AMD CES Discussion

So how would you rate it?

Attached: 1547058503188.png (672x286, 369K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3427-nvidia-rtx-2060-founders-edition-review-benchmark-vs-vega-56
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

0/10
Im not a content creator so I dont care about the gpu.

>J...JUST WAIT
SASUGA AMDRONES
>1080ti performance 2 years after the fact for the same prace
OH NO AMDRONES WHAT HAPPENED TO THE $250 RTX 2070 KILLER

>implying you can just add another chip without turning it into a housefire
(lol AMDrones

intel btfo, nvidia not btfo

so where the fuck is navi?

Only something fanboys would love/hate. Lukewarm.

Summary
>Vega 2 has equal performance to the rtx 2080, retails for $699
>12nm Ryzen APU refresh btfo intel mobile as usual
>1x 7nm epyc>2x xeon 8180
> ES 8c/16t zen 2 has same performance of a 9900k while using 30% less power

Pretty good, I guess they didn't disclose more Zen 2 details because it's still at a early stepping process. Don't really give a shit about the Radeon VII.

NVIDIACHADS WW@
WHAT HAPPENED OUT THERE AMDRONES

>ONE MORE THING
>8 core ryzen 3 beating 9900K at lower power consumption
>room for another chiplet
10/10 they fucking delivered

GPU is a disaster.
CPU depends on the core clock used in the demo and of course the pricing.

Shills were "leaking" 2080 performance for HALF THE PRICE, now the Zen 2 price chart is starting to become very suspicious.
I don't believe anymore that the CPUs will be as cheap as everyone thinks.

gpu: same price as 2080. I'm fine with nvidia's cards, they work well. no compelling reason to go with AMD - most games support nvidia more than amd.

cpu: looks nice but no actual announcement, so I can't make any opinions.

note, the problem with cpu upgrades is I've invested in intel chipset, so if I went AMD, the cost is actually new motherboard + cpu, so the new cpu would have to be a lot cheaper for it to be worthwhile.

It was ok.
Started out hype, but then it became a boring shillfest and stock market seemed to agree. Dropped like a rock when Phil came on stage.
I was also expecting them to be a bit further with Zen 2. Not necessarily expecting a launch, but at least give us some real specs.
It does seem like they have a lot of work to do with it.
Still good to know that they're launching during summer, rather than pushing the entire thing towards the end of this year.
I just wonder if they'll be releasing the whole lineup in one go or if the Threadrippers are going to come out closer to 2020.

Very confused about the Radeon VII
Why is it called Radeon if it's 7nm? What's its relationship with Navi?

At current clocks it at least 15% faster than zen+.

Radeon VII
Vega II
VII

4/10
GPU price still too high
No info on Ryzen 3

>Shills were "leaking" 2080 performance for HALF THE PRICE
That's NAVI you retard, which this isn't. And it's 1080 performance for $300.

It's 2080

>No info on Ryzen 3
Are you retarded?

This.

GPU price was calculate with
>no rtx cores
>cheap memory
in mind.

>Why is it called Radeon
AMD is to Radeon as nvidia is to GeForce

GPU is too expensive but the leaks seem to be right about Zen 2 which is all I really care about anyway. I'm saving my money for the 16c version and buying it as soon as it releases

Attached: DELID.png (1190x550, 395K)

Mild optimism.

R7 is at least equal performance to RTX 2080 at same price while requiring less power (6 pin vs 6+8) with double the memory.

Zen2: Partial confirmation of leaks in terms of cores, equal performance and lower power use of early sample Zen2 vs stock 9900k, more to come soonTM.

>GPU
Meh. AMD has a "high performance" card now. I'll go two more years on my 2070ti
>CUP
Prototype Chiplet beats 9900k with massively lower power consumption. Chip will still be on AM$ socket. I'm hyped for mid 2019 release.

Attached: 1389943057465.jpg (320x305, 47K)

Attached: nvidia-tattoo-09242010.jpg (600x603, 57K)

I should have bought a second hand 1080ti for 450 euros. Fuck me.

My bet is:
> Ryzen 7 still at 8c/16t max
> only Ryzen 9 will get up to 16c/32t

so yeah... no 6c/12t Ryzen 3 and all that bullshit, just the new Ryzen 9 to compete with the core i9.

