Not competitive on performance

>Not competitive on performance
>Not competitive on price
Explain

Attached: 5846695.png (720x405, 243K)

I can't.

SIR I BEG YOU YOU NEED TO SUPPORT COMPETITION DO THE NEEDFUL SIR

Attached: 1497642804319.png (802x799, 41K)

It's the best gpu around, you have to apologize nigger

It will be $499 by the end of the year, remember that.

Definitely needed to be >600, what a joke

>JUST WAIT AMDBROS

Attached: 1497642518713.png (653x726, 49K)

>16GiB VRAM

For some unknown reason...

when has AMD ever been competitive?

where is navi

7970, the only good product they ever shat out

4d chess, they gonna wait for nvidia to make a move, then rape them.

The GCN is the same garbage, so they gotta make something "new".

In the ps5. You thought they would let sony down and put fat pc gamers first lmao?

my understanding of this is its a low volume halo product.
16gb hbm2, 7nm vega20 and they stopped mass production when they saw results of navi and went full in on that instead.

this is going to be vega frontier edition 2
at least, if my understanding of how everything's going is correct.

Its yuge. It probably runs super hot.
I'd buy it over 2080 simply because the drivers are better and actually work on Linux and doesn't magically get "worse" somehow after updating the driver.
That and Freesync.

Attached: 1545558519447.png (558x420, 14K)

You are going to buy nvidia anyway.

>wait for nvidia to make a move
Against what?

How much is a 2080?

AMD products have never been good. No surprise here. Idiot buys red, smart people not so much.

Themselves I guess

dubles for room heater
prety good deal if you live up north

it is already more than 600$

so did amd finally make the nvidia killer or what?

more like AMD embarrassed themselves with how shitty that thing is.

>3 fan reference model
>2x8 power delivery
>7nm
>1080ti performance in cherry picked bechnmarks

Now imagine this burning housefires shit on 14nm.

Attached: 5.png (273x213, 51K)

They have, and they're still relevant in mid tier.
But they keep shitting the bed when it comes to high end. Vega was late, despite the teasing it couldn't even compete with top Pascal cards, and wasn't at a price point that would make up for it. This thing catches up to 1080ti two years late and at literally the same MSRP, which would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. It'll probably be more power hungry, too.

>nvidia continues to get away with it for another year
ahhhhhhhhh

nobody but poor eurohobos and refugees cares about AMD. Real man avoids red shit.

I know novideo retards call AMD competitive only when it offers twice the performance for half a price, but in my vocabulary competitive means similar price/performance ratio.

This reeks of a desperation move to stay "competitive" before the next chipset.

AMD is killing it in the CPU world, but god damn those GPUs are trash.

No nvidiot gimmicks?

Attached: o-NATHAN-FIELDER-570 (3).jpg (570x569, 64K)

>tfw got 1070 for $200
I'm set for at least 5 years

Raja's stinking, poo covered fingerprints will unfortunately linger on the next couple AMD GPU releases, their work goes a couple years in advance, you'll probably need to wait a couple more years for his filth to be washed off entirely.

Riddle me this:
Why on Earth would people switch to AMD if AMD offers same performance for the same price?

And then you AMDrones will whine AMD market share isn't increasing and blame "stupid people" when AMD just fails to be attractive enough for people to make the switch

for a 300w housefire to sell it needs to have an advantage over the competition

>not competitive on performance
>literally show as competitive in performance
>not competitive in price
>$100 lower msrp, with 16gb hbm
It's wasn't what I was hoping for pricewise as an amdrone, but it's also better than you're reverse shilling it to be

Its not the same performance, cause its burning up almost 30 percent more power.

AMD Doesnt care about global warming.

Nobody with a brain will give two cents to AMD. AMD has always been shit. No exception.

>Jensen spends the entire nvidia conference stuttering and tripling over his words like he has a sniper pointing at his head the entire time on behalf of the shareholders
>Forced to let go of g-sync monopoly and allow adaptive sync because their financial troubles are exacerbating some level of consumer benefit
>Finally might be learning to fuck off and be better for the consumer
>AMD ends up releasing a card that can't beat them on performance or price, at best it matches last generations best non-Titan GPU

For FUCK SAKE AMD, what are you doing, you had a chance to go for the throat.

>Trusting the price given by AyyMD
Remember Vega?

