Let's do this

>Let's do this

Attached: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (3024x2885, 1.16M)

Are you cooking?

do it faggot

Good luck user. Low and slow

proceed

Attached: ok.jpg (420x420, 50K)

The entire world could scream "IT ONLY REPAIRS YOUR CARD TEMPORARILY AND IT'S NOT WORTH IT" nonstop for decades and you fucking imbeciles would not get it. The absolute state of this board.

Yup
Delivery for user

Attached: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (3024x3111, 812K)

what is the thing being done in this thread and op's home?

fucking ur mom nonstop

Will the solder on the backside of the card not get attached to the tinfoil balls?

better be a minute man, only a minute of oxygen in the coffin

Toasting early in legendary thread.

you should've cleaned off the thermal paste first, otherwise it will bake-in and become harder to remove. also be sure to thoroughly clean your oven afterwards otherwise you'll poison yourself. be sure to open some windows and get proper ventilation otherwise your house will smell like burnt plastic for days

Attached: retarded Wojak gas cigarette.png (1073x535, 86K)

Got it sitting up on tinfoil posts, stuck in the screw thread holes

Smells like death in here.
GPU death.

Op's baking a dead or really glitchy card in an attempt to lightly melt the solder and correct any bad connections, and or remove any moisture from the components or board itself.

Card was probably already dead and worthless so op is out nothing attempting to save it.

Attached: 1498089708619.jpg (960x960, 69K)

Not gonna work. Just because you saw it on LinusShillTips doesn't mean it will magically fix your card.

it's a reliable fix if done correctly. i fixed half a dozen 360's and some graphics cards this way, all but 1 lasted for years

I work at a crypto mine and have a box full of burned out graphics cards. Where should I go for resources on how to try this?

Cakes done lads. Standby

Attached: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (3024x3371, 864K)

why not try the 5 layers of cloth surroundd by dusted off dry rice for moisture part?

also if you want to bake a card I'd just use a cheap heat gun and thermostat inside a pot with the card dangling inside gpu side up..... better control than the heat stack effect from flame-hot waves of air flowing around the card unevenly

needs a 8-10 gallon drum/pot to work though with thermostat dangling right above the card, which sits on the underside of a glass lid which always has a screw where the lids handle is screwed into...

good luck op

Expect disappointment.

You don't even know what the issue is to begin with for this card. If memory then you are fucked. Baking the card won't do jack shit. You will need to replace the chip. If core popped you can throw away the card.

Can't hurt. As it is, I have a $450 paperweight

My guess is that it's the interposer. And on HBM there's no way to fix that. So enjoy having an expensive coaster my friend.

For Science!

But yeah. Even buildzoid killed his Fury. No way back.

Have you considered that maybe it was an expensive coaster already?

I know it was dead already. Baking it is pretty pointless.

Cleaning of the interposer is risky and not worthwhile.

It'll work for maybe a week or two until it dies again. Waste of time.

i havent seen this been done in over 10 years. what nostalgia.

What are you doing? Why OP is cooking this piece of hardware?

>not saturating the area under the device with liquid solder flux first
Never
Going
To
Make
It

Enjoy stinking up your house and contaminating your mom's oven for no good reason, fool.

op posted this two hours ago it must not have worked. everyone go home.

why don't you duck it?

He's too busy playing that thing at 200% overclock, that bastard!

I did this with the gpu in an old laptop

started working again but reflowing is never a solution it died in a few weeks again

>thinking that you can melt lead free solder in an unmodified home oven
the current state of Jow Forums

You can only pray that it's a solder join that has cracked and that the baking will fix it, for the other issues you can't do shit either way and it's not like you'd find the issue in the first place. I fixed my GTX 570 like this back in the day and it's lasted me another 2 years.

How were the toxic fumes for your video games?

smoking a cigarette covered in gas is actually relatively safe, its not the liquid gas that ignites its the concentrated fumes, as long as wojak is in a well ventilated area he'd be okay

You are trying to get Luis Rossman to make a video on you aint you OP?

