/bst/ - Battlestation thread

Constructive feedback edition

Attached: bst7L.jpg (2000x1252, 331K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Kirinodere/status/1072935326405021697
adafruit.com/product/2279
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Finally moved and got stuff set up. Not entirely done, but most things are up including projector!

Attached: bst7.jpg (2338x3000, 606K)

What projector you running? looks crisp as fuck

Don't you get tired of all white everything? To me it'd feel like some kind of mental ward

It's an Epson TW6700W

Considered getting a projector screen but it works just fine against the wall

I just moved, so I haven't had time to set things up properly yet. Idea is to get posters to fill the walls up a bit since it feels way too clinical right now, and get a nicer table. Plus curtains, to liven it up a tad

Attached: IMG_0622.jpg (2592x1728, 1.69M)

I recently switched mice since my old one died, pretty happy with the new one

looks cozy OP

Attached: setup_full.jpg (1024x1536, 529K)

How much did you spend on your PC build?

>Kicks your PC

>Kirino
vastly inferior taste

Says $6000 on twitter. Kind of sad that it got shoved under a desk.
twitter.com/Kirinodere/status/1072935326405021697

ah that makes sense, will look nicer once you get some decoration going!

Hopefully!

Why the old screen when you have that Asus one?

Thanks! Yours looks comfy too, though maybe a little too much stuff on the desk?

PCPartpicker says $4500, but several components aren't accounted for since it doesn't have prices for them in the database I'm guessing...?

It's probably around $6000 spent like mentioned by another user, but I got it a bit more than a year ago I think, so the value has gone down without doubt

It's waay to the right, have still not kicked it one single time

r-rude

I think it's pretty to look at as well but, no desk space to spare aaaaa

wtf i want a proejctor now

Please tell me this is not photoshopped or edited, are projectors viable now?

not him but if you have the space and low ambient light buy one from bestbuy or any other place they doesn't charge a restocking fee and give it a shot

If you live in a sanitorium with blackout blinds like this guy yeah.

Honestly it felt pretty dumb to get one at first since I was unsure about how good the quality would be, especially having a 55-inch TV with all that HDR fancy stuff but I haven't regretted it at all

Nope, it's an actual photo. Had a projector for around 4-5 months now and it's been great

Which model?

Epson TW6700W

Great only $2000

hello kiririn :3

Attached: weebshit.png (2239x2528, 2M)

9/10, great setup. What headphones are those and whats the projector? The walls could use some color though
technically a BS. Any chance of getting a bigger desk? Looks cramped
7/10, love the clock, do you have a source on it?

Any chair recommendations? Mines a pile of shit and im not sure to go with a used Aeron or similar

Attached: IMG_20181229_230539.jpg (768x1024, 215K)

wtf the contrast is fucking great.

100% sure i follow your twitter, didn't know you post here too damn

since when does BestBuy NOT have a restocking fee?

What plants should i get and where should i put them?

Attached: Battlestation.png (2000x1834, 3.66M)

adafruit.com/product/2279 clock uses this display + a raspberry pi

Yes

No

Attached: battlestation22b.jpg (2560x1440, 1.31M)

>What plants
as many as you can find
>where
everywhere

This, go full jungle mode.

Attached: DSC_9576b.jpg (2400x1393, 641K)

But what are good plants that dont need a lot of light (preferably not a ton of water or other maintenance as well)

If you had a wireless keyboard like anne pro 2 or something it would make it super nice looking, also if picture didnt have cup and that other stuff on the right. Nice either way though

What keyboard is that?

In the corner where that shelf is, put up a giant beauty. Anything you find interesting, just giant. The art is too low. Either move it where that top shelf is with mario, or find another location for it.
I honestly hate those glass shelves, they don't seem to fit with the style you're going for. I'd probably just put up more of those black/brown shelves in similar diagonal fashion along that wall and use that instead (and also filling them with other greenery, folders, books, etc).
If you really wanna keep the glass columns, make sure they stay together so your collection doesn't look so disjointed, so put them together on the left.

Haha, are you trying to my desk looks cluttered? I remove everything I don't use, but I think this is the minimum. I like a backlit keyboard, so I don't think I can lose the last cord.

*trying to say

CM Storm Rapid-i

How do i make my setup less depressing?

Attached: setup.jpg (4640x3480, 3.49M)

Yeah i agree they dont look very good, i bought the glass shelves a while ago and i just dont have anywhere to put them in my current house and feel silly to just toss em. I was thinking of getting more of the small shelves and just using that. I had a futon below them which i feel like made the picture look better but my cat ruined it with pee.

Not cluttered but its easy to just set the cup on the ground for photo purposes

own more stuff

anime figures

The rest of my room looks like a bomb has just hit it. I just don't own anything worth keeping on my desk. :(

I'm tempted but live with my parents and I'm too embarrassed about what they will think.