Usually between the same price or $30 more

If that's the case, then why is Zen 2 is worth to look for?

What reason is there to buy this with that power consumption, no DLSS or meme-tracing over a 1080ti or a 2080?

They could only match the 1080Ti (1080Ti, not 2080Ti) in their cherry picked benchmarks. That doesn't bode well.

Us is related to Nvidia’s cofounder; she will never try to run them out of business

No, what did AMD set the msrp at and how big of a difference are you imagining it was at release? I can just as easily claim that it will be less than msrp but we won't know until it launches.

remember the mining boom?

Worth to look for? zen 2 is good for nothing but to laugh at the dumb pajeet linuxrtard that bought it and can't even run solitaire on it.

So you can slap AMD logos into your PC and pretend you're so unique and different because you gave money to 1 megacorp over another megacorp

699 FOR 699W GPU WITH 1080TI PERFORMANCE

Attached: 6B24ED77AC3F4AC5B135767D2F5FF64F.jpg (500x594, 53K)

>60 CUs
>1800 MHz
>$699
What the fuck were they thinking

Precisely.
There's no reason for AyyMD to not be competitive on prices nowadays.

According to Big Leaks Jim, Navi needed a respin, so they're using a limited supply of 7nm Vega chips as filler until Navi is ready. In other words, RTG is still in shambles.

How many times does he have to be wrong before you stop sucking his dick mate

3 fans
/thread

But It's not similar price/performance

>no raytracing
>no dlss
>more power consumption
>same price

The only thing it has going for it is the 16gb hbm2 meme which isn't really relevant for gaymers.

It beats the RTX 2080 in performance and has 16GB HBM. It is competitive.

Attached: hurr.jpg (403x395, 19K)

>no raytracing
>no dlss
>more power consumption
>same price
kek
>16GB HBM
when will this be relevant?

>>Not competitive on performance
>>Not competitive on price
>Explain

It's large 300mm+ 7nm with low yield just like Vega 20 in the MI50 and MI60.

It's literally an MI50 with more ROPs and faster clocks.

I'm honestly shocked AMD is able to sell it for such a low price and still make money. The yields are likely complete garbage.

>no raytracing
>no dlss
Literally who the fuck cares? "Ray tracing" isn't even viable on the 2080 Ti, let alone the standard 2080, and DLSS just makes everything a blurry mess. Nvidiots are literally saying that worse picture quality is a feature now. Hilarious.
>more power consumption
Really, do you have hard numbers on this then? Because any card would struggle to draw more power than Nvidia's current housefires, including 14nm Vega, yet 7nm Vega is going to? Where's your evidence?

>It beats the RTX 2080 in performance
in 3 games, lets see how it fairs against a larger selection of games.

Further, it's still basically the same price as a 2080.

I can get an RTX 2080 off newegg TODAY for like $670-690.

$699 MSRP isn't exactly great.

When will Abdul al-Scotlandi post an update video where he tries to lie his way out of his bullshit clickbait leak video?

>literally says 25% more performance at the same power
>MUH NVIDIA HOUSEFIRES
Cope.
The point is they're priced similarly with matching performance while another has more bells and whistles.

Attached: DwfldA8WoAE3mH0.jpg (1200x675, 50K)

Maybe over a 1070

he's too busy damage controlling on twatter

>Literally who the fuck cares?
IDK if DLSS will get gud butIDGAF about gaytracing and I'd rather nvidia leave that shit out of their cards and sell their cards for cheaper but it should tell you something that nvidia is able to put all that shit in their cards and still get similar real world performance at the same price and they aren't even on 7nm yet.

>new node
>1080ti/2080 level performance
>300w
>$699
dead on arrival
bravo AMD, thanks for coming out with performance on par with a 2+ year old card

>no raytracing
this is a feature desu raytracing is a retarded meme that wont be relevant for the next 3 years

>raytracing is a retarded meme
>nvidia has single handedly destroyed the reputation of a technology in a year
holy mother of based

>16GB HBM
they are clearly marketing this more towards content creators, with the 1 TB/sec memory bandwidth
it will be competitive in that market at least

Look at this dude

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 37K)

Most of her speech was about content creation when she showed the card.

