Is it time to ditch google?

Is it time to ditch google?

Personally I've switched to duckduck go and not looking back.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-10 00-19-14.png (864x578, 31K)

Even in its mottled current form Google still manages to produce better search results than DDG or competitors. I don't expect this to last forever but I find myself switching back to Google when DDG fails to find what I'm looking for.

i think google did all the shitty thiungs to users and thet are ireverseable angry.

>Using Google search trends to measure popularity of Google
Only idiots and people who don't understand what they're doing search "Google" on Google, user

What's the point of switching from one botnet to another?

Startpage is your best bet.

Qwant is the best ive used so far

which is a stable % of the population, so the frequency at which idiots google it will be roughly proportionate to the overall popularity of it.
Google trends has always been pretty great as a proxy for the popularity of different services, even if it's only idiots who search them on google

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-10 00-28-46.png (868x571, 34K)

Qwant is a:
1. Governmental botnet.
2. A French governmental botnet.

DDG is a fingerprinting honeypot

Make Blockbuster vs Netflix

the question shouldn't be , "are google results better than the competition?" it's "is the competitions results good enough?"

Searx or die faggots

short blockbuster

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-10 00-41-45.png (865x559, 34K)

looks ugly desu

The Facebook one is probably because most just have the app (comes preinstalled on phones).

thats how facebook justifies it, yet the app was out before the decline. Truth is people are using facebook less and its on the verge of death, only old people use it now. They did a great move buying instagram though, and also copying snapchat stories into instagram

Startpage pays google to use their search engine, yeah its fine privacy wise but you're still funding Google

I just learned about it a few weeks ago after some user posted about it. I've been using it ever since and love it.

searching online is gay as shit lmfao

>ddg

congratulations you are using a botnet literally worse than Google itself. And no if you can't figure out yourself why ddg is botnet you should just stay with Google since privacy is your least worry

thats why everyone should use adnausean on their browsers.

Literally best Combo with startpahe

Google search of deprecated. Unfortunately google maps is still the only map that has decent search.

DDG isn't censored (or as censored) as Google results for certain searches. Even legal things like "loli hentai" don't bring up much of anything on Google anymore. Just an example but Google is free to control what their results show to promote their own agenda.

gee op I don't know
maybe?

Attached: iu[1].jpg (474x355, 23K)

/thread, assuming that OP is a geniune question and not the daily ddg shill thread operated by DDG itself

the fact that i have to use firefox on my google phone to block google ads

they are killing themselves

This.

how the hell do they get fingerprints? Don't me, your phone? Having your finger print as a unlocking method allows cops to search your phone without a warrant

Why would people google "Google"?

Not quite. It WAS time to ditch jewgle quite a few years back now though

I find google results are shit because they intentionally hide too much stuff these days

Interesting bait, here's your (you)

Some old person has to Google something and they go into their chrome address bar and type in google.

look up reddit and tumblr
hmmm

This. Run a local instance and you're golden. Also it unironically produces better results than Google.

Attached: y9.jpg (960x1200, 525K)

use searx.neocities.org for maxiumum autism

You should ditch ddg as well.

Use searx nigger

Not really
Google results literally hide everything I'm trying to find

How does ddg make money? If you can't answer this then you shouldn't be using it.

And don't forget how they manipulate the order of certain search results knowing full well that most people are likely to only click on the first 3 results

To download Google
Or to see information about the company
Or to access one of the Google applications that are not the search engine

>hurrfffptfff DDG is a botnet (i use Arch btw xD)
Why is it that everyone keeps saying that DDG is a botnet yet never manages to give any convincing explanation as for why?

Great to see, and kind of confirm, that blockbuster was never popular.

> makes claim ddg is botnet
> provides no evidence
> diversion tactics
We're going to need to see something that confirms it, you lying moron.