Oh snap. Not known for mincing words...

>Oh snap. Not known for mincing words, Nvidia’s outspoken CEO Jensen Huang described AMD’s return to high-end PC gaming graphics as “underwhelming.”

“It’s underwhelming,” Huang said when asked by PCWorld what he thought of AMD’s new Radeon VII,which features 16GB of HBM2 memory, 1TB of bandwidth, 60 graphics cores and is built on a new 7nm process.

Why ‘underwhelming’?

“The performance is lousy and there’s nothing new,” Huang said. “[There’s] no ray tracing, no AI. It’s 7nm with HBM memory that barely keeps up with a 2080. And if we turn on DLSS we’ll crush it. And if we turn on ray tracing we’ll crush it.”

Of course, this is all conjecture, as there’s no way Huang could know how the Radeon VII actually performs since it’s not available yet.

Indeed, Huang went on to boast that the GeForce GTX 2080 is sold by every add-in card vendor while the Radeon VII is an unknown.

“It’s a weird launch, maybe they thought of it this morning,” Huang quipped before laughing halfheartedly at his own dig and mentioning how he likes to riff on the competition sometimes. Still, it’s clear what Huang thinks as he again reiterated: “It’s underwhelming.”

[When asked to comment on Huang’s critique of the card, AMD CEO Lisa Su responded:“What I would say is that we’re very excited about Radeon VII, and I would probably suggest that he hasn’t seen it yet.” ]

“We never competed,” Huang said of upcoming FreeSync support. “(FreeSync) was never proven to work. As you know, we invented the area of adaptive sync. The truth is most of the FreeSync monitors do not work. They do not even work with AMD’s graphics cards.”

“Intel’s graphics team is basically AMD, right?” Huang asked.

What a fucking Chad

Attached: underwhelming-100784946-large.jpg (700x394, 30K)

Based Huang man, AMD a shit

>If we turn on DLSS
DLSS on
Textures off

>“We never competed,” Huang said of upcoming FreeSync support. “(FreeSync) was never proven to work. As you know, we invented the area of adaptive sync. The truth is most of the FreeSync monitors do not work. They do not even work with AMD’s graphics cards.”

bruh, on AMD cards with FreeSync monitors for years and is just now making its way to the mainline linux kernel the proper way. This dude is lying.

>[There’s] no ray tracing
AMD BTFO - will never meme become

he's fucking brutal. he's twisting the knife in that amd wasn't able to get 7nm navi out but this behavior shows that he was scared for a moment.

He's the CEO of their competition ffs. Did you think he'd say they're fantastic products and buy them not ours. Jesus this board...

>no ray tracing, no AI
It's too early for those features anyway.

>no ray tracing
Radeon Rays was a thing for years.

HOW WILL AMD EVER RECOVER

Huang is pissed off he actually got scared into releasing proper AdaptiveSync support by this blunder.

>There’s no ray tracing, no AI
Guess I'm buying an AMD card

Even 486 can do raytracing. That doesn't mean it can do it fast enough for real time usage. ALso nvidia had lighting baking acceleration long before radeon rays.

>“It’s a weird launch, maybe they thought of it this morning,”
Didn't everyone think that during the RTX launch?

Lmao as if rtx is worth 2x price increase from pascal-fermi
Fuck off nvidia
I'd take a Vega 2 2080/titan xp oc tier card over a 2080ti any day not only is it cheaper but almost as fast.
Dxr isn't even in games yet outside of literal tech demo's and (ai) based aa in games is a smudgy mess Dlss is a joke

>DLSS
Lmao who uses this shit? It's worse than FXAA.

flicker ss

>no ray tracing, no AI
No hypes and no marketing scam.

>And if we render at lower resolution and scale the image we’ll crush it (please ignore the flickering)

Attached: 1541716439862.jpg (593x663, 80K)

>“Intel’s graphics team is basically AMD, right?” Huang asked.
>says an ex-AMD engineer.

what a fucking hypocrite

I like what AMD's been doing, but holy shit, he fucking rekt the entire RTG team.

Pretty much said everything I've been wanting to tell them but in nicer words. The Radeon whatever is underwhelming as shit. If it came in at a $299 price point I would've been cautiously interested, but $699 lmao forget it.

