/iemg/ — In-Ear Memes General

The In-Ear Monitors General: Giant Killer Edition, where we purchase products that punch above their price bracket, showing boomers that you don't have to spend over a thousand dollars to get comparable performance.

IEM advice request template:
>Your Budget
>Your Location
>Wired/wireless
>Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds
>Sound signature
>Past IEMs

Featured IEM: Yinyoo V2 - A $50 powerhouse

Attached: Yinyoo-V2-alta-EE-UU-Importaci%C3%B3n-de-doble-diafragma-1DD-din%C3%A1mica-conductor-en-la-oreja-los (800x800, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=583721048771
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just get tin t2.

its better in nearly every way

I think we need to add the Harman/oratory EQs in the general since many anons here like it so much.

>Just get tin t2.
NO

>since many anons like it so much
It was only mentioned once or twice in these threads. its more of a hpg thing. and people can look shit up by themselves.

is qkz a good earphone manufacturer/company?

Lol no

fuck no lmao. they are copying the chink brand kz but only know how to stack up DDs. They are so terrible that their iems distort at normal volumes because their drivers cant handle the absurd bass boost they subject them to.

>$300
>Tokyo
>Wireless
>Probably earbuds but I'm open to anything
>Warm is preferred but not required

Never used iems before but looking fire something for commuting, maybe with ANC.

>wireless
>earbud
Wireless is still complete shit atm. And earbuds are ALWAYS garbage. If you really want that there is the IWS i10s which is a copy-airpods which turned out better than the original.
Otherwise wired iems are the way to go.
>ANC
just get universal tubed IEM's. Blocks nearly all sound and doesnt fuck up quality while bombarding you with high pitched noise.
>warm
At 300 bucks nothing comes to mind but at a hundred there is the bgvp dmg. Not tubed but still isolates pretty well. You can get foam eartips for better isolation.

>tfw mh755 with mmcx connectors.

It was a bitch to put together for the first time but i think my second time it will be rather straight forward. Also this chink cable is top notch.

Attached: P1040212.jpg (1500x1126, 1.71M)

Thanks!

who do you trust for IEM reviews?

crin because he's relatively objective and has actually listened to a large range of iems, also because he makes the chifiers mad since he doesn't fall for fotm hype

Mind linking the chink cable? Work looks nice btw.

>>Your Budget
Below 15 AUD preferably, don't mind spending up to 40 if they're particularly good headphones
>>Your Location
Rooland
>>Wired/wireless
Wired, though I'm open to more expensive bluetooth IEMS if they have decent battery life.
>>Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds
Don't care
>>Sound signature
Flat if possible, though I don't mind coloured sound too much.
>>Past IEMs
KZ ED4s

Looking for something with decent sound isolation and media controls. Would be great if I could get something with a removable wire and sound isolation upwards of 20dB (or even 15dB) so they can double as shooting plugs. Those bluetooth adapter things would be a nice bonus as well.

Attached: 1538446229890.jpg (563x503, 21K)

Bear in mind crin is known to be sold, right now your best bet is clabinetjunkie, or learn to read raw fr graph.

>Coloured sound
Kill you self.

I'll sell you my nicehck dt300 meet me outside e-earphone

crin is good only for measurements.
He's a head-fier and that site takes money from everyone like a whore. Crin himself also got into drama concerning paid reviews.

Might seem surprising but unlike HP reviewers we got a nice selection.
>clavinet junkie
overly treble sensitive and has a clear preference for HD600 like sound. I think his personal tastes affect a bit too much his recommendations but still.
>BadGuyGoodAudioReviews
some fucking mobster living in japan. Has tested loads of Iems including TOTL like Solaris. Has gotten into trouble with a few manufacturers for calling their stuff shit.
>Soundphile
Great written reviews with no affiliation as far as i know. probably the most consistent reviewer i know.
>IemReviewGuy
/ourguy/
>SuperReview
reviews most chink FOTMs. bretty gud.
>Zpolt
First on chink shit since he lives in Indonesia. decent and aint a paid shill.

Does the cable relief hole is enough for mmcx?

