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png (353x615, 240K)

fuck

It's not the technology that changed, it's the people. Exposure to technology became way easier and normies started getting on the same train as everybody else. The internet community just won't be the same, what you remember in the past is dead. Technology never gets worse, it only improves linearly (unless we're talking about something subjective like design). It's the people who use said technology who change, not the technology.

the internet is so fucked now. its funny this thread popped up today b/c just the other day it occurred to me how much the landscape of the internet has changed. the "old internet" of the early 00s is completely unrecognizable and unobtainable in this era of hyper-consolidation and politicization. i know some balding oldfags will moan about how there was even OLDER net culture that even i don't remember but fuck off and lemme be nostalgic for the times when i could come home from school, chat on forums and laugh hysterically in gmod rp servers before everything had a facebook login with your drivers' license photo associated to it

>ywn come home after middle school to get on the computer and meet your friends on maplestory and party up for a quest

Based and bunkerpilled
>tfw someone presses the button and you sneak in through the turret tower

Attached: 1528861920084.gif (360x238, 1.43M)

>Be 2000, the WON days
>Just finished my 3dfx Voodoo 5500 AGP install
>Decide to go fuck up some nubs in crossfire
>Get in, [LADT] Weasel's Lair, full server now
>Manage to get into the bunker, no one is inside
>Plant a satchel stack under the door
>Plant one on the nuke button
>Set off the bomb, manage to kill everyone on the other team who tries to get in
>BOOOOOOOOOOM
>The launch door never closed all the way from the stack in the way
>Neither did the stack on the button
>Blow both stacks, door closes now
>Button goes away now
>Wait 5 minutes, button is back
>Teammates are rekting nubs trying to get in by setting traps on the ladders and shit
>Plant another stack on the button, set off nuke
>Now the door opens, but the button never goes away
>Continue rekting nubs trying to get in, bomb goes off again and kills everyone
>Immediately set off nuke again repeatedly because the button door cant go away every 5 minutes the stack is on top of it
>Repeat for 30 minutes

Those were the days, *crack *sip

This is the reason why I believe most people will never leave this shit hole website.
It's our little bubble, trapped in time.
Fuck Bros, I miss playing GunZ back in the day. I miss those sleepless nights playing S4 League.
I miss discovering redtube and jacking off all day during summer break.
I miss hanging out with my friends at the cybercafe and playing Cs 1.5.
Growing old sucks balls.

Attached: Sakurai_blink.gif (280x280, 835K)

>getting the Gauss rifle and killing niggas while 30 feet in the air

Attached: 1533223509137.jpg (240x280, 18K)

>getting upset over Jow Forums talking about old tech
>the board most known for worshiping thinkpads
hello newfag, please lurk more!

> CoD 2 Toujane
over 700 hours

>tech

I played Call of Duty 2 instead though.

2005 was an awesome year for me. Vanilla WoW and Halo 2 on Xbox live with my bros.

that map was based af

Attached: shot0157.jpg (1024x768, 198K)

gmod to still exists and i played it at like 11 too, but you grow up and realize it's fucking dumb

Back when it was popular I almost bought it but I didn't and now I'll never buy it.

I miss those times, I could still smoke weed without getting panick attacks

How would someone calling your in-use phone line disconnect you? They would get a busy signal. I think you meant to say someone in your house tried to use the phone and it disconnected you.

I remember those days fondly. Dial-up seriously sucked. I was glad to have 768kbps blazing fast cable! Now I scoff at 300mbps. I'm so jaded -_-

Attached: [email protected] (261x174, 14K)

he probably had call waiting, which would play a tone over the phone line if another call came in while you were in a call

I never had to go through dial-up. Both of my parents used to work from home from the turn of the century so we had bonded ISDN, 128kbit/s of pure digital glory.

They could have made it less ugly, and integrated msn/aim/icq. I think it would have been more popular and of course added games later

My father's company gave him a gprs modem to use with his laptop while the rest of us used fucking netscape. Toward the turn of the century they started advertising "dsl" speeds which was really just compression and it only really worked on text-heavy pages, lowcolor bitmap image, or highly-structured files like midi or scripted programs.

>trying to get 320 x 240 anime realmedia rips off of forum-style websites
bless the fansubbers

Attached: reimu AAAHG.gif (221x231, 514K)

God damn I used to hate those bastards, could never hit them, and some of them would shoot through walls and shit and kill you

The only way I could kill them was if I was in the towers on a cannon and waited for one to come back down those cannons had some ridiculous splash damage

The best times of my life were 2005 to around 2009

I didn't really have much worries and things were so simple at least to me

It almost makes me cry.

Pic related.

Attached: IMG_20190110_052620.png (388x434, 74K)

>Not the Soviet map where you could toss Russian potato smasher grenades over the building and spawnrape Nazis

My pops worked for Honeywell in the 90s, so in 1994 we had 14.4kbps connection to their 128kbps ISDN line at their office. It was pretty epic to see the commercialization of the internet. I got a Yahoo email address at the end of 1997. I still often use that username I made at 10 years old all over the place for shit accounts.

I still have my Hotmail account

>no Tactical Ops

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 82K)

Same

>Imagine getting mad at teenagers having fun in 2005.
Angry German Kid?

>go home from school on Friday
>Tell Mom I finished homework at school and I'm going to go play games now
>Fire up the Gateway Desktop and go make some Ovaltine while I wait for it to boot
>CRT makes the faint crackle as it comes to life in all it's 800x600 glory
>Fire up world of Warcraft, all possible lowest settings because it was all my Pentium 4 with integrated graphics could handle
>Even still only gave me 25fps in non populated areas
>Later discovered how to add an AGP card and WoW fucking FLEW. 50FPS on medium in a major city baby!
>Doorbell rings, mom says friend is here
>He's borrowing his dad's work laptop and he hard wires into the nearby network switch
>He plays some RuneScape and plays music
>Go out on our bikes and get sandwiches from the deli for dinner
>Sleep over his house and play DDR with his sister's until we all pass out

IF WE COULD TURN BACK TIME

Attached: 1543980681488.jpg (720x833, 27K)

ad hominem newfriend
and kys
i'd have nothing against people talking about old tech but this is ridiculous. how many people are discussing technology instead of jerking over old ui and discussing fucking vidya? precisely 4(ish)

>He didn't experience the 2000s while being over 18

user I..

Attached: 05.jpg (1000x1455, 518K)

God i fucking loved mplayer.

Any idea how their ranking worked, i had a reaper rank in q3 on a 56k modem which was super fucking rare, at least from what i recall about q3 almost nobody had that rank on 56k it was all people with isdn and dsl.

What about my space? You are probably a 14 year old zoomer larper.

>I.. am a disgusting attention whoring anime pedo scum
You're welcome, faggot

I was already downloading those through Kazaa/Morpheus/Limewire. Then I discovered bittorent in 2005.