Resident Evil 2 demo max settings needs 13 GB of VRAM even in 1080p

>14+ GB in 4k
my rtx 2080 Ti noooooo

Attached: 1547056283052.png (676x772, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5e9sFaBKSi4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

proof? this seems like a stupid thing to do for any dev

A lot of devs will inflate minimum requirements for their games.

why does MAD has lower framerate?

Attached: re2.png (1144x912, 970K)

ok so why woulds they make it need more vram than any card on the market?

>than any card on the market
What is VEGA VII.
AMD won once again

the Titan RTX has 24 GB of VRAM, and the Radeon VII releasing on February 7th has 16 GB of VRAM. Also you can lower the texture quality, shadow quality, and resolution to get something usable for your card

so i can either spend almost 3000 dollars now or wait and put AMD garbage in my machine i think ill stick with slightly lower settings

based AMD delivering as always. The hero we need, but don't deserve.

That's not on the market

I'm sorry but I'd like to interject. AMD GPUs are great if you live in a mostly cold climate

>cropped pick not showing you have to apply the settings
13gb vram is for 4k, retards.

Not only Radeon VII but Vega 56/64 too with HBCC as long as you have a little over 5 GB of system RAM to spare.

Undervolt, idiot.

That's bullshit though. I just played through it at absolute max settings at 1440p on my 1080 Ti and VRAM usage never went over 9GB. That setting just seems to be assigning a texture cache anyway. All of the options are the same 'High' quality setting, just with a different amount of VRAM listed after them. I assume they just use that amount (up to 8GB) to cache textures to reduce potential stuttering.

We wouldn't want poor goys playing our games, it's a luxury product.

>1 Radeon Vega VII pls.

AMD does it again.

16gb for 4K, maybe AMD knew wtf they are doing

Under 6GB at 1440p with the absolute max settings (manually including HBAO+). It doesn't even come close to what the menus claim.

Attached: 961440_20190111212315_1.jpg (2560x1440, 2.34M)

well less commenting on anything but how i felt playing it it managed to scared me once but seems like a decently put together game anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=5e9sFaBKSi4

4k is twice the pixels of 2k, retards.
So 12+ GB makes perfect sense at that resolution.

Neither is RE2.

OP was talking about 1080p. You have both the OP and the screenshot to refer to.

I am 5 minutes away from Dowloading it, i will post proof.

Shadow Quality and Textures High (8Gb) Are the Vram Eaters...i guess yeah this game takes advantage of all that unwasted Vram on the enthusiast Nvidia Cards...

>Recommended settings 3gb 1060

Uh huh, I'm sure this is real

How does that help me to fry eggs?

I bet the quality isn't even that good

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1080, 192K)

Wtf are they doing using uncompressed textures?

Attached: 2.jpg (1920x1080, 191K)

So far so good on a gtx 1070 on 1080p Ultra

Attached: 3.jpg (1920x1080, 223K)

There's a demo thus this thread. You can't download upcoming hardware.

>1080p
bruuuuuuuuuh

The menus claim over 12GB no matter what the resolution, retard. That's been stated several times in this thread. And you're also fucking retarded if you think that increasing resolution from 1440p to 4K doubles VRAM usage. Assets don't suddenly double in size when you output at a higher resolution. It's an incremental increase.

Attached: untitled-1.png (714x380, 19K)

I am good with my current resolution, i might buy into the 144hz meme but never a higher res, not until mid range GPU's handle 4k as smooth as my gtx 1070 handles 1080p.

NOVIDEOT SHITTERS BTFOREVER

Attached: 1515405625810.png (675x827, 35K)

Yeah, I'm beginning to think this whole 8 GB of GPU memory not sufficient is roundabout AMD shilling.

Cope harder vramlet

Fine, here. With everything Maxed it runs at 6.1 GB memory at 4k. With shadows from Max to High it drops to pic related

POOJEETS BTFO

Attached: Capture.jpg (2166x1646, 291K)

Didn't GTAV have some vram shit like this? You could double or triple your amount available with options but it didn't really effect anything?

Uncompressed textures.
Various games have done it in the past.

this game is being designed in partnership with AMD and given out as a free game for buying their cards. so yea, its possible they designed the game to use 12GB of RAM if available, which is a good thing not a bad thing. the game performs extremely well no matter what settings you choose.

Vram usage never went up from 6.7Gb at ultra settings 1080p so yeah 8gb of vram are still safe.

anyway to reset the demo timer?