You got something against coloureds?

detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=583721048771

it's a taobao cable. lots of option and the cable is such good quality, far better than the one i paid 3 times the price in terms of suppleness.

all memes

Attached: IMG_0253.jpg (1100x825, 107K)

post actual proof of crin being a shill, oh wait you can't and you're just mad he put the dm6 at a b-

>sound isolation
Best offer is the TRN IM1. Its the only Full UV resin/tubed iem i know of at this price range. This kind of Iems is the best for isolation.
Its a bit bright though so if you dont like the treble you can put a bit of cotton in the BA tube to alleviate the issue. Sounds great once you do. For extra isolation invest in foam tips.

No. the cable relief hole is 3.20mm in diameter and the mmcx connector i'm using (screw type) is 3.66mm and you want the hole to be just slightly smaller so it's nice and snug. You will need a drill bit but don't use a drill, you might shave off more than you need so just slowly drill it using your hands. The material is soft enough for you to do it by hand.

B- is a good grade considering the price of everything in A and above. No one actually believes its the best.

just look it up faggot this isnt hpg. We arent going to start shitposting about retarded e celebs

how the yinyoo? my bro is looking for earbuds

Thanks user.

Rocking the RHA MA 390... these are very good.

These memes came today as well, the mmcx connector converter makes them really simple to use. Also pro tip, deep insertion gets rid of that nasty 6k peak so treble doesn't sound splashy and harsh. Might filter mod them once i get a second pair of these. For now these are great for reference listening.

Attached: P1040207.jpg (1500x1126, 1.67M)

Pretty meh. Get panda pk2s off aliexpress and be amazed.

Attached: IMG_0853.jpg (619x825, 62K)

how do you open the shell?

post pics brah

That knife edge wedge on the seam and rolling trick someone posted here works great. No damage whatsoever. There is a bit of glue as well but it's just slightly tacky to keep it together.

>filter mod
how do you go about doing this?

Attached: mh755.gif (1280x720, 504K)

>just look it up
There is literally nothing to look up

well, mh755 didn't have that

Just take out the filters inside the ex1000s, apparently they're more dynamic? I get the feeling the filters mitigate some treble on the ex1000s but we'll see. I need to get a second pair so i don't fuck up.

I'm not talking about the mh755, i'm talking about the ex1000s. mh755 sound signature is quite different.

Oh I thought you'd make a custom filter with a bunch of piddly SMT passives and cram them into the IEM. Which I'd consider doing since I have PCB manufacturing equipment and skills, though I'd really have to go for extra-small parts to fit in anything that isn't a KZ ZS10.

sounds cool and would be really great to see. It's just fitting things into such small housings where there wasn't meant to be a pcb makes it an insane challenge.

I agree. But changing the existing filter in those KZs for one that actually makes it sound good isn't a bad idea, though for the most part you could probably just swap parts for different values.

Another thought is to add an (active?) filter inline with the IEMs and after your DAP/phone. Like this you could flatten out unwanted peaks and broaden out troughs like a custom permanent EQ, that you could fit in a fairly small area. Though you probably couldn't power it off the TRRS's mic bias.

what's the best IEMs for studio monitoring? Will use them to edit videos on the fly.

what's your budget?

Hey user, hope this helps. The EX1000 with me now already has the filter removed so I'm using old measurements from an old stock EX1000. There'll be differences in the upper treble but it shows the effect of the filter mod quite well.

Attached: ex1kfilter.png (1920x1061, 215K)

did you find the upper mids to be better? They seem quite forward.

$300 if there's a bang for the buck iem available, if none I can use upto $600

50/50. Surprisingly the treble becomes more tolerable without the filters because there is less contrast between the midrange and the 6k spike. Overall though I can live with one or the other, I don't think one is inherent superior to the other.

>Videos
Any iem will do for any that tracking application. Comfort first. You didn't need super flat iem for that. You didn't do mastering.

Sony ex800st (Diffuse field neutral, Low isolation), Etymotic er4xr (Diffuse field neutral, High isolation DEEP probing), Moondrop Kanas Pro (Harman neutral, Good quality but still made in china if that means anything to you), Massdrop Plus (Diffuse field neutral with bass boost, you have to go through assdrop)

I was going to assume the same because listing at high volumes those peaks are a bit much though i'm finding a deep insertion to help a lot with the peaks and the way the nozzle is made being long and skinny makes me think that sony wanted people to insert them quite deep.

Is iemg comfier than hpg?

