twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>freesync just doesn't work
>recently made their cards work with freesync monitors trough a driver update
really makes you think doesn't it?

lisa must have beat him in starcraft last night
it reminded him of how his dad used to beat him

you can't be sure if you're a bad boy when daddy beats you
but when mommy beats you, you know it

Unironically based. Put amdrones where they belong.

Jensen is fucking pissed Su wore that leather jacket.

>intel gets beaten by a woman
Nothing can top this.

It sure would be nice to have competition in the gpu market again. Prices are stupid high and AMD or our only hope

Someone is nervous.

As much as AMD had the strongest chance to fix the fucktarded GPU prices, they fucked it up putting Vegarooni 7 at $700

Cool. So when do I get good Linux drivers from Nvidia? Open source ones, I mean.

Pooga 7nm would look good only at $550 and lower. At this price 2080 is no brainer with shit like mesh shaders and variable shading.

To be fair they have apparently tested hundreds of freesync monitors and only wholly approved 12 of them. And according to LTT and Gamersnexus the rest of the freesync monitors can have various and odd issues. Kind of tells me freesync is spotty and ununified at the very least.

I hope the industry puts their shit together and agrees on a single standardized fucking adaptive sync.

this why he is mad

Attached: RVII beats RTX2080.jpg (1465x721, 37K)

We'll see how it performs in real world.

Wait until it'll be undervolted and overclocked. Vega56 nearly matched 1080 after the tweaks.

Kek. Or maybe everybody will just buy the card that just werks.

>Kind of tells me freesync is spotty and ununified at the very least
Yes, I'm sure Nvidia's tests were 100% impartial and unbiased.

To be honest, even if I was rich and money wasn't an issue, I would still go with AMD.

They may indeed lag a bit behind, but at least they are honest. If you buy a 4GB video card from them, you can be sure is 4GB.

Can't say the same about Intel.

How it is possible that a company that run 90% of the market singlehandedly is fucking up so many times in such short time period?

In the end, its a matter of trust, not performance.

So what you're saying is AMD's gpus are more robust and adaptable? Since they dont seem to have problems with any freesync monitors.

Don’t care. Still going AMD for superior Linux support.

Yes people who dont tweak are dropping 700 on a video card.

Are you high or retarded?

>AMD only able to cherrypick three games where the Radeon 7 beats 2080
>two of them is only a 1 fps margin
>third game is some literal who indie game

>2080
>not the 2080 Ti
>can't even RTX ON

Is the 2080 Ti reliable yet? I want to get one.

That plus they support FOSS drivers which proves they have nothing to hide.

Those cards are meant to go after the quadros with a bit of "eh, you can game on it too".
But a bit underwhelming.

Wrong. The AMD drivers are not FLOSS (Free Libre Open Source Software). They are partially free as in freedom and open source since they require binary blobs (firmware) provided by AMD to work.

I think we're starting to see a rather dramatic shift in the gaming landscape. As much as /v/ and everyone else tries to fight it, high end gaming rigs are starting to die out, or at least that's the perception. I think AMD is shifting to workstation type hardware rather than try and keep up with Intel/Nvidia in the gaming department. It's also why they're heavily supporting Linux as well. It's all about playing to their strengths.

I was under the impression that the amdgpu driver was open source. Are you thinking of the amdgpu-pro version?
Either way, still better than the nvidia "solution."

Jensen is Lisa's uncle... either way we lose

I have years of experience with both, and both are working fine for my needs, so trust is never an issue after all. Now my choice will always come down to performance, in which AMD almost never do better at.

The amdgpu driver is open source but it requires firmware from AMD to work. The Gentoo wiki even shows how to include the firmware directly into the kernel in case you don't want to enable module loading.
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/AMDGPU#Incorporating_firmware

“The performance is lousy and there’s nothing new,” Huang said. “[There’s] no ray tracing, no AI. It’s 7nm with HBM memory that barely keeps up with a 2080. And if we turn on DLSS we’ll crush it. And if we turn on ray tracing we’ll crush it.”

What Jen-Hsun says is true, once DLSS is turned on, RTX 2080 gains over 20FPS, crushing AYYMD HOUSEFIRES 375W 2 8pin garbage in performance and power efficiency and with real time raytracing looks even better in image quality

But keep on being mad though at being DABBED on by BASED Jen-Hsun

>firmware
We're talking about a binary that exists and runs exclusively on the GPU then?

If they turn on Ray Tracing, they drop to 40FPS, not exactly crushing anything.

Yeah, they use something called AtomBIOS, which is an abstraction layer / interpreter used by AMD in their graphics processors for simplifying driver programming for whatever things they aren't putting into their OS driver code.

There is no way to know what it does or does not do exactly because it's non-free. The way to go for FLOSS graphics is still Intel and Nouveau.

As long as it stays clear of the network stack I fail to see what the big deal is.