This goes for nvidia too though. I'm not paying as much for my GPU as I pay for the entire rest of the computer combined. Frankly, I don't even need to, either. I'm still on a GTX660 and it's keeping me playing games even today. My next card will probably be a secondhand RX580 if I can score it under $200 CAD - and that 580 will probably last me another 6 years if this shitshow of an industry for the past decade is any clue.

>enables raytracing
>oy vey, even 60 fps doesn't matter anymore. What do you need 144 fps for?
>disables rtx jigarays with patches
>oy vey, see that fps boost? Don't you just love rtx?
>16gb? What do you need 14 gb for? 8gb is more than enough. Here, buy this 3.5gb
>actual texture rendering literally doesn't matter. Aliasing gimmicks are the only thing that matters!
>It's ai an deeplearnin an sheit! Don't you love ai goy? It just werks! Stop comparing picture quality and hardware usage. What are you? A nazi?
The absolute state of nvidia. Schreeching about the same shit that their 14 year old fangays were posting in goytube comment sections. Why are they so afraid?

>if we turn on ray tracing we’ll crush it

Attached: 1506376168789.jpg (500x439, 41K)

It’s all a big snake oil pitch. $200 is a lot of money for one thing, especially when it’ll eventually obsolesce. When you put $200 next to $700, suddenly $200 feels like a great deal. But what would you expect from CEOs who make everything with slave labor?

>muh real time jigarays
Rtx cards are also unable to do that you faggot. It wasn't enough that they pushed out the rtx meme with laughably less ray-tracing that they made it out to be. But then they went ahead and patched out your jigarays from certain surfaces. Still faggots can't shut up about their (((reflections))).

I wonder what Jensen felt like when he woke up to Mama Su cumming in his butt

This, what the fuck did he even mean by this?

Attached: 1521655033597.jpg (640x186, 23K)

Just not having the dreaded error code 43 will make AMD much better.
Really regret my choice buying an 1070...

Attached: 1483993740567.png (782x720, 323K)

>$700 300W 7nm housefires 1080ti performance in 2019
cope drone

$700 is too much. $500 would have made more sense. Especially since a ton of people arent buying the ray trace hype

>800 bucks literal explosives that perform worse than 1080tis in [current year]
Clinically retarded nvidia fangay

Tell nvidia to release a 16gb card that performs better than the 2080 @ $500. Then ask amd to lower this to $400.

Fuck them

You know this is just for show, like politics right? In reality he's Lisa Su's uncle and their family control the entire GPU industry. Look it up.

AMD shills BTFO

2080 is $700 at 225W on higher node
>abosolutely analdevastated amdrone

seething pajeet

COPE
O
P
E

> And if we turn on ray tracing
The performance will halve.
NV tries to impose a stack of tech necessary to compete to its competitors, AMD doesn't budge.

Somebody call 911!
Fermi fire burning on the dance floor, whoa
(Fermi burning, Fermi burning)
What a blaze!
Jen-Hsun Huang, let's go, hey!

Fermi got that CUDA thing
Hotter than the sun in the south in Spain
Burned me soon as I walked through the door

My ricer case started melting
The way Fermi drop it low, that thang
Got me wan' spend my money on it, it

Fermi get it, pop it, lock it, drop it, that frame rate
Got a extinguisher, need to blow that crazy flame away
Now take my green 'n' black card and my house
Fermi is HOT like the fire, HOT like fire

Somebody call 911!
I gotta cool it down
Fermi wan' bring the roof to ground
On the dance floor, whoa

Fermi's fire burning, fire burning on the dance floor
That little Fermi's fire burning on the dance floor
(Fire burning, fire burning)

That design is a masterpiece
The order is one in every hundred years
But ain't no doubt I'm taking it home, home

Little mama game is about to change
She'll be on covers over the world

Fermi get it, pop it, lock it, drop it, that frame rate
Got a extinguisher, need to blow that crazy flame away
Now take my green 'n' black card and my house
Fermi is HOT like the fire, HOT like fire

Somebody call 911!
I gotta cool it down
Fermi wan' bring the roof to ground
On the dance floor, whoa

Attached: B0kGBMKCUAEVtrQ.jpg (480x360, 32K)

>amdrone is so buttblasted that he has to resort to 9yo memes
pathetic display

classic

I'll deck myself in a full AMD machine plus notebook later this year, just to spite Intel and Nvidia which have been total cunts for the last decade.

cringe

yikesboyardee

it's already working

Based Nvidia giving use the real improvements
Can't wait for BTX 3080 with cloud AI raytracing with blockchain using blast processing