/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: yande.re 506208 animal_ears ex_idol feet headphones iriam mia_(iriam) nekomimi seifuku stockings swe (2032x2980, 3.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Inch-3-5mm-Male/dp/B00QMITC7G
pastebin.com/VggNBLXS
diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/hifiman/ananda/
reddit.com/r/headphones/search?q=hifiman build&restrict_sr=on&include_over_18=on&sort=relevance&t=all
twitter.com/AnonBabble

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

LOL, Stax headphones are literally audiophool garbage

Attached: 15456591310290.png (251x242, 114K)

first for headphones

Attached: 79168094.jpg (600x400, 34K)

I've been looking around, is there a recommended amp that can also output XLR for under $1K? I found this one but there doesn't seem to be to many until you get up into the very expensive models.

Attached: Topping.jpg (717x271, 59K)

amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Inch-3-5mm-Male/dp/B00QMITC7G

Reminder to update your filter list for the best /hpg/ browsing experience! Nikita has had his shitposting loicense REVOKED

pastebin.com/VggNBLXS

That would be outputting an unbalanced stereo signal to a input expecting a balanced input. Take it from experience, it sounds very weird and doesn't work. I want XLR balanced outputs for each channel.

why xlr instead of like 1/4?

geshelli enog2 is the cheapest measured one. smsl su-8 is cheaper as well with a lot of features

The monitor setup I have uses balanced XLR.
>smsl su-8
Thanks user, I'll give that one a go and see how it works.

>xlr monitors
oh so you have those nice active monitors :^)

Correct, I have a pair of 308PMKII's paired with a LSR310S. While both of these accept a balanced 1/4 connection, in order to daisy chain from the LSR310S to the 308PMKII's XLR has to be used.

*vomits in hiss*

Only if you don't tune them correctly. Not hard to do.

Are modern planars worth it? I'm thinking of trying out the Ananda. A friend owns a pair of HE-1000 and I really like how they sound (insane bass extension, clear mids and gentle treble) so am looking for something similar sounding.

Attached: ananda-angled-large.jpg (3840x2160, 1.54M)

Hhhhmm yes put that feet on my face my queen

fuck, maybe I should get the HE-1000 over the L700 and HD800S next

>The Ananda looks like the Edition Xv2 and HE1000 so a comparison between these 2 headphone is logical.

>The close relation is easily seen. Especially between the Edition X and Ananda. The Ananda has a higher treble peak around 8kHz though and a few dB more upper midrange/lower treble as well. This makes the Ananda slightly clearer/brighter sounding or the Edition X(v2) somewhat more ‘relaxed’ sounding. The price difference is not that big. The Ananda plays noticeable louder though.

>The HE1000 is clearer and sounds a bit more detailed than the Ananda.

>Even though the measurements at a first glance seem to say these are very close there are audible and appreciable differences between these headphones. Whether or not the sound of the 3x more expensive HE1000 is worth the sonic differences is a decision everyone should make for them selves.

diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/hifiman/ananda/

Sounds like a solid choice. Their measurements look pretty good too.

the boomer user here demoed both the lcd-4 and he-1000 and wanted something in between the two. he decided to go for stax and was happy he did. hifiman has quality control issues and their headphones are hit or miss when it comes to sound. same for poodezes but they are 2x more expensive than they should be. L700 is superior to any headphone either company makes

Attached: 1543036603795.png (1350x700, 89K)

harmantardons on suicide watch

Attached: tesla.jpg (690x423, 41K)

that LCD4 graph looks choice

I could get it far cheaper used but that headphone is so old now that I'm afraid I'll get unlucky with one that's been beat to death for years when I could just pick up an L700 with a decent energizer for the same price

Anyone know what those old Soviet planars were called? They were going for like 20 bucks on eBay not long ago

the issue is owning an audeze outside of their warranty period due to diaphragm failures. they make you pay 50% msrp for repair. there's a headfi thread called "how many times have you serviced your lcd-3?". the title alone should give you an idea (lol)

for hifiman you have these threads:
reddit.com/r/headphones/search?q=hifiman build&restrict_sr=on&include_over_18=on&sort=relevance&t=all

I'm .

