Nvidia is done

Attached: file.png (1280x628, 503K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amd.com/en/shop/
amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KPMTLHJ/?tag=pcp0f-21
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

$699

2080 is worse and costs 850$

Attached: 1544028962949.jpg (224x224, 12K)

this thread aged well

>Raytracing is dead
Why do AMDrones always want to stop innovation?

It's 699 as well. Look it up.

The cheapest one is 779, and it only has 8GBs of RAM

Attached: file.png (1239x345, 108K)

>same performance as 2080
>same price as 2080 (which is fucking overpriced)
Not that I even got my hopes up. These prices are the new norm. Thanks jews.

see pic

Attached: 1542624249893.png (299x558, 84K)

Depends on where you live probably, but how is it overpriced if it's better than 2080 and has the same price even?

That's the bottom of the barrel 2080 with a bitch heat sink, bad example

>1 FPS difference
wew it's nothing

Twice the VRAM though.
>inb4 it doesn't matter
People said the same about Fiji. The next console gen will destroy current VRAM usage.

>if it's better
You have 3 benchmarks shown by AMD, two of which show essentially identical performance, and one is a literally who. Do you look at nvidia charts and pretend they're 100% accurate too? No? Please use your head a little.

2080 is overpriced by at least a $100, so a card of same performance at the same price is obviously overpriced.

And do you think the $699 VII will be the best model? That's where they start. Seriously, use your head a little.

>Twice the faster RAM

The competition can't compete

It's a refrence card, you would see both cheaper OEMs and more expensive ones. Usually reference cards are somewhat overpriced compared to partners

>msrp vs real price

retard

"While it's nice to see AMD trying to push high-end gaming even more, it's still lagging behind NVIDIA, which is already bringing 4K gaming to notebooks with its new RTX mobile GPUs."

You can get them from AMD directly for MSRP with games bundled, retard

>you would see both cheaper OEMs
Hahahahaha

Is this your first launch? The prices are never lower than MSRP during launch and for several months after. Why would they be, when there's almost never enough supply to fill the demand anyway?

I knew this place had turned into shit, but I didn't realize that people became this stupid.

>buying new tech in the first few months when it's overpriced
wew

I love this backpedaling

>it's not $699, the cheapest one is $780
>ok it's $699, but OEM VIIs will be cheaper than the MSRP
>ok, they won't be cheaper than the MSRP, but just wait 5 months!
The defense mechanisms sure are strong. Doesn't matter how many retarded statements I prove wrong, you guys manage to come up with another one.

And a hint to this one: if you don't care about launch price, then you shouldn't be using 2080's current price as comparison either

Nope, I mean that OEMs would make one cheaper than 699 eventually, and you can get MSRP from AMD directly or wait a few months for partner boards.

>I mean that OEMs would make one cheaper than 699 eventually
And 2080 will be cheaper than 699 eventually. What's your point? For now, they're the same price and presumably have similar performance.

Is there any point to 16GB memory on a video card in 2019?

Well it's good for futureproofing.The performance and high memory amount means you can use it for a long time with no worries.

Sure thing, it's more future-proof and if you do any graphics work like 3D modelling or video editing it's really good to have all this RAM.

Regardless of all this arguing and shilling from both sides, I'm impressed about the server chip, and you should be too.

>$699
Um yeah guess i am going to buy the 2060 for 350. I will never spend more than 400 on a gpu

No.

Is there a shot of the I/O on the Radeon 7 that shows if it has the one-cable USB-C VR?

link pls

that VRAM not for gaming, it's for video editing
which sucks, that GPU would be golden if it was GDDR6 8Gb for ~$550
when will they drop this HBM shit already?

amd.com/en/shop/
I hope they'll make preorders soon, but even if they wouldn't this is usually the place to get MSRP cards.

Makes as much sense as when the 390 had 8gb on a card that runs like a 970. Its there just to trick idiots into thinking more ram is better

i don't wanna buy a rebadged rx480, but I don't wanna buy green jew.

should i wait for the blue goy?

what the fuck is this language

Have you owned an nvidia card? Ive owned nvidia and amd and i wont go back to amd unless i really have to because they suck

t. windowze user

from nvidia's own website moron

Attached: 1ec0c60b146b3c3edb7.png (1357x920, 172K)

I game on windows obviously and work on mac or linux.

OEMS don't choose based on price. they mainly chose based on efficiency and who they have partners with. nvidia wins in both categories. if a gpu is more expensive for the OEM they just transfer the extra cost to you.

Hello sir please delete this racist post.

>can't use PCPartpicker

The cheapest is $670 with $120 in free games.

>no rtx
>700 dollars
Whahahahs

Deliberately ignored it since it was a sale that ends today. Some drone would've complained about that anyway, and then I would've posted the $699 card afterwards, so might as well skip that step. I've argued with enough of them to know how these things progress.

"$120 in free games" is fairly dishonest too, when they're both garbage games and BFV had a 50% discount iirc because it was selling like trash. Dunno if VII comes with some games. Haven't checked and don't really care.