Messed around with settings some more since I missed something here. What really does it is there's a setting that literally let's you allocate how much memory you want to use for textures from 0.5gb all the way up to 8gb. That's what's driving this regardless of the resolution you're on.

Interestingly enough anything at 0.5gb and above is classified as "High" and I can't tell much of a difference after 2-4 gb.

GTA IV PC pt. 2

i don't know any games that goes over 7 or even 8gb of vram usage desu

fuck

>have 16gb vram with 1tb/s bandwidth
>cost hundreds less then the competition
>force price drops
>smug-Lisa.jpg
Wew

It'll store shit in VRAM as long as there is free VRAM to store shit to. Doesn't mean you need it. But AMD knows what they're doing this time. They're deep into console development an know that you'll need a lot of VRAM for 2020 titles.

Attached: DSn131lUQAUhA1-_rlt.png (1280x800, 1.55M)

>calls post Zen AMD garbage
>thinks post GTX 970 Nvidia isn't

Attached: 1547082965460.jpg (396x432, 104K)

my 1070 is great

wat
I just had it at 60fps 1080 with my 1050ti.

You got riced. They scam you more and more every generation. The GTX 970 series with 3.5gb of vram was the final straw.

"Few games can really utilize 4GB of VRAM, but some commenters noted a serious drop in performance or stuttering when pushing the GTX 970 over the 3.5GB threshold. The same problem did not appear to affect the GTX 980." -Jew media 2015

>Inflating stock prices, gimping older cards with drivers, false advertising, inflates prices.

The RTX series is a complete con job. Just look at how the chink Nvidia CEO is dealing with current gen AMD by crying about AMD undercutting their inflated prices.

they do it so new gpus get sold.
otherwise games would still run perfect on 5 year old gpus. just look what runs how on consoles...

>16:10
no wonder with this non-conformist aspect ratio

>undercutting their inflated prices
You can buy 2080s for $700 right now, AMD is not really undercutting anything.

What were the 2080ti prices at launch smart guy?

YOU GOT CONNED NIGGER. THE 1000 series ISN'T DROPPING IN PRICE, YOU ARE GETTING ASS BLASTED.

I'm not sure why you're bringing the 2080 Ti, AMD is not competing against it. The card AMD is competing against is the 2080, which is available for $700, just like the Vega VII MSRP.

I also did not get conned, I didn't buy Turing because it's overpriced and underwhelming. Just like Radeon VII. I am disappointed though, I do want an upgrade but it seems once again AMD won't have anything for me.

The 980 Ti and 1080 Ti are two of the best cards that Nvidia have ever released, and both came after the 970.

Yeah less and less performance generation by generation with prices higher and higher.

RTX is the worst in Nvidia history.

Attached: 1545862274118.png (500x631, 106K)

Radeon VII isn't really any better, same price, same performance, same horrendous price/performance ratio.

980Ti got blown out by a 1070 less than 2 years after it came out for half the price.

Sure it was powerful at the time, but I wouldn't put it on the list of top GPU's considering that. 1080Ti you could probably make a case for if this is all we're getting for GPU's until 2020.

Maxed out 2650x1080 with high shadows and 3gb allocation on high textures overall 5.4gb usage according to the game menu settings on GTX 1060 runs fine desu but my frames shitted itself on the flooded room section with maxed shadows also the lighting engine seems fucked sometimes the game was pitch black and i couldn't see shit where im walking into

>980Ti got blown out by a 1070
Delusional. The 980 Ti is slightly faster than the 1070 overclock versus overclock. I've owned and tested both in the past, and there's plenty of evidence on Youtube too.
>less than 2 years after it came out for half the price.
DAMN, new technology is cheaper and faster? Somebody alert the press!

Alternatively, name a single graphics card in history which hasn't been roughly matched or beaten by a cheaper product lower in the stack within two years of its release.

>DAMN, new technology is cheaper and faster?
If only somebody had told NVIDIA this when they were deciding what to sell their RTX shit for.

If GPU's keep following the trajectory they're on I'd say most of them released since 2016 won't get equaled or beaten for half the price in under a 2 year time frame.

If AMD announced a 1080Ti level card for $350 at CES everyone would have lost their god damned mind.

Imagine thinking you actually need a brand new $700 video card that hasn't even been released yet to run a game for 6 year old $200 PS4 hardware.

Hilariously overpriced gpus that are always made obsolete after 2 or so years by something much cheaper.
Neither of them are the best cards NVIDIA has ever made.