I tried the L700 and they are not my cup of tea unfortunately. Same reason I never get around the HD800 or HD800S, the treble is too bright and the mids lacking body. I think I definitely have a preference for gentler sound, but not to the extent of Audeze LCD2 which is too dark. So something like the HE1000 (which is a big surprise to me) or newer ZMFs like Verite or Aeolus.

>chinkfiman literally cuts circles out of used bath sponges and uses them to fill their pads

Attached: lji05qn3566x.jpg (2048x1152, 227K)

Yeah boomer here if you like music with any kind of cymbals lcd-4 isnt for you u will say that LCD-4 is an amazing headphone but that huge dip in 8khz

Attached: image.jpg (850x1202, 874K)

>treble too bright and mids lacking body
you would like the sr-007 then. not dark af like the lcd-2 but a dark stax

Also try and find a LNS hard to find but I really like mine

feet

To be honest I don't have much interest in stats. Seems too esoteric for my liking and I'm not interested in used goods.

The thing with hifiman is that I live fairly close to their headquarters in China. I haven't compared prices directly but I'm sure they're cheaper in China.

Pretty sure that's from someone dirty ass ear and a neckbeard who doesn't shower. That is why some people have problems with velour on some other headphones but I never had an issue since it never gets hot here.

I have nothing bad to say about zmf if you like that kind of sound. I would stay away from hifiman. planars are also extremely overrated.
I would stay away from hifiman
the person said it was shipped to him like that and he was wondering why one pad was softer than the other so he opened it up. this isn't surprising knowing hifiman

based and redpilled. Buying used headphones is basically having cu ck written on your forehead while getting raped with tyrone. Don't let ((shills)) fool you.

Attached: 1534063433762.jpg (1200x675, 899K)

What's stopping you from getting the Aeolus? I sold my entry-level STAX L300 as soon as I audition them because they sound really, really nice and I immediately knew I had to get one.

There's a word in Chinese called "chabuduo"

It essentially means "whatever, good enough" and is ubiquitous in China. No one gives a shit about producing a quality product or service.

unless you buy a barely used one from a str8 qt

Attached: file.png (1080x2244, 1.55M)

How does one go around finding a qt chinese sugar mommy who craves white love?

Speak Chinese well and be handsome. Rich Chinese girls never had to actually learn English because they're rich, and they also don't care about branching out to non-Chinese guys because they're already rich; there's no need to gain/save face by marrying a rich Chinese dude.

If she's beautiful but not rich she's just waiting to sell herself to the highest Chinese bidder.

Any questions? My first girlfriend in Beijing was a rich 27 year old who bought me tons of shit.

>Speak Chinese
Well, fuck.

*sniffs* perfect smelly feet.

Considering people have been listening to ipod and pc motherboard dacs for decades without finding an issue why do external dacs exist again?

Go after Japanese or Korean girls. Chinese girls have major hygiene issues and unless they're rich they're practically useless in a relationship.

Reminder to judge headphones solely by a graph and to never question a measurement as it is always objective

Attached: 2gvAefX.png (950x533, 87K)

I'm fluent in 4 languages but asian shit seems impossible due to their writing, maybe korean is passable.

Not him but you have to wait for 3 to 4 months before your pair is ready.

What the fuck is going on on the ears system

>only one nikki post so far
you're not trying very hard are you? baka nikita always a failure at life, put your back into it. if shitposting is the only job you have you might as well do the job properly

So....

HD800S vs L700

Korean is the easiest to learn how to read but the grammar will be difficult.

Indeed

Attached: image0.jpg (778x1100, 246K)

200$ test system vs 10k$ systems

How's the ZMF Verite?

ZMF Verite? More like ZMF SHITE

Haha nice slam dude! What about the Cocobolo?

Cocobolo? More like Locoloco

HAHA SICK BURN! XD

i have one last one for you
ZMF?
more like
WOODEN BEATS

oh SHIT! No you di'int!

Are you rich as well, smart, or """good looking"""? Unless you just got lucky? And don't say all three cause that's bullshit.