Anyone got the webm of the jap bitch wearing the GPU suit and dancing?

no shit I actually watched it before posting unlike most of the people on this board

>Bought 1080ti 2 years ago for $700
>RTX 2080 and Vega VII have the same performance and cost $700 2 years later

>Content creators
>Blender

Always a good laugh m8, there's a reason there is 1 single VFX house on Earth that uses Blender and their CG is this bad.

CYCLE IS THE FUTURE! lmao

Attached: 5.jpg (1200x675, 257K)

>Adobe Premiere 30% more performance
epic shitposts sir where can I unsubscribe?

Vega 2.0 and 1080 Ti don't have DXR, DLSS, VRS, improved NVENC

how "improved" is NVENC because NVENC on a 10 series card always comes out like hot shit
if it's just a performance increase that is completely worthless

Why do you lie? What do you gain? Both AMD and Nvidias recording softwares look near lossless with a proper bitrate (see: not twitch.tv shit)

im talking about hw accelerated encoding using HEVC_NVENC, always looks like hot shit no matter what settings you use
im not talking about some gay-ass shadowplay shit

Wait so you think that the game recording is somehow not NVENC accelerated encoding?

>Hot shit
I don't remember NVENC looking like hot shit.
Quality and performance has significantly improved on Turing, only performance (still significantly) on Pascal

>im talking about hw accelerated encoding using HEVC_NVENC
>im not talking about some gay-ass shadowplay shit

>hw accelerated encoding using HEVC_NVENC
>not talking shadowplay

Oh you're retarded why do I even bother

>games are the only thing that matters
it's different when it's encoding straight from the framebuffer but when transcoding from H264 to X265 it always produces horrible artifacts and blocks even with deblock on

>Jap

She's Taiwanese

Attached: RTX On.webm (640x800, 416K)

You're a champion, thanks user

Nigger what the fuck do you think Shadowplay is doing?

encoding straight from the framebuffer

user are you for fucking real right now? How do you think it's encoding

yea...with the hardware encoding block

see

Attached: 1539350757013.jpg (1632x1224, 463K)

Nvidia raytracing is irrelevant as it's restricted to w10 and dx12. The AMD card will appeal to some, 16gb vram and improved openCL performance is very nice for 3d rendering, while AMD also has working linux drivers. It won't appeal to people who do nothing put play games on windows 10.

The 7970 was shit and they had to refresh it with an overclock aka 1ghz edition because the 689 was pushing its shit in. GCN was the start of a nightmare.

Unironically when Raja was in charge with his old ATI team and they weren't integrated into AMD yet. HD4850 BTFO nvidia then Evergreen came and pushed Nvidia's shit in even with refreshes and price drops launched to counter it. When Raja and ATI were designing cards they had 40% marketsharre then AMD gutted the Canadian team and grew ATI's Chinese B team while also selling off the Adreno IP and engineers. And then they got rid of Raja and made GCN, which was a mistake. Then they brought Raja back and instead of having him make a new uarch they had him work on GarbageCN

what a dumpster fire

It's a Vega frontier replacement. Aka "prosumer" card, not gaming. they weren't even subtle about the "content creator" marketing.

kek

>Raytracing is irrelevant because it's restricted to the OS everyone uses and it's not on my sub-1% shitty Linux distro!

lmao every time

>16gb vram and improved openCL performance is very nice for 3d rendering

>GPU rendering for production purposes

Hello clueless retard, let me wake you up to a sad reality. Despite your Lintard delusions Blender is a fucking joke in the industry. There is precisely one active VFX house outside of India that uses it for final frame output (As expected of Cycles, their results look like ass. Their primary claim to fame is Man in the High Castle the Amazon Prime series). Blender does see more life as a pipeline tool for asset creation, but that is irrelevant to the OpenCL rendering aspect of the discussion. GPU rendering is not used by nearly all Hollywood production, CPU still dominates (Arnold has grown massively in recent years, while Renderman still powers almost every Oscar winner for VFX) but for the subject of GPU here is a really harsh wake up. Of the 4 primary, production capable GPU rendering solutions (Octane, Lux, Redshift, VRayRT) Only 1 GPU based rendering solution has ever been used for wide release Hollywood films, and that is Redshift. Which is a CUDA based renderer.

Oh and for some salt on the wound, that growing CPU renderer Arnold is adding support for RTX assisted ray tracing, nothing for OpenCL.

>spacing
>its a shitpost
lmao everytime