“The performance is lousy and there’s nothing new," he said. "[There’s] no ray tracing, no AI...

techradar.com/news/amds-radeon-vii-graphics-card-dismissed-as-underwhelming-by-nvidia

>“The performance is lousy and there’s nothing new," he said. "[There’s] no ray tracing, no AI. It’s 7nm with HBM memory that barely keeps up with a 2080. And if we turn on DLSS we’ll crush it. And if we turn on ray tracing we’ll crush it.”

Attached: IMG_20190110_155603.jpg (1080x1346, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eywi0h_Y5_U
youtube.com/watch?v=qfv6Ah_MVJU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How much of a fucking fanboy do you have to be to give a SHIT about what the CEOs of some competing companies say?

>turns on ray tracing
>30 fps
please do tell me more of this crushing

Attached: 1449301132983.jpg (567x699, 87K)

Based Huang BTFOing Poos

Attached: Capture.png (985x915, 495K)

>AMD Competitor says "AMD Cars are bad goym. Buy my cards instead"
>Really makes you think.

These CEOs are pathetic, every company should be like Apple silently destroying their competition without uttering a word about them.

>Based Huang BTFOing Poos
>NVIDIA's CEO Jen-Hsun Huang is the Uncle of AMD's CEO Lisa Su
??????

Remember that time Ballmer laughed at the iPhone and said how happy was with Window Mobile?
youtube.com/watch?v=eywi0h_Y5_U

A 300w 7nm part that pulls more power than the 2080ti but will probably still lose to the 2080 in a handful of games is underwhelming.
Radeon VII isn't as dense as it could be, die is still over 300mm2. Thermal density would likely be too high to cool the chip at its given power consumption if die size were lower.
Even if its a throw away pipe cleaner part just to get something out the door its still lackluster.

>S E E T H I N G
Imagine being this much butt blasted about the competition.

Windows Mobile was better. Giving every nigger a smartphone was a mistake.

why would he do that? one it's rude, nvidia is already hated in corporate world, two he could've avoided answering that directly and still look good
is something the matter jensen-kun?

True. Sad, but true.

DLSS and raytracing both look like shit in a lot of instances, Jensen. Your denoising AI is bunk in just as many cases. Devs are still using SSR to maintain a reasonable amount of performance. Talk to me next generation when the Raytracing features aren't bullshit. Give me a pure raster GTX 2080 you fuckhole.

Vega sucks dick, too though, and I'm doubtful it will actually produce the framerates a 2080 does, it just places itself in that segment by virtue of bettering the 2070 more than anything. It's the same shitshow as 56/64.

Nothing looks better than confidence.
Catching headlines is free PR, and when you've got the fastest GPUs on the market any PR is good PR.

That's exactly why I posted this, I don't give a flying fuck about the competition and shit i just found it pretty stupid.

>Nothing looks better than confidence.
he made himself look like sperging child though

>“It’s a weird launch, maybe they thought of it this morning,” Huang quipped before laughing halfheartedly at his own dig and mentioning how he likes to riff on the competition sometimes. Still, it’s clear what Huang thinks as he again reiterated: “It’s underwhelming.”
>“We never competed,” Huang said of upcoming FreeSync support. “(FreeSync) was never proven to work. As you know, we invented the area of adaptive sync. The truth is most of the FreeSync monitors do not work. They do not even work with AMD’s graphics cards.”
>Huang didn’t snipe at just AMD. When asked what he thought of Intel’s new push into graphics, Huang commented that Intel’s team is basically someone else’s.
>“Intel’s graphics team is basically AMD, right?” Huang asked. “I’m trying to figure out AMD’s graphics team.”
How is this loser in charge of marketing?

According to you and maybe a few other bitter jaded people around a couple internet forums. To all the gaymers out there it just looks like AMD can't compete, and everyone can safely shrug them off.

>(FreeSync) was never proven to work. As you know, we invented the area of adaptive sync.
what in the actual fuck

Not him but everyone else is never going to see or this interview so they're irrelevant when discussing said interview.

