PYTHON GUI

What frameworks & technologies for building GUI's when working with python do you use?

I am seeing a lot of people who go with something browser based like Electron. However In my opinion these tend to have a massive memory overhead due to chromium.

Attached: opengraph-icon-200x200.png (200x200, 8K)

Tkinter

qt or tkinter
electron is joke

Ironpython + Windows Forms

What kind of stuff do you program? and what do you use it for?

Python is not a good language for GUI development. Use it in backend and use something else for frontend

I use tkinter when I want to make a quick working GUI

i would use qt quick and not python, pyqt is not pleasant to use

pyqt5

DONT USE PYTHON
BLOAT BLOAT BLOAT

i am primarily looking to make small apps that rely on external vendor services for displaying data.

They have very little logic and most of it is displaying.

Python is the chosen language because of office politics(No real tought in choice)

Can you please elaborate?

if its for work then who gives a shit about bloat. but python is an extremely slow language thats only advantage is its extensive library that lets you "code" in >10 lines. but what that means is that your 10 line program is actually 100,000 lines that are all interpreted instead of compiled.

if its for work then who gives a shit about bloat. but python is an extremely slow language thats only advantage is its extensive library that lets you "code" in >10 lines. but what that means is that your 10 line program is actually 100,000 lines that are all interpreted instead of compiled.

imagine being so stupid

Don't use Python for frontend. Preferably don't use Python at all if you care about performance

I'll never understand why people create GUIs using Tkinter, or stuff with commercial licenses like QT.

Just spend a few days learning basic HTML/CSS/JS. Boom. Now you've got the most user friendly, most cross platform interface in the world. Almost every networked device includes a web browser, and all of these devices will be able to run your script/program/app

Attached: web-apps.jpg (262x405, 31K)

>but python is an extremely slow language
Yeah, that's why Instagram, Pinterest etc all run their platform on Python (Django). It's sooooooo slow!

Attached: fake-news.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

>because everyone has the resources of instagram, pinterest, etc

If you do use tkinter there's several tkinter gui designers of varying quality if you search.

>thats only advantage is its extensive library
I would argue Python's main advantage, and it's primary purpose for creation, is readability. It allows you to write code that reads like the English language. This cuts down dramatically on programming time, and time is a lot more expensive that buying a little extra hardware to make up for speed difference.

I guess I'd agree to that for new programmers, but imo its unnecessary for most cs people since we're used to c-like syntax

Just use electron. Seriously OP, tkinter, Qt, etc. all look like absolute ass so don't even bother. Just use HTML/CSS/JS with Electron.

python is not a good language for backend development.
reserve python for little scripts and leave backend work to typed languages

this: but unironically.
Tkinter is great for simple GUIs. If you need more power, use Qt.

Your argument is very stupid. If Python is so inefficient, then surely pinterest, instagram, etc would want to save millions of dollars by switching to something more efficient.

Maybe these companies know something you don't and you should shut your Dunning-Kruger ass up.

I use tkinter, but don't like it too much

>reads like English
no that's what COBOL is for

oh fuck off
i've written an entire IDE in it
idiot

more idiots who haven't done anything, haven't achieved anything, commenting on things they know nothing about 'meme followers' fuck off, idiot. haven't the stamina

snide little nobodies who put people down, know all the "in words" but can't string two lines of code together