Does the free software community make bad software on purpose? Like, as a joke...

Does the free software community make bad software on purpose? Like, as a joke? It feels like every app has at least one major flaw.

Attached: gimp.png (256x256, 33K)

yeah that's why zoomer youtube/twitch streamers only use obs.

Do you contribute? If you don't, stop whining.

That's why the idea behind "free software" is a fucking joke.
No one cares if the software is free as in fat bearded man's definition, they just want software they don't have to pay for and don't want to hear that they need to buy keys and shit for it.
It's always subpar crap because the people who make it don't really care about it and they don't expect themselves to continue having to maintain it so they just let random people add shitty code to it that makes it worse.

I use for work RawTherapee 5.4 + GIMP 2.10 + LibreOffice Calc 6.1.3 on Ubuntu 18.10 with Xfce 4.13. All these are free and I make a decent money with them.

Nah, they're just really incompetent. Think about it, if they were competent programmers, they wouldn't be working for free. I mean, how long does it take to implement filepicker thumbnails for any qualified programmer out there? Certainly not over 2 decades.

>filepicker thumbnails
fucking boomer detected

Yes they do OP, which is why I only use flawless proprietary software such as windows 10 which has never had a single bug or security problem, ever.

Also correct. Software freedom is not important which is why I only run pirated copies of photoshop. By the way, if you like the furry hentai drawings that I post on twitter please donate to my patreon.

GIMP is not for drawing, it has never been for drawing.
GIMP is for image manipulation, and it is very good at it.
if you want to draw you should use Inkscape or Krita

Because
>they do it for free

Seriously unless there's a big company investing there's no way to make money off developing it so it's just a side project for unemployable trannies

>I personally am too poor to pay for it = there's no way to make money off it
Sucks to be you

>unemployable trannies
All the gimp developers are employed white men

>at least one

Attached: 1396813015794.gif (350x300, 1.99M)

I'm glad GIMP exists with multi window mode, it makes certain projects much easier.

GIMP is the ultimate zoomer / brainlet filter.

That just makes it worse, user. Street-shitting pajeets are making better software than GIMP. No wonder you're all getting H1B'd into the poorhouse.

Nigger what are you on about? You can't make a stable income off of libre software, that's just the nature of it
Why would you pay for something you can get for free?
The only exception I can think of is RHEL because they've monetised support, but good luck getting people to pay for support of pretty much literally anything else

>I
>work

Attached: 1426390486933.gif (280x210, 1.41M)

This. The only way to make money out of FOSS is through "vendor-lock-in-by-obscurity" - which bastards like RHEL and IBM are experts at.

Do proprietaryfags make bad software on purpose? Like, as a joke?

Attached: Windows10.jpg (193x193, 15K)

>Waaah why does gimp have so many bugs and why is this feature that I want missing
>You can't make a stable income off of libre software, Why would you pay for something you can get for free?

Are you really this blind to the cognitive dissonance you are nursing here?

Nah, they just provide you with stuff to ape, since you can't do it yourself.

>tfw using windows with nothing but linux programs like kdenlive/lmms/libreoffice
get fucked freefriends

Fucking retard
1. I'm not the OP who
2. Wasn't even suggesting that he was interesting in using Gimp, just calling it shit because
3. It's shit, which as I was explaining is because
4. You can't make a steady income off of FOSS

And we're back to this again
>I personally refuse to pay for it due to autism = You can't make a steady income off it

I'm bored with this FUD, go market somewhere else, proprietard

>software should be free! proprietary software is teh ebil!
>our software is inferior because we have no money
>accuses others of wilful blindness and cognitive dissonance
Shiggy.

>2019
>still not internalizing that it's free as in freedom, not free as in price

More like 99.99% of users won't pay for it due to lack of autism, so yes you can't make a steady income off of it

They've raised their freetard shields - no logic can possibly penetrate them, captain.

>free as in freedom, not free as in price
Libre is inherently gratis brainlet

gimp is open source, if you have a problem with it fix it yourself.

Nah, they really think they can have their cake and eat it too, user. The problem is, the vast majority of their software isn't good enough to achieve that. So they end up in their vicious circle:
10 FAIL
20 BLAME "PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE"
30 GET MOCKED
40 GOTO 10

Yes, it's for editing raster graphics not drawing.