Attached: 1539548340449.jpg (468x431, 17K)

I can speak Chinese well enough, I'm not poor, and I'm handsome enough for beautiful, rich Chinese girls. Problem?

>HE1000
>Aeolus
>Vérité

Attached: d0szgC4_d.jpg (478x478, 21K)

okay now I know you are lying or just narcissistic. Maybe both. Don't tell me you are half white and half chinese like elliot rodger...

Attached: 1537773762876.png (609x960, 470K)

Stop responding to him. he's fucked in the head.

I'm white and studied Japanese for many years before I began learning Chinese so learning characters was easy.

>this cope

I'm not coping anything, you're just a narcissistic blogging faggot. No one cares about your imaginary chinkland exploits, take that to /soc/. Discuss headphones or piss off.

Why are Britbongs always so angry and aggressive?

Should I buy these? It comes with a headphone stand, too :^)

Attached: file.png (1080x2244, 1.11M)

>britbongs
You're not talking to whoever you think you're talking to.
>Should I buy these?
It's your money, go figure it out. Not your personal financial advisor.

>piss off

Only angry britbongs say this.

>Not your personal financial advisor.

If you aren't willing to discuss headphones with your fellow threadmates then please leave :^)

Thoughts on hifiman he4xx? Saw it for sale in europe as used for one month. Kinda wondering how it sounds like.

>Only angry britbongs say this.
Wrong but I guess living in chinkland makes you out of touch with the rest of the world so whatever.
>If you aren't willing to discuss headphones with your fellow threadmates then please leave :^)
There's a line between discussing headphones and begging for approval or advice every single fucking time something shiny catches your eye. Stop trying to be witty, you come off as a mallet trying to be a knife.

That's what these threads are for. You can't just get angry at people you're jealous of.

You keep pulling this jealous card but you fail to recognize there are people here that own more expensive single headphones than your entire headphone collection. I really can't tell if this is your way of defending yourself on the internet or if you genuinely believe you're the only person here with money.

tfw hpg ruined music and sound for me, not even worth listening to any modern music because its all mastered in sub 4 dynamic range. t-thanks a lot you autists

Attached: 1538418932132.png (435x441, 274K)

ok dude. Be angry if you want to. I'll keep doing my thing here.

You're welcome.

Attached: 1545763708288.png (1313x438, 48K)

I'm not angry so much as I am curious as to how you come off as so self-obsessed and holier-than-thou despite coming here to us to beg us for advice. Do you not see how this is counterintuitive? Do you not see how you're just going to guarantee that everyone will think you're an idiot sooner or later? Or are you so full of yourself, genuinely, that you cannot fathom people hating you and shunning you? Because if you are you'd best get mentally prepared because it's going to start happening very soon.

We'll see :^)

I think people here enjoy my posts.

>I think people here enjoy my posts.
So you actually have your head that far up your ass then. Enjoy the ride down.

I think you're already down there and just want some company. Do you need a hug? :^)

Stop trying to have the last say, it's not doing you any good. Your responses are not as clever or insulting as you think they are.

She just wants you to sniff her feet user.

i need NC headphones that aren't bose dogshit because my old ones broke in 1.5 years of using them
what do you recommend

Attached: 1533572917972.png (720x720, 1010K)

bruh those are some big ass sniffers evolved to handle some seriously smelly brapps

Attached: sniff-7.jpg (1719x1594, 202K)

Basically a clearer hd600 with more extension in the low end.

Edifier w860

ooga booga

How is this shit even legal?

Why would it be illegal for niggers to have big noses?

child abuse

Try Love Live.

Remembering that one time I tried LCD X's. That planar bass though.

Attached: 591.gif (680x643, 954K)

What?

planar more like plebnar cus its for plebs

It fwaps against your ear like an ass against your thighs

daily reminder that dt1990 literally btfos every shitcan from snapheiser

Attached: 1537333953024.jpg (2480x1754, 781K)

Ahh that's pretty interesting. Does.it have a wider soundstage as well?

If you had to pick fidelio x1 or 4xx, 4xx would be better right? Easier available pads etc.?

*sniffs smelly feets*

Kill yourself thanks.

I wonder if the footposter even has fucking headphones.