1070 to 2060?

Any other 1070 owners planning or thinking about upgrading to a 2060?

Attached: DSCN5074.jpg (696x327, 50K)

completely pointless

hahaha you fucking retard holy shit lmao

I thought about it, not even remotely close to worth it unless you sell the 1070 and get enough to only have to pay 50-100 bucks for that 2060, which isn't gonna happen unless the guy buying your 1070 is a fucking retard.

Attached: XQDr6AI.jpg (1125x833, 147K)

I thought about it too, and the advantages I see are
1)being able to play around with raytracing
2) the dlss is interesting (but will only be used with titles where the trained neural network inserts contextually valid textures)
3)nvidia mentioned the ability to stream from the card vaguely

other than that they are about equal. I will probably keep my 1070 and just make another build with a 2060

nice try nvidia marketer.

>paying the same price you did over two years ago for ~15% better performance

I have a 1070ti that's still in the return period (thank you BHphoto jews) that I'm going to return for one. Will probably have to pay return shipping but I got the 1070ti for 399 so should be around the same total cost.

I figure resale value on the 2060 will be better in a year or two when nvidia does a die shrink and the 2060 starts running out of memory at 1440p.

reviews showed it strong at 1440p though

how are you guys so rich

>paying $350 for a sidegrade

>slower than the 1070
>upgrade

I bet you can count all the way to potato cant you?

It’s faster than the 1070 dumb fuck

Current Pascal users should skip Turing and wait for Nvidia 7nm GPU in 2020

It's a side grade at best. The performance will be very similar to a 1070. Ray Tracing is shown to be hilariously inefficient with the RTX 2080 getting crippled with it on in BFV. This generation sucks pretty bad since we already have hardware from the previous gen that's more than good enough for anything but 4K60fps.

I'm a 1080 owner and i dont know where to go other than a 2080ti and they are too fucking expensive and a 2080 doesnt seem like a big enough jump.

Probably gonna wait a gen.

If gaming is what flashes before my eyes, as I draw my last breath, it's because I took my own life at 40 due to loneliness.

Attached: RTX-meme.jpg (700x662, 57K)

No thanks, I'll wait for the 2270 or 2370.

If you an 1070/Vega 56 or above there is literally no reason to upgrade to any RTX card or AMD's equivalent right now.

No. It isnt. You dumb fuck.

>being able to play around with raytracing
On the one game that supports it currently and the probably two games that will support it by the time the next generation of cards come out.
At least wait for the 4000 series, sidegrading just to lose fps for memetracing is fucking stupid.

nVidia's own benchmarketing slides show it near equal to the 1070 Ti, so obviously the answer is no.

It also costs $100 more than the previous xx60 card. So again, fuck no I won't be side-grading.

Attached: 241012_drunk_jeff_goldblum_t.jpg (300x250, 48K)

are you really that fucking dumb?

Currently have a 980 Ti, thought I'd checkout the 2080... nope too expensive. Maybe the 1080? Nope, also too expensive.

The fuck happened these past couple of generations?

Neither
Gtx 1080/2060/56 is the new midrange so it's pointless your barely going to grt 40% more performance and 2gb less vram + useless rtx

Bite the bullet and buy a 2080. It's never going to get cheaper.

Are you gonna dump 7 for 10 in order to get Raytracing? It's DX12 or bust, and Jow Forums doesn't voluntarily use 10 last time I checked

My GTX 770 died a few months ago and a friend now gave me a unused R9 380. I somehow can't be arsed to buy any current gpu.

Does raytracing work on nouveau?

2070 user here.
That upgrade would be absolutely fucking retarded.

The only reason I upgraded was because my 670 was starting to show it's age [spoiler]and because I found the 2070 at 300€

Imagine being such a tool you feel the need go buy a new gpu every single year so daddy nvidia is proud of you