But no one in this thread said it was for drawing.

Or just use a far superior proprietary product

>amdgpu is only fully free high performance gpu driver
>ability to force AA intentionally removed
its worse than you say OP. sometimes they have software which works fine then they go out of their way to gimp it, no pun intended

/thread

Attached: 1439710047999.jpg (474x352, 29K)

>My personal opinions are shared by 99.9% of people
>Therefore you can't make an income off it because I said so
Thanks user for clearing that up

Not my fault you ignore a basic facet of the software which has been in place for literal decades

Everything is inherently gratis, value is assigned by humans, including you. You can choose to value your freedom, or you can throw it away.

>Asking for payment for goods and services is "having cake and eating it too"
I told you this FUD is pathetically boring, get a real job

>Proprietary software
>superior
Oxymoron

Nice buzzwords faggot
Surely if FOSS was superior it would be the standard no? And they'd be raking in the big bucks?

i use photoshop now but I used to use gimp for 2 years and there is nothing wrong with using it

Attached: アップビート.png (240x240, 77K)

Both those things have already happened.

Pretty sure they all use xsplit
Only poorfags use OBS

Look at this absolute lying and cope.

>xsplit

xsplit is a huge pile of shit.

>someone says something i don't like
c-c-cope
f-f-fake news

Is it FOSS?

Standard meaning standard for software in general
But feel free to name some of the FOSS projects making bank

The projection is hilarious.

>y-your projecting!
>I'm n-not wrong!

To be fair, there are a couple - but only because of .

>It feels like every app has at least one major flaw.
So what's wrong with GIMP?

You're right and I'm the person that your referenced post replied to.
The few projects I can think of only make money either through selling something like support, or from mega corp donations trying to gain influence or good PR, either of which can only really apply to a couple of types of software.
The number of people actively donating to projects for no reason other than they like the projects and want to help the developers are extremely low.

>Standard meaning standard for software in general
Go check how many companies are using github and how much microsoft just paid for it.

>But feel free to name some of the FOSS projects making bank
There are many but to keep it relevant to the thread, GIMP and Krita currently both have income from donations.

There are a lot more than a couple
>vendor-lock-in-by-obscurity
Not everything is common knowledge user, business consulting is a perfectly valid service to provide.

It's not Photoshop.

Based baby duck poster

Not saying it isn't - but when your the cash flow for your entire ecosystem is based upon it, there are going to be way more winners than losers. Again, nothing wrong with that - but when you make nothing from it and try to make proprietary software some sort of boogeyman (which is just thinly-veiled envy), it makes the whole thing very hard to take seriously.

kek, fucking this.

Way more losers than winners, rather. Bloody hell, is it already 4am?

or just wrap a cactus around your neck. It's way better.

Attached: 1542340917874.gif (245x285, 916K)

Good thing there are many other services you can provide then

>when you make nothing from it and try to make proprietary software some sort of boogeyman (which is just thinly-veiled envy), it makes the whole thing very hard to take seriously
When all you know is slavery then it can be a while before you are able to take the concept of freedom seriously. Don't worry user, I have faith you'll understand some day

I know what slavery is, user. You attempting to conflate it with proprietary software
>makes the whole thing very hard to take seriously

This. Don't freetards realise how stupid and autistic this sort of shit makes them look? Like that crazy homeless guy on the street corner ranting about Jesus.

>You can't be taken seriously cause you said a bad thing about something I like!
I don't need to attempt to conflate something which is already conflated

No, they don't. Like Crazy Jesus Dude, they're actually deranged: they really believe the hyperbole they dribble. And they can't actually understand why we don't. Hence the hostility, because in their "minds", we're part of some sort of evil plot to enslave them and their freedumb-loving friends, and put them to work in coding mines under the evil lash of a robot Bill Gates or something.

