/spg/ - Smartphone General

Cosmo Communicator Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: zivvyqr2hedpqqo1ukjb.jpg (1200x630, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-redmi-note-7
kimovil.com/en/compare/motorola-one,xiaomi-mi-a2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So I have the chance to buy a 256gb iPhone X or a 64gb iPhone Xr for the same price of $650 which one should I get?

Or should I just go all in and get an XS Max for $200 more?

Attached: pdsntxhgk1jy.png (1024x1097, 602K)

Neither, you stupid Applel sheep
get the NOTE 9
actually don't, it's not for the likes of dumb, ignorant, tasteless Apple SHEEP like you.
Flip a coin, buy whatever Fruitphone you like.

Is there a way to get something similar to Moto gestures on other phones, ie. chop to turn on flashlight? I don't want those shitty ways where you keep an app open in the background 24/7. Literally the best thing ever and I'm unironically considering another Moto phone because of this.

something something itoddlers btfo

If I wanted a Note 9 I would've included it baka

I don't want an Android I want to try IOS

Honor 10 Lite for just shy of £150, SIM free. Yay or nay?

iPhone XR
+faster performance
+better camera
+longer battery life

iPhone X
+better display
+optical zoom

But really you should just go all out and get the XS Max desu

On a somewhat related note to this, Apple really ought to rip off Samsung and do an iPhone with a built-in stylus. They've already gotten their userbase to buy into the "pencil" with iPads so it should be an easy enough sell, especially if they market it as an "iPhone Pro."

I was thinking, $800 for a XS Max is pretty good desu

I wouldn't have to upgrade for another 4ish years. It sucks tho that I'd only have 64giggers but w/e

You want to try something inferior? For fuck's sake, how rich are you to blow money on something for that reason? Just lol. Avoid iShit.
RIP boyo, enjoy your fruit.

Will it work with at&t in the US?

From the Indiegogo FAQ:
>Can the Cosmo Communicator be used in the USA?

>Yes. The Cosmo is both a CDMA and GSM 4G device and will work on T-Mobile (including new 600 MHz band) , ATT , Sprint and Verizon. The LTE final band list is not finalised and we will publish as soon as we have it.

I wish somebody would make a case for my Note 8 that'd turn it into a device similar to this Cosmo. Wouldn't be that hard to do, and it'd be possible to make a flip mechanism that'd let you use it as a normal phone with the keyboard behind it instead of having to do this dual-screen weirdness.

>I don't want an Android I want to try IOS
they are both OSes that open your facecuck and whatsapp. stop living the smartphone normalfag meme and just get a cheap Xiaomi.

HELP ME. Should I stay with my old Galaxy S2 or buy Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 for silly price ?

Attached: ee8900f043b6a8bbe7e10e8adf93.jpg (512x512, 27K)

stick with S2 is battery still works ok, get Note 4 if it doesnt

Are there any budget smartphones (e.g.

Redmi Note 5 / Note 6 Pro with GCam

if you want to try osx just get an ipod or a fucking iphone SE you sperg

Thoughts on this

>dumping my p20 pro for £430
>buying a redmi note 6 (the 7 is currently over priced)

Get a Pocophone

>still on moto g4.
>suffing from heat issues since not long after release.
>battery drain issues
>try to use nova launcher to escape the outdate android 7 look - makes phone more laggy/non-responsive at lock screen.
>want to spend big now on flagship phones territery (looking at oneplus 6(t), note 9), but its 2019 and SD 855 is around the corner.

should i wait till summer or buy now?

i've decided its time to get a new phone i have been using the iphone 4s i bought back when it came out but i recently dropped it and the screen broke. i'm looking at the honor 8x and the redmi note6 but am not sure what to. any advice?

>tfw xz4 compact is canceled
FUCK THIS SHIT

Attached: 1 g4zsvHxslR-946bI_twV-w.jpg (400x388, 27K)

Hunger is the best spice

Debloat your Mi Pad 4/4 Plus
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.browser
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.quicksearchbox
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.providers.downloads.ui
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.email
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.marvin.talkback
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mi.liveassistant
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.milink.service
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.screenrecorder
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.systemAdSolution
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.hybrid
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.player
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.translation.kingsoft
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.virtualsim
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.bugreport
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.translation.youdao
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.notes
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.video
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.hybrid.accessory
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.daemon
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.analytics
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.cloudservice
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.cloudservice.sysbase
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.gallery
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.vsimcore
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.voiceassist
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.ab
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.jr
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.joyose
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.gamecenter.sdk.service
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.payment
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.xmsf
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.simactivate.service
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.gamecenter.pad

Based Pocohomo spammer

To add:
Do this only after you have disabled gesture in system apps -> Search
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.quicksearchbox
Do these last or you're stuck
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.fileexplorer
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin

Best phones under $200?
>also
Xiaomi redmi 5, mi a2 lite or wait for the redmi 7 pro?

