Raspberry pi btfo

How can pifags even compete
imx6rex.com/open-rex/

Attached: OpenRex-Top-View-Description-840px.jpg (840x857, 139K)

>DOA SBC #9001

>another no-documentation, odd-hardware, good-cpu-but-worse-gpu Pi clone

I'll give it a month.

How much?

That Freescale logo there gave me hope, then I opened the link and saw it's ARM and not PowerPC.
Into the trash.

>basic, 199 yuros
>max, 233 yuros
>ultra, 299 yros
I mean I like the look of this thing (proper power jack, gigabit ethernet, SATA port...) but that's pretty steep.

Also there's a conspicuous absence of FSF "Respects Your Freedom!" bunting on the site, I was wondering why, considering that they give you all the schematics and documentation and all... and then I saw it at the bottom, it's nonfree on its face, since they put a "no commercial use without our permission" restriction on it. What a goddamned shame, they were so close.

>thinking RPi is anything but hardware python
Show me your chinkboard when they have 4000 different plug'n'play meme attachments and at least 1mil tutorials and forum posts online.

> Arduino like header
> just a 20-pin female header
> Claims to be arduino-like + raspi
> isn't even supported by arduino IDE
> Has accelerometer and things for embedded projects
> Likely power hungry as fuck, no battery connector
> 200-300 €

It's shit

Not i.MX8 despite huge price. Into the trash it goes...

>no-documentation
What? It's all here on their website.

>gyroscope and accelerometer
Why?

>i.MX6
>Cortex-A7

It's 7 year old hardware dead-on-arrival.

The whole point of pi is to use the pins to build/program everything yourself. Not this abomination where everything is done for you.

Attached: 1539447091161.jpg (720x960, 43K)

>$300
that's how

Throw that sucker down a well and act like you are a little boy who is stuck and get donations from people. Sell T-Shirts.

>expensive as all fuck
Well that's one obvious way that it can't compete
Why not? Build a fucking robot with it or something.

At those prices, I'd rather just buy a LattePanda.

Why would I stick something that overengineered in a robot?
The only justification would be if we're trying to do some Android and need processing power for facial recognition and classification (or more complicated things). And then there's a lot of questionable features on this board.

And then would I really want to use this specific gyroscope/accelerometer? I haven't looked at the details but I wouldn't imagine they grabbed the best they could. It doesn't seem worth the price for most customers.

if it was x86 I might actually have a use for it

the thing that makes the raspberry pi good is the software/distribution/driver/etc support that it has. raspberry pi tends to 'just work' but with other SBCs you may have to deal with headaches from poor support or missing drivers. also the raspberry pi is much more likely to remain supported for a long time, which is not the case for most of these competitor SBCs

>HDMI
dont use this proprietary shit

buttside has a sim slot and pcie. Will pifags ever recover?

Attached: OpenRex-Bottom-View-Description-840px.jpg (840x711, 127K)

does it need binary blobs to work correctly?

Rock64 is still better
>check price
>300
Also 3-6 times cheaper, what the fuck is this thing

what good is a sim card slot if you don't have a WAN modem to go with it?

>7 year old hardware
>$200+
DOA, the only one that will be recovering are the retards that buy this piece of shit

rock64, hell yea.

Attached: rock64.png (634x216, 9K)

And they won't even get the Stallman crowd because of the no commercial use thing. The main reason to use an iMX6 is because you can run it without any blobs. They went to a lot of trouble to make something that's unacceptable to pretty much any niche.