>but the leaks seem to be right about Zen 2
In that the lineup with specs was announce at CES? Get a grip

info would mean max core counts, frequency, TDP, etc.

>while requiring less power (6 pin vs 6+8)
Vega II had 2x8 pins

If you have a functionally normal IQ then it was exactly what you could expect from a CES presentation. AMD as a company tried to highlight all areas they're invested in from thin notebooks to the datacenter. They teased some new 7nm CPUs and GPUs, and spoke about the future direction of the company.

If you mindlessly followed a literal NEET on Youtube who survives on patreon donations it was a total disaster.

The only thing that stands out to me as bad is the pricepoint of the Vega redesign. Though given the amount of HBM and the fact that its a huge die on the new 7nm node their yields are probably terrible. They might have fairly slim margins at $700 for the upcoming card. Maybe they'll have cut down versions launching in the same window at more reasonable price points. Over all that isn't too terrible, but we knew exactly what the general performance of 7nm Vega would be since the Next Horizon event. Its basically just Vega64 clocked up to 1800mhz. There is a discrepancy is transistor count, so some changes have been made at the arch level, but its unknown what. Still its not accounting for much given the performance figures they touted. Its nothing groundbreaking, but it isn't horrible.

Overall the presentation is pretty good. CES keynotes are usually a fucking mess. AMD actually had one of the most professional events of the whole conference.

Nvidiot will never get btfo until AMD get their shitty drivers and OGL support together

>Just Wait (TM)
And when is that shit coming out? 3 years late to the market?
Just get a used 1080 Ti now and it'll still BTFO anything AMD releases in the future at HALF THE PRICE, there's your Navi release TODAY.

I'd rate it 1488/10

Attached: 1547051816101.jpg (1021x503, 168K)

This

Attached: 1529290019618.jpg (949x1200, 167K)

an underclocked r5 beat a i9
id say intel is seriously seriously fucking fucked.

Attached: 1546429138429.jpg (985x1566, 220K)

He's right. We know practically nothing about it except what it looks like and some preliminary power draw and performance results.

0/10
>Phil Spencer
>GAYming
>Espurts
>diversity
>climate change
>a school no one gives a fuck about
>$699

>just get a used card for 500 dollars
fuck off idiot

Looks like AMD won't have an answer to RTX 2060 any time soon.

That wasn't the leak, Tim.

With that Cinebench score, is 5GHz boost pretty much confirmed?

this, sad we didnt get more info, but what was shown tells a lot already

>Just Wait 2020 to finally get 2017 performance
kys nigger

the rx590 is faster

>TECH
>CON

Attached: 1545961854856.jpg (674x674, 102K)

>just wait to get 2+ year old card performance
Sasuga AMDrones

which equals to like 2 bucks per year in power bill savings

big yike

Fucking when I can get these? I'm tired of waiting.

Intel BTFO

Attached: 1537158886226.png (1310x401, 232K)

I feel like NVIDIA's price hike just gave the go ahead for AMD to hike their prices too to match. Seriously fuck the gpu market I'd say I'm hoping for intel's discrete card to shake things up but I doubt intel of all companies is going to price their offering any more reasonably.

They don't need. As it was pointed out, it's not a mainstream card, it's too expensive. If they can make a card that has like 1070 performance, but on the similar price as polaris, then a lot of people will know what to buy. The majority of the gamers are not 1440p/144Hz retards.

I thought I told you to fuck off

go play with your used 2010 thinkpad
you buying 600 dollar gpus is a fanfic

Not true.

hell no, the 590 is basically a 1060ti

The 2060 is a 1070ti

PREPARE THE FUCKING CHILLERS

Attached: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.jpg (1166x910, 144K)

7nm costs more than 14
the memory they use costs a lot too

the sample is probably a likely a 3500/3600 depending on what leak you believe.

They know what they're doing.

Intel didn't update anyone with anything for their 10nm process.

Because of Intel not showing their aces, AMD decided just to coast.

Was hoping for an april release for Zen2. Hope Cyberpunk 2077 is scheduled for fall so I can upgrade in time.

No price. No date. No model number. Ambiguous benchmarks. Left more questions than answers.