>i'm talking about the ex1000s. mh755 sound signature is quite different.
exactly, some people claimed ex1000 is diffuse field.
and compensation applied in the graph, it's basically diffuse field that published in 2013 harman target paper, a basis for current harman target.

sorry, forgot the graph.

Attached: ex100vs600755.jpg (1356x834, 162K)

those peaks and dips lol

For some people, that ~3k dip perceived as distance, and those peaks perceived as detail or directivity, those combined perception can create "soundstage" effect.
This also what happens to shp9500 and hd800/s.

can I just get an IEM recommendation that you fags can universally agree is good and won't shit on?

Attached: bored cat.png (500x494, 190K)

post what you're after and what your budget is.

>universally agree
No, not all people has the same taste, experience and knowledge. Also mood, age and listening skill is different.
Just enjoy whatever you currently enjoy.

I dunno about shp9500s, the sound stage was very average, imaging was okay. Overall the treble peaks just made it sound like a tshhh monsters.

Go watch some YouTube and reddit, some people that talks about it it has "soundstage"

>asks for advice
>wants universal answer and collective agreement

go back to fucking reddit and ask them, they'll give you the correct headphones to buy. they wont do what you want or need but you'll know you did what people on the internet told you

DMG

you are a fucking faggot but is a pretty safe bet

>mh755
got a seller to rec ?

no, too much selller.
buy two or more, and ask for serial number.
white-orange seems legit, also it's the only variance i encountered that's legit.

>go back to fucking reddit and ask them, they'll give you the correct headphones to buy. they wont do what you want or need
the purchase advice template was literally stolen from reddit

well dmg is pretty safe bet, warm sound that hard to dislike and no annoying peaks to worry.
also consider final e series.

Attached: e2000vsdmg.jpg (1356x843, 200K)

I have them. They're easy to listen to and still very defined and sonorous for most of my music
Not perfect for things like acoustic, fem vocals, and orchestral pieces; but considering the huge variety in my daily listening they are fantastic.
I do notice them being driven a bit better off my Fiio e07k than off my phone's dac, *could* be placebo but it sounds like it adds definition and punch in the low end especially

Attached: BGVP-DMG-2.jpg (1400x900, 147K)

Yep, i think they're tuned for mainstream music. Which is what most people listen to.
Good for you user, enjoy.

>buy two or more, and ask for serial number
why do you keep saying this part

poor fag here, any decent earphones for 5 dollars? (dont mind if it is chinese)

Boy have we got an offer for you...

Sennheiser HD800s

Because in my and colleague of mine first buy, both has no sn and improperly printed labels.
Buying two of it prevents the seller to sell you the fakes, and probably if you want to recable them, there's one mh755 for experimenting first.
Consider legit mh755. Here those are costing around $4.

HJE125

Funny guy

fuck off

solid rec best we got with no DM6

yep final and bgvp pick your poison both solid good luck

based

would eq fix a rolled off high?

how do i know you cant afford $5 dollars for headphones but $50 bucks for WEED

>DM6
What a solid tinnitus machine.

What's the difference between earphones being tuned as such and eq them?

sr003

Anything Campfire

Eqed correctly(like sonarwork's calibration service) and the driver is mechanically capable, it's marginally minimal.
For some reason like: the negative effects are reducing the iem sensitivity and reducing the headroom in the digital domain.

I think ill try this one thanks user

well my ears are whores and its been out of stock the past few months so i want to comment but i cant :/

personally i dont think its comming back

>>Your Budget
$50-$90
>>Your Location
South America but willing to import
>>Wired/wireless
Wired
>>Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds
Over ear or hanging
>>Sound signature
As neutral as possible
>>Past IEMs
Soundmagic E10, I liked them except for the treble roll off

That's ok, and please don't make other people suffer too.

>namefag
Aaand opinion doesn't count.

>neutral
Moondrop aria.
Or dmg/final e series for comfy warm signature.

Cheers bruvva.

Finally got those delivered, now i just have to wait for a better cable and im set. But for now they sound great, best headphones i used so far (because i used shitty ones my entire life).

Attached: in_ear_maymay.jpg (3848x2464, 1.74M)

>can't focus a camera

my phone camera is shit, that's how it looks when it's focused ¯\_(ツ)_/¯