We have speakers and headphones to simulate sound, why don't we still have a device that is able to simulate smell?

We have speakers and headphones to simulate sound, why don't we still have a device that is able to simulate smell?

Attached: 1522571856490.png (600x445, 593K)

Other urls found in this thread:

feelreal.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>not knowing how smell works

Attached: 1546539463686.jpg (487x495, 52K)

You don't simulate smell, you would simulate the chemicals that get interpreted as that particular smell. And to do something like that we need an understanding of physics thats probably another 100 or so years away.

Now if we could bypass the nose and feed the sensory information directly to the brain, that could work... but its probably 40 or 50 years away. Not to mention we are thinking of a Comercial application here. Besides, if you can feed smell, you can also feed pain, pleasure, etc. Not sure the current social structure would survive long after having access to such technology.

Screw smell we need to simulate taste
There are like 5 flavors and 3 textures, so just get an appropriately textured base and squirt the appropriate combo of flavorings on it.
You should be able to recreate any food. Maybe 3D print them too

Knowing the recipe to reproduce a smell isn't hard.
What's hard is convincing people to store so many chemicals at home for meme usage

Earphones and headphones make sounds and are able to replicate different sounds.
There's also chemicals that replicate smells so I guess we already do it

I didn't ask for this.
No one's asking for this.
Please stop.

Why?

Because you can't reproduce smells by rapidly vibrating by sending electrical signals
Sounds is just so much more cost effective although theoretically I bet smells are already feasible

we do, they're called oil diffusers

>buy new smell card
>attach to computer
>play some survival horror game
>vomit

It looks like water is needed to form the mist where the smell resides
Also this device needs to be able to change smells and stop sending them at a moment's notice based on electrical signals
Even accounting the physics of the matter it just dosent seem feasible

Imagine having both TX and RX smell devices, someone farts and you're the one to smell it. Next level trolling.

i don't want to smell the gunpowder and tank exhaust in war games or rotting bodies in horror games.

this desu

Gunpowder is the best smell

Imagine coming here with a smell card, your entire house reeking of dead people, shit and vomit

To bring feet threads to the next level of course.

Smells can't just be replicated by electrical input. You'd need a reserve tank of all the basic smell elements plus face fans to clear smells out quickly.

>Smell simulators are a thing
>someone on Jow Forums makes a fart/foul smelling file
>troll people hard
>literal shitposts

*SNIFFFFFF*

Attached: BIGSNIFFMANE.jpg (240x210, 11K)

And the brap posters will finally stop the "imagine the smell" threads and instead they will try to replicate the smell by themselves kinda like the drawthreads but with more ass

With the amount of brap posters here I don't think that counts as trolling.

>smell simulation possible
>twitch roasties now sell their pussy smell
hopefully we will live to smell that day

Do you want a future where your computer can get hacked and all you can smell is dead bodies and piss? Because people are going to make those viruses

feelreal.com/

literally a thing already
welcome to the future lads, smellovision is here

fuckin kek

Attached: 343.jpg (596x628, 44K)

Can't wait till I sniff my waifus smelly feet bros

Did you say brap?

Attached: 1528572014521.webm (1280x720, 1.01M)

if you cant get blind people to "see" with electrical stimulation of their tongues, than you can hack together a system wher some other type of sensory ingput can be interpreted as smell.
besides, for synesthetics, this is already a solved problem.

Speakers and headphones don't "simulate" sound, they produce sound.

>prefering digital to analog smell converters over pure analog
Fvcking plebs

>i don't want to smell the gunpowder and tank exhaust in war games
What are you? some kind of faggot?

dude this make me lose my sides everytime

>no brap posts
yikes

Attached: poot.jpg (565x502, 124K)

most jej

Here's a thought : would it be possible to encode data in scents? Like having two computers communicate through smell like an animal does, even if it's something simple like a poweron/power off signal

because anybody with half a brain knows that hooking a chemical mixing device up to a browser and then taking a big ol' whiff of whatever Jow Forums decides to give you is a real bad idea?

Why would anybody ever willingly sniff something that has about a 50/50 shot at being mustard gas?

>Why would anybody ever willingly sniff something that has about a 50/50 shot at being mustard gas?
Because it's only a 50/50 chance. You could just as likely be huffing delectable crystals. If not, you die which is a blessing in itself.

Bbbbbrrrrrrrraaaappppppp

>2030
>Not using a smells blocker
>iShiggd

80% of the taste results from the smell. Without the nose, an onion and a potato would taste the same.

>speakers and headphones to simulate sound
>simulate sound

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Attached: 42754152_685065645193626_5032669315392864256_n.jpg (600x445, 12K)

The sound coming from speakers and headphones is not a simulation. And there are devices that produce different smells as well.

>so what do you do in your spare time user?
>>Oh me? I spend my time discussing smell technology with a bunch of fart enthusiasts.
I wouldn't have it any other way.