>Get a note 9
>Samshit
Don't shill Samsung you can't even unlock your bootloader without disabling half of the phones security features permanently

It's good

Wait

What security could you expect from a phone with an unlocked bootloader?

>samsung making some foldable 2 battery 7"/3.5" thing
>it has to be plastic for folding
I kind of hope the folding part fails but the hardware is good enough we get a note 7 FE type situation where they are refurbished as 7" tablets with a 3.5" extra screen both AMOLED and massive fooking parallel battery that can charge one while discharging the other
make the battery replaceable and I can just never buy anything else again

I want to buy my grandparents a new smartphone. They mainly use it for text messages, phone calls and reading some articles.
I thought about the xiaomi mi a2 lite.
Anything better for less then 200$?

Attached: gsmarena_003.jpg (133x100, 5K)

im doing a little research, please help me. all you need to do is to remove case (if you have any) and wipe back of the phone with water to remove oils from skin and then smell the phone
>what phone do you have?
>what does it smell like? (be as descriptive as your vocabulary allows you)

get a nokia n900

why? do you need the money?

The new Redmi Note 7 is $150 ($200 if you want it like, NOW)

The display of my Redmi Note 5 cracked after a fall, what display sellers are recomended?

Attached: 1484080271216.jpg (437x501, 46K)

I have an s8 with a fucked screen and unreliable charging.

Looking at S9+ or Note9. I'd have to order and wait for the S9+ or the 512gb Note9. I can pick up the 128gb version of the Note9 today.

Are either the S9+ or 512gb Note worth waiting for?

Parts4Repair.com is legit. I've bought parts for my Mi Max 2 and they arrived safely and as advertised.

The touch is fine, only the screen is cracked, should I really buy only the front glass that they are selling for 4,25€ instead of the complete screen? Would those pajeet stores manage to replace it?

Wait for S10, it's launching 20th Feb.

The Redmi Note 5 should be simple enough to take apart that you should be able to replace the screen on your own...

Dude it's not worth it. Years of using an iPhone because hand me downs and finally got a S9+. Feels like I just got released from shackles just because I'm able to customize more than just the fucking wallpaper.

But on YT I see them putting the phones on pressing machines or something after the replacement.

oneplus 5t, g6, v30, s8 or newer midranger under 300-400 bucks?

just buy a pocophone

im in the us

Reposting

Attached: Italy in future.jpg (1600x888, 515K)

Mi8 or Mix 2S then

>I don't want those shitty ways where you keep an app open in the background 24/7

But that's what moto gestures are, it's just that the app comes preinstalled and is "made" by "Motorola".

Fellow moto owner here btw, when is the G7, my G3's battery is dying?

galaxy s9 has shit battery life, but xz2 compact is kind of ugly but has no audio jack. Maybe wait after the xz4 is announced. There's still some probability that the xz4 compact is around the corner

Thing is that waiting for a product is kind of pointless. The market is constructed in a way that there is no perfect moment to buy.
You buy now, you get it cheap but it will be outdated in a month or two. Buy then and it will be really expensive and if you wait for another 2 months the price will drop drastically.
Then there is the next big holiday season around the corner and stores will have deals if you wait another 2 months. Suddenly some other company has their own model on the market which might do certain things a little better so just wait for another month until the price drops.
Oh, is it christmas again?

I figured I'm not too patient for this kind of stuff.

I'm going for a used phone anyway, aiming for a 300€ xz2c or a 350€ S9.
I really like the size of the compact and the chip is great + pretty near to stock android.
S9 camera is a bit better, audio quality is a bit better, it got an audio jack and it got a better screen to body ratio. I guess it's worth the extra 50 bucks but I kept looking for the last 3 days and the market doesn't seem ready just yet.
Just needed a second opinion.