These are not competing companies. This is a war between two siblings

you should care, it will reflect on stock market.

He's at least right that they need more than a Vega shrink. Even if rtx and dlss are useless right now it at least shows investors that they're working on something. If AMD pushed primitive shaders they could really make gains across PC and console. It wouldn't fix GCN but taking the opposite approach of Nvidia, prioritizing effiency now over fidelity someday would at least give us some progress.

RTX and DLSS are the same gimmick as this Vega shrink, concessions to shareholders for not having a new architecture ready for 2019 fiscal year.
I get that its not practical for a new arch every year and that AMD has been dragging out Vega and GCN for longer than they should to be competitive.

>To all the gaymers out there it just looks like AMD can't compete
Not a gaymer but if anybody who calls himself one comes away with any conclusion about a company from the autistic sperg ranting of the CEO of their direct competitor then that gaymer is a fucking idiot.
Personally I've been in this computer hobby for going on 30 years and I can't remember a single episode where competitors trash talking each other had any real measurable impact on sales. Actual marketing is what makes the difference with technology being a close second. The only time I can remember when this was different was when Ballmer was trash talking OS/2 but even then I imagine that had a negligible impact at best.

that Phil appearance showed investors more than all gimmicks nvidia produced put together
what are the chances Phil is what made leatherjacket mad?

NO NO NO NO NOT A REVIEWER NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: NONONONONO.png (653x726, 42K)

Nvidia never had a chance of getting any high performance console wins, and next gen console contracts were probably a done deal years ago.
The Xboner guy showing up on stage doesn't matter much.

He's probably referring to NVIDIA purportedly testing 400 FreeSync monitors and only finding 12 which work well enough for them to brand as "GSync compatible". It's true that some FreeSync monitors have pretty stupid implementations, like I remember there were some 144Hz screens but FreeSync only worked between 30-90Hz or some shit. That's just retarded.

Because FreeSync/Adaptive sync just relies on whatever controller the monitor uses, not all of them can have the same domains for variable refresh. Nvidia's Gsync used a big expensive add in board with DSP to accomplish it.

nvidia was the one who made ps3 gpu

Yep, it is quite underwhelming as a gaming card.
But isn't a 700 dollar card with 16GB of memory like your QUADRO RTX 5000 (that costs 2200 dollars) a bit bothersome?

BASED

that's not a reviewer?

>freesync doesn't work
lol, from the manlet gyp who tried and failed to sell a $100 module which does exactly the same shit as royalty-free hardware, and then ended up supporting the same protocols freesync is based on.

>stock halved in value
gotta show some confidence, lol.

Doomer and Blackpilled

youtube.com/watch?v=qfv6Ah_MVJU

>company says competition is [bad]
NEWSWORTHY

Seriously fuck off.
If it's you fucks who make these threads that are just tangentially tech related it would all make so much more sense.

Benchmarks shouldn't even be on Jow Forums. It's pointless noise.

He's just butt blasted Lisa wore a Leather Jacket.

Why is he bullying his cousin ;_;

>stock
AMD is doubled this year and Nvidia is down 40%
How incredibly interesting and unpredictable. I can't believe people bother with this crap. A waste of time. That's why you put your shit in S&P 500 funds.

>we will render at lower resolution and CRUSH IT
lmao

the difference is ballmer laughed at iphone when job's strategy was to tell people that its the future, unfortunatly its the same case with nvidia and amd, they spam people about 'future' tech - AI, raytracing and shit like that that doesnt matter to a consumer (just like having no keyboard on a phone seemed stupid and maybe still is), but get enough normies onboard and it will eventually become the shitty future.

buy an ad, techradar

>2009
Irrelevant.

he's ceo, that's why
friendly reminder AMD was going to buy them/merge with them but he insisted on being CEO afterwards so they bought ATI instead
funny how that works out

Nvidia Hates Intel very much and AMD is going to hit Intel very hard. So its not like Jen-Hsun Haung asked Lisa Su to destroy Intel. Radeon is behind so Nvidia can get all of the GPU market and without Intel, AMD will have all of the CPU market.