I miss small tech

I miss small tech

Attached: IMG_2696.jpg (2446x3038, 1.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ipod
rockbox.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gen 3 nano was goat

it will come back someday

massive hand

Still use my gen 3 nano
Also
>those extraterrestrial size fingers

>crystal_therapy_ipod.jpg

What are some good portable mp3 players currently available?

Attached: 1443031452139.jpg (619x1000, 489K)

Shanling M0

It actually looks pretty neat. Thanks, user.

Attached: 1444761084075.jpg (1000x1391, 572K)

My hands are almost too big for my OnePlus 6t, I don't miss small tech

yeah

Attached: IMG_20190109_195430.jpg (3120x4160, 3.2M)

By far the best for the money. Will drive any headphones, great DAC, can use it as a DAC for your pc if you want, has that high resolution bluetooth streaming to and from it. Just the screen and software arent amazing.

I'll see if I can find it. Thanks a lot!

Attached: 1448896571913.jpg (600x847, 94K)

based

Attached: IMG_20190109_141025192.jpg (2448x3264, 1.2M)

to finger your mom
rekt

go see an cardiologist, thank me later friend, let your fingers get checked

They're clubbed I know, it's from my 15 years dealing with crohns Disease

you get antibodys? got cohn too and culitis both. just got the jackpot for 25 years now

Yeah remicade humira and stelara have all be ineffective. Starting entyvio next

good look mate im in remission for 4 years now +1 year of humira and dont have to take anything since humira but i have the feeling its coming back.

Oh sorry to hear that sunny, that thing is hell on earth

congrats man. I'm not doing so well. the doctors say if entyvio doesnt work i'll have to get a full colon removal and stoma bag. im scared man

>tfw nano 3 never got rockbox

Attached: ediciuS_weiverp_327650488 .jpg (480x480, 143K)

ouch

that sucks. i dont know how it worked so well for me. nothing worked for 25 years ups and downs then came humira. took it one year and stopped taking it after that year. i felt great. have friend with a removed colon and that bag thingy, it sucks ass. man stay strong you will do it. i was at 45kg my whole colon was destroyed normaly id get an removal too but i didnt want to. i guess it was just luck. do what makes you happy is the besz thing i can recommend. i think that thoughts can help to some degree

thanks friend i will try to stay hopeful. i have a colonoscopy this friday to see if my insides are getting worse. i have a feeling the results will come back poor

5th gen Nano was awesome. Had a camera, could play videos, FM tuner with live pause. Was great for kids.
Apple should make an iphone like it for the budget conscious and/or kid market where it only calls a few pre-programmed numbers.

This.
I was a dumbass kid taking videos of things and my sister's fat friend's army pig welfare queen husband got triggered when I captured him on video for like two second and took it away from me.
thanks for reading my blog, subscribe on patreon for more

There is something very cute about tech for girls and manlets.

Attached: IMG_20190109_185053959_HDR.jpg (1836x3264, 906K)

That form factor's my favourite, slips right into a watch pocket

Attached: 2nd gen iPod Nano.jpg (1280x1024, 89K)

I've got an old 12 gig ipod nano. It's the little square one that doesn't have a camera or video playback capabilities. Is there any way to put music on it from linux? I copied some songs onto it but they aren't showing up

Lost my nano 3 a while ago. It hurts

Go back when you're at least 18 yo

Don't worry mate, in a few years time we'll all have biomechanical augmentations that'll make natural body parts obsolete anyway

t. that one guy left in the world who didnt loose the proprietary charge / sync cable

>small tech
One of the best choices for a phone these days, the XZ1c

Attached: 1.jpg (500x500, 90K)

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ipod

BTW, took me a week for me to figure out how to use gnupod, so basically some iPod models, the early ones don't need gnupod, you can just format it to fat and use it, others require the usage of gnupod.
But if your device supports rockbox then that's the best thing in the portable music player world.
rockbox.org/

The USB-3.5mm always impressed me for some reason. The worst though was if you had one of the shuffles without buttons which you could only use with the apple earphones that had the controller on them

alien fingers

I'm still having issues trying to move files to my android phone and I don't want to get too deep into loading songs onto the one apple device I own. I'll probably just get a sansa clip since the 6th gen nano isn't supported by rockbox

Well I can't say it was easy to figure out how to get songs on my iPod, that was the first gen ipod touch, I had to jailbreak it, get the serial number, use a web service to get some generated code thing, I had to edit iPod config to downgrade the database from version 4 to version 2 so it could work. And iPod has to be mounted via iFuse for gnupod to work.
Problem was an absurd lack of proper documentation, lots of trial and error was required to get music in that thing, desu if I do a factory reset to the iPod I don't think I remember exactly what I did to it and would be a pain to get it to work again.

So you like my phone?

Attached: DSC_0005.jpg (1920x1080, 594K)

yfw this is just an apple watch without the bands

SHh

>samefagging your fagPods
kys iToddler

>samefagging
>every hand is different

God damn, you have chubby fingers.

>4.6 inches
>compact

My current LG fuel phone is a 3.5 inch screen, I dread the day it dies because phones don't come in this size anymore.

I miss tech with singular purposes that did them well rather than sucking at everything.

>Just the screen and software arent amazing.
Is there any alternative firmware then?