Attached: Chinese china.jpg (2700x1800, 1.84M)

how much if at all will the price of the note 9 drop when the s10 comes out?

>Suddenly some other company has their own model on the market which might do certain things a little better so just wait for another month until the price drops.
>Oh, is it christmas again?
>I figured I'm not too patient for this kind of stuff.
I'm waiting for that flat S10 as it is small, has a jack and isn't curved garbage
it can go fuck itself though if they put a pill notch in it

>I'm waiting for that flat S10
forgot to add I plan to pay full price if they don't fuck it up and add a notch/pill

Just get the keyboard cover case

anyone want to fuck my face while i record with the camera on my new Pixel 3 XL

I'm looking to replace my S6 because the battery dies too quickly. I loved my old S5 because I could just carry around replacement batteries and never have to worry about battery life, but that isn't an option on the s6. I was looking into phones with replaceable batteries, and it seemed the best two options were the LG v20 and LG G5, but it was announced that LG will stop offering software upgrades for those two.

Is this a big deal? Or is the whole "dude your phone will be slower in 2 years" thing just FUD to convince me to buy some $800 POS

Attached: 13b.gif (680x498, 224K)

>that sloppy work

at least make sure the text stays the right way

have you even gotten a quote on replacing the battery from a repair shop/samsung service?
if you are happy with the software on the s6 replacing it over the battery would be like replacing your beater car over an aged battery that can't provide enough CCA rather than just buying a new battery

if its the software I can understand, its the worst fucking part about android having to pay for software updates in the form of new phones

Hey guys, how do I upgrade from my HTC One M8 and not be disappointed? Nothing I see out there looks appetizing. No fucking headphone jack? Fuck off. Glass screen? Are you kidding me?
I haven't read this thread yet so don't fuck off

Also, the battery is alright. I don't have a benchmark to compare it to. I have to charge it at least once a day. The camera is still good, I still get compliments for the quality. I love the front facing speakers. The only thing that happened recently was I dropped it in the water last year and a few months after the charging/headphone port died out on me, so I replaced it and now it seems to be very fine. Headphone port works like new as well.
I've been having some slowdown/freeze issues, so I removed features like animation and some other developer features. I don't get the slowdowns as often, and I know what causes them but they still happen at shitty times. I don't know how close this phone is to dying, but it seems to be pretty strong. I've dropped it countless times and it's only been marred by a single dent for one time I didn't have its case on.

I'm not familiar with chink phones... will the redmi note 7 work on t-mobile? Or do I have to wait for it to come out to see? Seems like people say that xiaomi phones have problems with voLTE.

Attached: 1544580672083.jpg (596x595, 52K)

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-redmi-note-7
Here. You can check compatibility near the bottom.

this is exactly what I'm talking about. if I dont get a new phone now I will wait for the s10 price drop. looks too juicy to pass

Pocophone F2 when?

Is everyone going to ignore this?

everyone ignores me because i am an inferior beta male

Should i get pocophone or redmi note 7?

nigga what kind of fucking question is that
do you need the power of snappy dragon 845? that should be plenty to pick one

Do you need the extra ram and processing power? Go pocomeme.
Otherwise go redmi note 7. Personally if i had to choose i would go for the cheaper one and save the extra money for a midrange nubia x type phone with no bezels in the future.

Thanks guys. I can remove the chinese spyware right? Will these work on japanese networks? I think pocophone is compatible with softbank, but not sure about redmi 7

Hey , I got the moto meme one, before consulting you guys, should I worry?

Attached: he do not enjoy it.png (600x342, 111K)

Yes, it's shit

nice b8, no one is that retarded
kimovil.com/en/compare/motorola-one,xiaomi-mi-a2

Its true

Attached: 1530386154550.gif (487x560, 898K)

Guys What's a max 200€ perfect phone?

Can't you return it? Most of the stores here give 30 days return period.

Redmi Note 5 (whyred)

Redmi Note 5 / Note 6 Pro, though at this point it might be worth to wait for Redmi Note 7 global launch.

Why are Chinese phone makers so reluctant on releasing their big phones in the west, and are there any brands besides Xiaomi and huawei releasing 7 inches phones in the near future?
I kind of wanted to buy a mi max 3 on sale but over here only the lowest end model is available and most imported chink phones don't have the proper bands for my cunt.

