what is a good pdf viewer on Linux?
Okular is so meh

Attached: comfy.jpg (1000x1000, 288K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_manual_installation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Okular

firefox

Zathura if you like minimal and vim-like keys.

I recognize that drawing

Zathura. It's the best pdf viewer ever made.

MuPDF ?

Okuular

Attached: _reiuji_utsuho_touhou_drawn_by_toutenkou_f199bb1a981f449dca73cea7687411f8.jpg (1988x1336, 183K)

Document Viewer. Simple and just werks

this

Chrome, bro. Just works.

Okular

Uninstall that os and get a real one

Like FreeBSD?

>that basketball hoop

evince for reading
xournal for marking up
those, plus zotero, are how i'm getting through my phd.

pdf-tools for GNU/Emacs

Envince

What's wrong with Okular?

Atril

xpdf

Not OP, but which of these is better. I don't care which is more "minimalist." I've been using MuPDF and I like it, but does zathura have more to offer? I just need to view pdfs in a comfy and fast way.

evince

It's not like 40 MB of bloated trash and uses poppler like any sane PDF viewer.

Evince is the only one I care for

acroread

Minimalist is kind of codeword for unbloated. As a matter of fact, Zathura has a couple of modules that use tha MuPDF engine to render some formats like epub.

Zathura is minimal, unbloated, extendable (can put shit and program your own commands) and also is very fast.

As a test a usually load my RPG books, if it can't render pages almost instantly when i make big jumps (from page 1 to 300 for example) or if it loads page by page to slowly while i scroll, i don't use it.

Until now only Foxit and Zathura have been able do deliver this. (considering i use shitty i3).

Since foxit is too bloated and not properly maintained for loonix, i use zathura.

How can a PDF reader be meh?
I'll never understand linuxtards.

>SumtraPDF will never come to linux
It hurts.

Attached: 1341379307029.png (452x710, 363K)

>As a test a usually load my RPG books, if it can't render pages almost instantly when i make big jumps (from page 1 to 300 for example) or if it loads page by page to slowly while i scroll, i don't use it.
cool
just out of curiosity how old are you

qpdfviewer is the most underrated viewer on Linux. mupdf is allright too.

That image is not comfy at all, that is horrifying. That curtain is going to do absolutely nothing to protect the sanity of the boy on the left once Chad comes to fuck the sister over and over again every night in 10 years. I pray for that boy

Good PDFs readers don’t exist.
Annotating is a pain and the there’s reading stuff annotated in Adobe reader on windows where all the Linux readers have issues showing all types of annotations. That insert marker almost never works.

My dude, the answer is Okular and here is why. Okular does something very special that no other pdf reader does. When you are in grab mode where you just click the mouse on the page and drag to scroll, if you scroll to the extreme top or bottom the mouse automatically wraps around to the other end so you can a ton of pages in one motion. It's actually pretty awesome as it gives you a degree of control that is surprisingly useful like if you're scanning over a document or hunting for something by sight. So get Okular, install all the plugins from the repository and just be done with it. Also Okular will read your stuff, has great epub support with great fonts and styles but it also has great accessibility support like white text on black backround, etc.

calibre

for qt, theres qpdf which is like stripped down okular except its still shit due to qt not being able to properly highlight and copy selected text. and then theres calibre which isnt even technically a "pdf" reader
on the gnome side, evince is bloated, ugly trash; atril fixes the ugly but has horrendous webkitgtk bloat
memeimal shit like mupdf wont display 2 pages side by side

i recommend using a broswer

hello eliot

This - if this is evince.

based zoterobro, don't forget the libreoffice addon - zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_manual_installation

Attached: pence-next-to-trump_if-the-russia-investigation-takes-down-donald-trump-and-mike-pence.jpg (6720x4480, 2.81M)

kek

oh god I remember evince crashing on me when I loaded some d&d book with all its graphics around and under the text. ocular took forever to load, but at least didn't crash.
and now you tell me there's a reader that can handle those fast?
>time to check out zathura

Attached: 1514403812894.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

25. But i GM rpg for a group of 30+yo boomers. The only people who are still into shit like Pathfinder (D&D 3.5 was the last decent edition).

>zathura
Ok, sounds great, I’ll check it out...
Wikipedia: Version 0.0.1 was announced to the arch Linux community...
Pic is some minimal rice shit
No words if it solves the issues with reading adobe specific shit or allows for a good commenting workflow...
Into the trash it goes.

Google Chrome has a pdf reader.

>hoop isn't over the trashcan
Why even bother

There is literally nothing with okular

Master PDF Editor

First of all, they won't be in the same room in 10 years. Secondly, they couls just fuck eachother.

define "forever"
I'm using some piece of shit laptop I got for free and it runs Okular just fine. Think it's got a Phenom N620 in it. Takes 2 seconds tops to open D&D handbooks.

emacs

This image actually depicts an illegal situation in my state. You can't have boys and girls over the age of 5 share a bedroom. This means that if you want kids you HAVE to have a 3 bedroom house. Yet for some bullshit reason, 1 bedroom apartments are still allowed to be built.

I drew it :)

$LUKESMITHPDFVIEWER

KEKED
UCKEDC
CKEDCU
KEDCUC
EDKEK
DKEKE

its awesome. you have any more comfy drawings like that?

Holy shit no one cares

>Okular is so meh
You're fucking kidding right? Okular is literally the best pdf reader on any platform.