Absolutely this

In a time period where modern hardware is constantly getting more powerful while also becoming physically smaller, you'd expect major tech companies to make more functional and compact devices. But no, thanks to first worlders tech companies have found it more profitable to create phones the size of books again, because people want to lug around giant hardware solely because of "muh big 4k touchscreen"

Pioneer XDP-30r is excellent if you can find it on sale

Attached: peter white playing accordion.jpg (960x960, 101K)

They even made watch bands for them, I had one. It wasn't great as a watch though, since it wasn't waterproof and you had to turn it on with your other hand to check the time.

huehue

The only Apple product I have liked has been my iPod Classic 160gig It's seven years old. This weekend it is getting a upgrade. No more spinning disc and more storage.

Attached: iPod Upgrade.jpg (3024x4032, 1.94M)

The other thing is Apple really does not want to put a pile of memory on your phone. They want to give incentive to streaming which they get a piece of. My Note 8 has 320Gig on it and I have most of my music on it. If I did not have the iPod doing most of my music I would gotten a LG V30 for it's DAC. I may still shop one later for a audio player but then I'm starting to carry too much junk again..

>not replacing the battery with a larger one for 100,000 hour long battery life

pleb detected.

>The other thing is Apple really does not want to put a pile of memory on your phone
Apple sells iPhones with 256GB and 512GB storage options

The only reason I'm cracking it open is the battery is starting to give out. I want to catch it before battery breakdown. The iFlash is supposed to give better battery life but since mine pretty much lives plugged in my car it's not a consideration.

Only because it became a selling point with the last two versions. They have a premium on high memory phones because it's integrated into the device. 1499$ for 512G. When I get around to it (need and want) I'll pay 40$ for that much memory on my phone.

That thing was fucking garbage. A complete downgrade from the 5th gen in favor for touchscreen meme. Was too small for the touchscreen to be viable and since they ditched the buttons and wheel it pretty much lost all its ease of use. Dropped it only once and the screen shattered.

I found my nano 3 in a box the other day and they have cracked the encryption for it.

The rockbox website says nobody has bothered to port it yet.

By one of these then. They cute

Attached: IMG_20181214_185935.jpg (4032x3024, 2.43M)

I'm not a weak skeleton like you. If you've ever dead lifted, you'd know your hands become stronger/thicker as well.

I've had my 120GB since 2008. It's gone through 2 HDDs and 3 batteries but it's going beautiful now

Attached: IMG_2468.jpg (2446x3169, 1.02M)

based

>my ishit has fallen apart and failed multiple times
>it's great though!
topkek

At least it's fixable

Besides being forced to use iTunes, iPod was fucking good stuff

Does that guy even still alive?

wat phone is this

even early version of itunes weren't that bad
now though, ha ha oh wow

nvm found it, nichephone

theyre practically tethered to your phone faggot
if you could use them standalone they would be nice
but you cant (well, you can, but verizon forces you to also have a normal plan with a normal phone, etc etc yada yada)

The only really small (4,2 inch) high end phone I know is the Samsung w2019, but they are expensive and Asia only.

Attached: dea94dc96646cb0fdeed326cf6a5ab0c.jpg (1079x625, 75K)

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (780x1040, 52K)

the folder 2 doesnt have 2 screens, and only a sd425 or something, but its recent and on 7.1

I miss the time when hardware manufacturers actually spent time creating well thought out devices that used the latest tech in miniaturized form to brag about their excellent technical know-how and skill.
Instead of the off-the-shelf hastily assembled parts we have now where a phone for example takes 6 months from an idea to being sold in stores. Impressive speed yes, but it stagnates technical innovation and only dripfeeds new features.

I fucking hate capitalism and fucking hate that the large companies have conditioned the general population to believe BIGGER = BETTER. Its a money saving exercise pure and simple.

small tech, you say?

Attached: IMG_20190109_152355_5.jpg (2160x3840, 1.88M)

Saddly those 1.8" hdd never took off, apple really did a good job

remember the "worlds smallest flip phone"?

Attached: pantechc300.gif.jpg (1456x819, 37K)

I had a pcmcia harddisk. It was pretty dope when USB drives werent mainstream.

I do actually, my mother had one, she loved it. She had an iPhone 5 recently and got a 10 for Christmas and commented how crazy large phones are now.

Look into helminthic therapy.
Worked for me. Totally symptom-free, clear colonoscopies and no meds for 6 years

Thanks man

it looks like shit though

It's okay to be a fatass, user.

Back when hardware wasn't designed for (((their))) AI to collect all your data.

so do you

tech is now smaller than ever, user

Attached: A37BA2C3-D742-4676-9253-B29D3F41FA71.jpg (4032x3024, 1.81M)

Why do people need MP3 players in 2019?

It worked with winamp too I recall

When you dont want to carry a huge phone just to listen music, for doing Jow Forums for example

No, it's not ok.

some nigger stole mine a few years back
that shit was comfy as fuck

It is to me, I don't have many fucks to give about strangers health.

>overpriced
>shit battery life
>steals biometric data for big corp
>makes you look like a faggot when you wear it in your wrist

hmm no, thanks.

They will use your taxes for paying their medical cost

There are headphones/earphones that can store music, alongside smart watches.
Can also just use an armband too unless you have some ridiculously huge phone like the Note series.

I'm paying those taxes either way, and it's not like I have much say in how they're used anyway. Also, my country does not have socialized healthcare.