John carmack said there really isn’t any point to a new console generation unless it has raytracing hardware. So whether its AMD or Nvidia hardware I would think there’s a good chance new consoles will use raytracing.

*Cries in european conversion*

Attached: f2h6s5hd43.png (989x239, 58K)

>vram doesnt matter
meanwhile computerbase tested rtx2060 and concluded there there already are games where 6gb ram isnt enough at 1080p

amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KPMTLHJ/?tag=pcp0f-21

dental care isnt going to pay itself nigel, neither are rapefugees and spork confiscation squads

Any mention of hdmi 2.1 on this new card? It would be big advantage for people wanting to output to some of new 4k/120 tvs.

That is like 845$ you dickhead

are you stupid?

Attached: 65f392b33d59e7b09.png (1188x102, 24K)

>HD4850
>fantastic card at the time
>250 bucks
Now mid-range is 600 dollars and counting. Fuck this shit.

So it;s simply a card that is competitive with an RTX 2080 as far as we all know?
That doesn't sound too bad, I was never expecting them to blow me away with something better and cheaper than a 2080ti in the first place.

Sure, I use my main for 3D modeling and regularly have ~8gb of PSD textures in view on a model, so having all that in VRAM without it virtualizing out to main RAM means more RAM for running applications in my workflow.

845.00$ == 660.68£

gonna be a long way off then, seriously though I don't see how they can do much better than god of war graphically, and its runs on an ancient shitbox one.

how retarded are you? follow a reply chain before making retarded comments next time

christ, the amount of dumbfucks on this board...

>t. american who don't know currencies

The price is devastating, it very well should be a be a gen ahead of 1080 ti performance ideally but amd is shit and can't do anything but recycle gcn again for the hundredth time. At the very fucking least they could have released it as a 2080 equivalent without the rtx tax at 550$ but they couldn't even do that.

I'm not retarded but reading the whole chain is beneath me.
I will consider this an acceptable loss.

>UK has 20% VAT
>$700*1.2 = $840
There's your reason.

Is vulkan better than opengl?

What stops AMD from releasing this card?

Same reason Nvidia held the market back on asynchronous compute.

Don't be mad Nvidia has no fan boys. Only consumers.

Yes, specially when multicore is concerned.
OpenGL and DirectX11 are APIs that only one thread can touch and make draw calls, so you ALWAYS end up with a CPU that takes much more load than the others as it is the blessed one.
Of course, you can make the other CPUs pre process shit so the blessed thread have to do less work, but it's definitively not ideal.
But with Vulkan and sadly DirectX12, all the cores can talk to the APIs and make draw calls, so you can have your moar coars little army doing all the job.

8GB for the same money as AMD's 16GB

LOOOOOOOOL NVIDIA BTFO

>radeon vii is better at this one unpopular game that will never be popular running on vulkan made by a company whose biggest achievements were shitty sniper games
>also it costs the same
>it will also run worse on the most popular games for 5 years after which muh finewine
>b-b-but muh 16gb hbm2

>>same price as 2080 (which is fucking overpriced)

Yeah but AMD's version isn't marked up so you get to feel less jew'ed.

When you undervolt the vegaVII and push the clocks it will close in on the 2080ti

also it has 16gb of VRAM

2080 only has 8gb, 2080ti only has 12gb

The amount of raw data that the vega can keep loaded is beyond insane. You can keep an entire massive gameworld with high res 8K textures fully loaded and accessible at all times with no slowdowns.

Imagine the insane skyrim mods you can run on this thing

all of you guys complaining about the price, how poor are you honestly?

While I shit on the RTX gimmick I'm not even sure I want this either. I'm all for the budget king AMD has become. Their low price stuff is actually decent unlike Nvidia's. This, not sure. As of late, their newest drivers are so messed up many people with the more expensive Vega models are getting the fuck away from them.

Amd generally has better pricing and that pricing is horrendous.

can't believe this shit is real. AMD is years late to the party and all they have to show off is three cherrypicked games, two of which only have a 1 fps gain. Radeon 7 is also much less power efficient (louder + hotter), has no ray tracing, and no DLSS.
Now that nvidia has allowed their cards to work with freesync there's literally no reason to buy this trash.

Too bad their GPU lineup can't be as competitive as ryzen was.

wheres my 1440p card for $250?

I wonder if we will witness second killing of PhysX. Upping resolution sure improved gameplay.

usb-c support will only start with navi.

devils trips

Yes, this is a pretty shit product, 2080 may not even have to drop in price to compete

Deep learning will gladly eat up every byte of VRAM you can throw at it

yet all ML guides say avoid AMD

You shouldn't assume that the 7nm parts will have the same voltage padding that the 14nm parts had for the sake of making bins.
You definitely shouldn't base any future purchase off of something so shaky.

Why doesn't nvidia release a cheapish performance/ watt and price optimized GTX 1160/1170 or whatever they'd be named and utterly destroy RTG in the lower segments, too?

Lmao imagine being AMD right now. You cherry pick games to put your card in the best possible light and you're only 1 FPS ahead.