Dunno haven’t tried miui, but i’m pretty sure you at least can get rid of the bloatware with adb/rooting. Checked connectivity on kimovil and both of them seem to have mediocre/ok compatibility with your country, but that is honestly for you to decide.

I personally wish dual screen (nubia x) becomes the new notch, then 7 inches might be the standard in 2020.

They might not have the budget to advertize the hell out of their things.

The nokia x5 is underrated imo

I wanted to get the mate 20 X 8gb when I was In China but it lacked one band I need, now I see it's coming westward but only the base model with 6gb of ram, I hate big notches, and notches in general but it's either that one or the mi max 3 so far, I wish someone would make a widely available 7in phone with either a double screen or a retractable camera like the Nex S.

I’ve checked out all the 7inchers and you’re basically right, the mi max 3 feels a bit old already and the huawei/honor ones have disgusting notches that kind defeat the purpose of big screen phones in general.
I consider double screens the future, forces manufacturers to make that one camera properly without wasting engineering space and money on hiding cameras or the mi mix 3 types. + extra added functionality.

Well let's just enjoy the fact that we are part of a niche that still needs to be filled, like a girl in her prime.

What are people's opinions on the cosmo?

On one hand it looks pretty comfy. I watched some videos on it and it doesn't look that durable, I'd be concerned about the hinge breaking. It's also fucking HUGE. Bigger than an iPhone XS. It looks like it would be difficult to pocket. And the screen on the back looks shit. So the question is does having a keyboard make up for these downsides? I'm not sold. It's sad because it looks cool but I think I'd rather have a regular phone and a UMPC

just get a Gemini

what phone does Chad buy?

Attached: google.com-01-01.jpg (205x246, 14K)

Pocophone

Is the Redmi Note 7 really as amazing as it sounds?
I want to get a new phone but I'm really not in a position to be spending hundreds on one.
From what it looks like, the Redmi note 7 is basically a flagship phone (just without OLED screen or a top tier cpu) for a stupidly low price.
It's even got expandable memory and a headphone port.

My only real concern is about how good the cpu actually is.
Just how much better is it's SD660 going to be than my current Galaxy S4's cpu, and how much worse is it compared to the SD845 in other more expensive flagship killers like the Oneplus 6T?
I don't know anything about how mobile CPUs compare to eachother.

Also, how easy would it be to de-bloat the os for someone who has never done rooting stuff before?
As much as it's way more than i'd like to spend, I really like how close to stock Oneplus's OxygenOS is, after being stuck with samsung's bloat for so long.
Or, what are the chances of being able to flash OxygenOS onto it directly?

Attached: c504f543346171a17ff7318a14f6c0bc.jpg (3840x2160, 387K)

>My only real concern is about how good the cpu actually is.
>Just how much better is it's SD660 going to be than my current Galaxy S4's cpu
night and day, SD660 is equivalent to the SD820 released two years ago
>and how much worse is it compared to the SD845 in other more expensive flagship killers like the Oneplus 6T?
it's worse, no dancing around it, but it's a $200 brand new phone that performs like a flagship from late '16/early '17, pisses me off they won't include B12/17 coverage and just turn the US market on it's fucking head and force these faggots to compete
no phone released in the US has the 660, and the ones on sale with the 636 now are $350-$400

>it's a $200 brand new phone that performs like a flagship from late '16/early '17
Damn, that does sound pretty good
I don't use my phone very heavily, so something like that would likely fit me just fine, and be more than usable for a good few years

Fortunately for me, I live in aus, and the only band it's missing that's used here is B28 (700)
Not that I understand a thing about how bands work, or if missing that one will have a noticeable impact on connections

wait a bit, the one you would need will be similar to the Redmi Note 5 I have which is the Taiwan Global version, which has B28 support
might take a bit longer for the RN7 Taiwan version to release but it will be worth it in your case, also mind you that price figured is 200USD, not AUD

Running AEX 8.1 on a zuk z2..
My phone rebooted in my pocket, and is now stuck on the android loading screen. I tried wiping cache from TWRP, didn't do anything. Any ideas?

Ah, so there likely will be a version of the RN7 that supports B28 somewhat later, nice
and yeah, I do understand it's $150/200USD, but that's still a really great price for what it is, and a lot better than paying over $800AUD for a Oneplus 6T