Then explain how I managed to make the chip drop putting my gpu upside down on the oven? Lead free melts at 200-220°C, most ovens can easily go up to 250°C.

I met a girl named Samantha back in highschool and she had HUGE tits. We were partners for a lot of English assignments and I always found myself looking at her gigantic knockers. She was so hot. Unfortunately, she was really creeped out by me and I never got the chance to caress her sturdy bust.

I wonder if I could do this with my BLOD PS4. Tons of guides about resoldering the APU. If it fixed it long enough just for me to pull the data off my HDD I'd be happy.

Most solder dont just melt but get more liquid over a wide range of temperature.
You dont 100% melt it but have it in a molten glass like state for a long period of time

The interposer is coated, even on the non-molded versions.
Literally used a hard brush toothbrush a dozen times, also got liquid metal stuck between it while it was running. Never had a single problem.

It's a plausible temporary fix, if it's the chip itself, it won't change anything anyways, so OP might as well had tried.
Faggots who give up without trying are the ones who should be discriminated, not OP.

It's already broken, what have he got to lose?

this is why there are no girls (female) on Jow Forums

I have thrown petrol on a fire outdoors before.

Why would we want females here, this is a place for discussing technology.

Op here.
Had a bit of an emergency call from a friend, so I had to leave.

But seems to have worked, at least partially. Still getting some artefacting, but at least it's running. Gonna disassemble and re-bake. Results to follow

>rebake
There are at least 3 classes of thermally-sensitive components on a video card you will destroy

I did this back in the day with my PS3 and a hairdryer. It did fix it and was running for an hour or two then it gave up again.

if you plan to cook anything comestible in that hooven anymore i have bad news for you user

Attached: Document.jpg (230x219, 9K)

butthurt because it didn't work for them. it can really squeeze out another year in a card if the right things were broken.
just werked for me. the other option is just to toss it into the trash, isn't it?
better luck with your card next time!

user you could have just used a heat gun... that's what I did when my old 560 ti failed on me 8 years ago. I had a huge discussion about this with some folk on another forum. You're gonna end up with chemicals in your oven.

>amd
nothing of value was lost

Nobody should be falling for the old JUST BAKE YOUR GPU BRO meme of 2009. If you really can't afford a new card then buy or borrow a heat gun. Disassemble your card, remove the thermal paste, warm the entire gpu with the heatgun for 2 minutes and then concentrate the nozzle 1.5 inches above the cheap itself for 60 seconds. Let it cool for a few hours then repaste, reassemble, and try it out. I did this several times with my 560 ti when I was a poor fag because it would only last 6 months before artifacting followed by gpu failure.

well it repaired my old motherboard and it has lasted for more than 10 years now,
in the other hand my old gpu lasted a few hours after this
just don't this in your kitchen oven

>another falls for the oven meme
we got him boys

Proof or never happened.

what a waste of time, and going by the entire thread, it was.
re-ball the chip and do it properly. once it's re-balled it'll work for years. putting things in a kitchen oven is retardation that's on another level.

I already bought another PS4 anyways just to play Spyro. I hate soldering too much. Doubt anyone would buy a BLOD on eBay with no guarantee that reballing would actually work even if they wanted to take the time to try.

I baked my card once and it worked over 1y +, so i can call it success. The minus of all this was the smell after that is toxic. But I think my fans and build in ventilation took everything bad from the oven

> I hate soldering too much.
understandable.
> Doubt anyone would buy a BLOD on eBay
they would. people are always looking for spare parts.

> I baked my card once and it worked over 1y
yeah, i'd call that win too.

Noone uses leaded solder anymore.
Everything uses lead-free which is why it cracks.

>slowly poisoning your family just to try to fix your GPU
Should have just rma'd it my man.

ripperoni OP

pic related works much better

Attached: file.png (1000x1000, 461K)

What are the results? Don't keep us waiting