I’m looking at getting an ikea Karlby with Alex drawers. I hope the Alex can support the weight of a 50” tv

Killing yourself is a good start

it will be your fondest setup once you are at the end of this hobby

Plants

What do you mean?

good idea, thanks user.

same user If looking for specific suggestions; snake plant, bamboo, cast-iron plant, philodendron, palms, boston fern.

Futon explains the space. Maybe you can fill it with a cat playhouse or maybe a seating bench you can open up (they have a name I'm forgetting at the moment). Something low and not that wide so you can still reach anything on the shelves if need be as well as water plants you might put there.
As for the shelves, you can still use them elsewhere in your house for storage or keeping them there but just making sure they stay together. You'll want it to look like a cohesive collection. Check out any other display cabinet collection and they usually have them in a row, it looks much better than being put in the corners of the room.

dracaena (lucky bamboo is part of this genus), pothos, peace lilly, ficus, cacti, succulents, spider plants, wandering jew (needs a good bit of light though), snake plant, crotons, ferns, air plants
bring outside inside, my son

acquire currency

Why do you people always get those hideous, overpriced glass cases for your shit?

I have money, I just have nothing to spend it on.

>I just have nothing to spend it on.
Your "setup" says otherwise.

It would look alright if they weren't half empty.

Start with a monitor bigger than your palm.

Move cables to the back, put a clean pot with a deep green plant in the corner, on the other corner put a simple lamp. From there it depends on what you use the desk for, if you write on paper a lot keep a notebook on the left with a little container for pens/pencils/etc. Think about what you use the space for, and keep items near it that make that space more useful.

I'll rephrase, I want stuff, but I don't know what.

I only use the space for my laptop, but I specifically have the cables forwards because I naturally take my laptop out a lot and when they're behind, they fall back.

If you have no plans of getting a new computer you can get a laptop dock, a monitor, and a mouse + keyboard.

ok thanks

You can attach a cable holder to the back of the desk so that they stay there when needed. There are a million different styles of them too. This is if you don't want to get a desk with a cable hole already created.

good idea, thanks

cute topre

Ikea also sells a USB charger with a clamp so if you have other devices you can charge them right there. Or if you have devices with wireless charging, buying a pad for them to charge on in that space.
Don't be afraid to check out Ikea's Ideas and Inspiration site. Even if you aren't going to buy from them, it could give you an idea.

post left wallpaper pls

Don't like having a monitor in portrait; need a new, highly adjustable monitor stand. Any suggestions?

Attached: battlestation.jpg (4032x3024, 3.41M)

cables have been organized since the picture

Attached: bst jan 2019 better.jpg (2560x2564, 968K)

repost from yesterday

Attached: file.png (1894x1065, 2.97M)

>monitors in front of windows

EYE fucking STRAIN

I'm glad the investment in the tablet paid off in terms of increased artistic quality user

I've never used on of these before. I've had a non-screen tablet, but I never could get over the disconnect of not seeing what I'm drawing. I bought this as sort of an experiment.

where you from user

It's almost as if there are high quality blinds on the windows

Is it just the angle or is your chair higher than your desk

Yes user, keep those pesky sunbeams out of your room

Attached: 13e.jpg (500x888, 68K)

Attached: tmp_19938-PSX_20181212_2128541762873123.jpg (5216x2934, 2.08M)

Attached: 9091203.jpg (4608x2760, 1.38M)

What do you need those huge speakers for? i have some tiny 10 euro speakers and i've never blasted them. Do you even listen to your media that loud?

Hey :)

Attached: IMG_20190102_120750.jpg (4632x3474, 1.39M)

your feet are long and weird

hey can I see what you have on them shelves? also I want a pic of that tower and guts

foreskin dildo? what model?

you're long and weird

Still rocking the IKEA Jerker.

Attached: desk.jpg (2376x1584, 2.84M)

Your tiny 10 euro speakers are shit. big speakers give you the ability to EQ your frequencies flatter for the room. Personally i have 15" woofers and 18" subs so I can EQ my room flat to 35Hz and still play at whatever volume i want without significant distortion.

No problem producing melatonin there.

Everyone has this desk cover. What is it?

Please be gentle

Attached: room jan.jpg (2528x2848, 2.16M)

Can I see your pc guts?

Your parents must be so happy to get you out of the house. I can't imagine having to know my son was a tranny that likes anime.

Home is wherever I'm with you

Is that like a drawing tablet? Or just an iPad? Otherwise it looks rather comfy. That plant adds a little life to the room.

what do i do if i got bed bugs?

can we please get a cozy thread?

Thoughts on the Ikea Markus? I sat in one and the back support seems to line up well with my back. I only got to try the leather one though, and the fabric one looks like it has harder armrests

Not sure how much height my budget can go. Are noblechairs or secretlab gud?

Can I get some sauce on that desk?

is that a plastic plant?

philodendron

Finland

There will be sun again in 3-4 months.

I don't have anything special there anymore. I decided to give up gaming so I sold my 1080ti and picked up a GTX 970 I got from a friend.

Here's an old gut picture.

Attached: guts4.jpg (1440x3736, 1.12M)