Lads is rooting your android phone worth it anymore? Picked up a galaxy s9+ yesterday. Has the stock Samsung rom on atm

Lads is rooting your android phone worth it anymore? Picked up a galaxy s9+ yesterday. Has the stock Samsung rom on atm.

Attached: hacker.jpg (825x550, 156K)

Install gentoo

>is rooting your android phone worth it anymore?
it never really was tbqh

Well oem bootloarder unlock is probably disabled so no, or adb/fastboot to TWRP and flashing suroot would be like 15 mins

SuperSU*

You will irreversibly lose security features if you do that

Yeah it is if there are ROMs out for your phone. It probably supports treble though so you can just flash a gsi

>Not magisk

this desu famalamo

samsung is full of bloat and with root you can use titaniumbackup to freeze and remove that shit from the stock rom.

but as
says, you'll trip Knox. It's not a big deal from a software side but you will lose any warranty you have. It's irreversible even if you reflash stock.

Folders look kinda shit with that colour and those icons ikik.
Anyway I'm rooted because I want to have changed dpi, viperfx, adaware, greenify, other system font, remove bloatware.
I guess you could do many of these things without root these days but I just guess it comes down to person preference.

Attached: Screenshot_20190111-150216_Evie.jpg (1080x2220, 252K)

It's worth it but I wouldn't root a new Samsung that's still under warranty. I also wouldn't buy a Samsung phone new either but you've done that so yeah... I don't recommend messing with it unless you don't mind eating the cost of the repairs. Also I think if you root it you can't use Jump if that's still a thing

>you will lose any warranty you have
Basically only if you're a burger in which case you can't root anyway lol

Probably not worth doing if you don't have a specific reason
Stuff like ad blocking isn't really worth anymore since there are other methods especially for Samsung devices
If you just want software updates as soon as they're released you can download and flash them using Odin without rooting

>scared of rooting
yikes hahah

Not really worth rooting anymore if you're not already experienced with it. Besides, your bootloader is probably locked. The only real reason to do it nowadays is Adaway and Linux deploy.

>scared of rooting
yikes hahah

Not really, just my advice

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-11-18-55-34.png (1440x2880, 162K)

>Adblocking
What's the Jow Forums approved ad blocking method for a non-rooted Galaxy? It's the only thing I miss from my old rooted phone

root

adhell 3

Blokada of AdGuard, both on F-Droid

or*

no, I meant to say of

shut up

Attached: firefox_2019-01-11_20-31-37.png (421x265, 9K)

anyone can inspect element, what do you gain by pretending to be me?

Yes, if you use magisk manager it wont even be detected giving you 0 disadvantages compared to not rooting.

Also, with root you can have:
-Non gay emojis (emoji switcher)
-System wide ad blocking (AdAway)
-Free in-app purchases (Lucky patcher)
-More customization (basically everything xposed related)
-Delete pre installed apps (root explorer)
-Quality of life fixes to apps, like downloading pics and profile pics on ig, downloading snaps directly, downloading youtube videos directly
-Root only apps enabling call recording, easy MITM attacks, battery management and more shit

If you want to use iptables you need root.

brave btowswr or adblock browswr

shutup, phone poster. What do you gain by outting yourself as a guy who browses Jow Forums while shitting at work.

Sorry, I'm retarded. But check out some of the browsers on android that have adblocking built in.

install twrp and use adb

Believe Samsung has locked bootloaders since the s7.

Unless they changed it with the s9. I got a s8+ and miss root.