>evil lash of a robot Bill Gates

Attached: ZOobVW.gif (320x240, 1.28M)

zomg how can a bunch of autistic neets with no lives possibly think this way.

nope, they make software that has usefull features but 'sometimes' lacks polish. usually cli programs are fully featured because they dont need to waste time with gliter and confetti
on top of that, things move slow because a lot of the work is voluntary

It's almost as if making software is difficult

this goes against the reason ppl praises windows an linux. linux is praised as a kernel, while windows is praised as having good/lots software. now your using the worst of each

I never thought the day would come where people would be against software freedom. Why don’t you back to /v/ and leave us alone if you don’t like it here?

Why would I care how some brainlet proprietard thinks I look?

The only person responsible for your freedom is you. There is no evil plot, you can place value on it if you choose to do so.

Pure autism.
>why does everyone laugh at us?!

Attached: 1541846139557.gif (300x200, 903K)

>caring about freedom is autism
explain

There is nothing he can explain. He is either an ignorant faggot or a troll. I both cases don't bother replying, it's not worth the time.

You don't care about freedom, otherwise you wouldn't be trying (and failing miserably) to obstruct us the way you do. Nah, it's all envy: you can't rise to our level, so you try to pull us down to yours.

The "freedumb" claims are just pseudointellectual masturbation to try to sound legit. Anybody who has lived in the real world sees right through it.

>RawTherapee 5.4
over darktable why ?

Some faggot NEET in a basement somewhere, never had a job, and is totally reliant on the taxpayer for his existence, has the audacity to claim that other people are ignorant or trolls.

This level of autism has to violate the laws of physics.

Precise Lab adjustments, better sharpening tool, HaldCLUT, Retinex... I like the UI more

>projecting this hard

Another slow day in the adobe mailroom.
Another day on shill duty.

Americans are legally required to tell you if they're being paid to advertise. This calling everyone a shill fad has never made any sense.

Why do people hate GIMP so much? Nobody has provided any reasons so far...

Attached: Yattanot.gif (499x281, 1.23M)

Do you think the FTC enforces disclosure the same way maybe the IRS or SEC control fraud and white collar crimes, with guns?

Nobody is forcing you to use it OP, at least I hope so...

>So what's wrong with GIMP?

It's an ungodly slow piece of shit now. Current version is 2.10 with an installer size of 200Mb. I didn't realize this until I tried to upgrade from my 10 year old version of 2.6 which had an installer size of 16Mb. For this massive bloat of 1250% all you get are a couple of new tools that photoshop has had for decades (warp tool) which bring my VR gaming rig to it's knees when you try to use them.

GIMP is a prime example of what is wrong with the software industry in general; it has become filled with unskilled generic drones that churn out shitty code which kind of works but needs super computer like resources to function.

I'd like to interject. What you are calling GIMP is actual GNU Image Manipulation Program, or what I have been coming to call it, shitware.

popular free software has existed for 40 years despite the rise and fall of empires. keep crying the megacorps love it

the vast majority of software is custom software. so many small businesses exist it's not even funny. free software runs the world, you just don't know because their are no commercials for it.

Why does most freeware have absolute shit designs/functionality can they not take notes from other programs

>other programs
like apple? free software doesn't have marketing teams

>Pretty sure they all use xsplit
Literally never fuckin heard of it man.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (2508x2284, 273K)

Fuck them, I love GIMP. It's the textbook definition of baby duck syndrome, because I feel Photoshop to be cumbersome since I learned to sue GIMP first. If you're not a graphic designer who is forced by your employer to use Photoshop, I don't know why people find it to be lacking outside of hyper autistic bullshit. I use it to finalize all of my art after I draw it in Krita.

free software is shit because free software developers misapply the unix philosophy
graphical user interfaces are large abstractions that do many things in many ways
this is literally the opposite of the unix philosophy
so instead of dropping the unix philosophy, they make a shit GUI, and add hotkeys and pretend it's good and unix like when it's literally an abortion that is neither good gui design or unix-like

they use bad names in purpose

What's wrong with Krita? I don't think Krita has any major flaws.

cringe

Gimp is great at what it does, image manipulation.

>Blocks your path

Attached: download (1).png (1200x930, 94K)

Drawing with a tablet on it is fucking abysmal, literally photoshop CS2 has better drawing tablet support and it came out in 2005.

What's the Linux equivalent of FL Studio and can it even compete?