>Why is it called Radeon if it's 7nm?

most brainlet thing ive read all day

Attached: 1422589309509.gif (217x217, 1.46M)

10/10 Intel BTFO

AMD did better than Intel but failed to show anything notable.

Vega 2 GPU was expected and the insane amount of memory on it is 'welcome' but it barely outperforms the 2080 that is the same price while most likely requiring a X570 board to use because 1TB/s memory bandwidthlol.
Lack of Zen 2 CPU was a shock given that was the main thing people were expecting. The GPU side of things was obviously going to be either a mobile or a flagship since the 590 is barely 2 months old at this point. Zen 2 would have made sense if they aimed to capitalise on Intel's 10nm fuck ups and push 7nm to further entrench their balls in Intel's throat. I'm imagining they had it planned if Intel released a 10nm chips are here thing but why fucking bother when you can milk some more Zen profits.

Either way, with the price they pushed the Radeon 7 at, I'm not expecting a good showing from Zen 2 in pricing. The prior "leaked" price list was perfectly balanced to ensure AMD dominance over this gen of market share but they seem to be pulling an Nvidia/Intel instead of just crushing the pink like they should. The $250 1080 beater was never going to happen but I at LEAST expected a $400 GDDR6 Vega 2 580 replacement to shit on the 2060 but they didn't bother for whatever reason. Guess AMD didn't want to capitalise on their recent growth and are happy Intel just got an Israeli grant for plant expansion.

It's not like theres a good reason to upgrade before we know cp77 launch date.

>you takes risks
>sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't

A FUCKING R5 COMPETING WITH 9900K AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Lmao I've been playing on my 1080 Ti for almost 2 years already.
I hope one day you'll experience this kind of performance with your AMD gpu :)

the design is important. they showed the package and it literally matches what Tim has speculated.

Them showing under the hood of Zen 2 is trolling Intel.

I haven't had a laptop for 6 years. AMD's new lineup is looking mighty comfy

Attached: 1356148433423.gif (320x340, 391K)

Its called the Vega 56 senpai

Its actually cheaper in britbong, has more memory and outperforms when tweaked

cool fanfics

fuck off and stop spamming the threads

explain for us brainlets

Attached: 1546658079282.jpg (369x393, 33K)

Which is as fast as a 1080Ti

I was hoping for a shoah. I guess that comes later.

No it fucking isn't. The 590 is a money hungry jew beast that's just an double overclocked 480. I feel sorry for the idiots who bought in on the 580, let alone the 590. That's why they pushed it with 3 AAA games because they knew it wasn't worth £250, let alone the £130 that came after the game prices.

Just tell me one thing. Why is the RTX cooler design so similar to the sapphire polaris cooler designs? What does it mean?

9/11
It was a disaster!

Very sensible response. I suspect you represent a lot of consumers.

how many times are you going to reply samefag

the rx690 and the vega cards are faster than the 2060

RTX 2060 is in the price and performance tier of old *70 cards. A Price dropped Vega56 solves that

Um user it uses more power.

next year, baby

The second chiplet didn't work out or they would have shown it.

vega56 is already at $350

Showing room for another chiplet. R5 8/16 beating Intel 9900K at lower power.

Yes it was, retard. That's what "TBA" and "CES" mean

Attached: 1547057753139.png (2782x1250, 1.69M)

>the rx690 and the vega cards are faster than the 2060
>rx 590
Not even close.
gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3427-nvidia-rtx-2060-founders-edition-review-benchmark-vs-vega-56

>B-b-but amd are teh good guys!!

>AMD draws higher power
>people complain
>Intel draws higher power
>minor savings

It's the package design that is the most important reveal. The package could literally contain two chiplets, meaning 16 cores.

It's the reason why the whole EPYC package has 64 Cores, 1 I/O, 4 chiplets.

while not having DLSS or ray tracing and using more power

Except you can actually run the AMD one without buying watercooling shit.

Anyone could tell you 16 core wasnt happening. 7nm is still more expensive PER TRANSISTOR than 14lp or 12lp

It’s 8 chiplets for Epyc. 8 cores per chiplet.

Basically mommy truly did double the core numbers. It was a poor R5 and it still fucked the 9900K

>He didn't watch the video

Try again

kek no. you're disillusioned that AMD can't possibly put another chiplet on their mainstream desktop package.