Developers Are Cancer

>Guys, we need to destroy literally every single function of your browser because...well...security
>Also, get the new app that let's you control your pacemaker from your smart phone!

Attached: b4uKlnSjd6GCKkmIEvKPI_iMVfWr1JIa0AcBgWFSo1U.jpg (496x518, 35K)

Does this make sense in your head? If so articulate your point more clearly.

Firefox Quantum was objectively a good update. prove me wrong.

You can't use shortcuts added by WebExtensions on pages displaying non-webpage content (e.g. about: pages, a tab with picture opened, privileged pages like addons.mozilla.org).
You can't have "Save link/image to folder" extension saving files outside of your configured downloads directory.
Vimperator doesn't work and anything trying to replace it sucks.

Devs are literally destroying the functionality of the entire internet. They keep claiming it's for "security", yet people are being encouraged to put literally every fucking aspect of their lives, like the operation of their fucking refrigerators on the internet.

Stop updating your browsers.
You have less than a snowball's chance in Hell to actually be victim or see those exploits in the wild.
Updates have ruined the Internet.

I don't think this is the same group of people.
What spurred this though? What compromise in the name of security do you hate?

The problem is that developer treat websites like apps and try to shove features into the web that are not meant for documents.

>What compromise in the name of security do you hate?
All compromise, faggot.

firefox still uses a fuckton of RAM just like every other browser. they need to keep their quantum project going but also release a stripped-down no-bullshit version of Firefox for those of us that don't care about pocket or any of the extra bloat.

>all compromise
A radical stance.
So in your world any malicious site or script would be given trivial access to arbitrary code execution because any security checks have a cost?

I think you just don't have a clue what you're talking about. I agree that the web sucks right now but it's also not a trivial problem.

People are using their smart phones like remote controls and it's infuriating that the EXACT same people who obliterated the fucking functionality of the entire global fucking communications network, who CLAIM to have done so repeatedly for """security""", are encouraging everyone to use fucking Alexa and smartphones to control their toasters. Because, you know, someone in fucking Korea turning my toaster on max and burning my house down while I'm at the grocery store is super good for "security" concerns.

The WWW is HTML. My WWW Browser only parses HTML. What arbitrary code execution, faggot?

Kill yourself. The internet was worlds better before you started tweaking it for "security".

javascript is a mistake

>developers

You mean managers

You never said you wanted reduced flexibility.
Should I have assumed that?
You could do your own competing internet. I recall this one user collecting very basic web pages for an index. Don't remember where he put it.
I never did that. You must be confusing me with someone else.
>obliterated the functionality of the entire communications network
What specifically are we talking about?
In my experience everything I can see down to the network layer works just fine.

>everything down to
With the obvious exclusions of course. I'm just saying if I was trying to connect to something I control to my preference its fine.

fuck off commie

The ultimate red pill is the realization that the entire web stack is a fucking dumpster fire and should be abandoned.

HTML is shit. CSS is shit. JavaScript is shit. The DOM is shit. We could have used fucking Display PostScript as the basis for the web and had greater graphic design flexibility with 1,000x the efficiency.

And it gets worse since the push for 'muh web based cloud apps!' has resulted in a fucking nightmare of inefficiency and security holes.

Browsers are shit because the web is shit.

>You can't have "Save link/image to folder" extension saving files outside of your configured downloads directory.
Make a symlink.

>You could do your own competing internet.
>If you don't like something everyone relies on, just make your own planet, brah
Destroy yourself, cunt.

>In my experience everything I can see down to the network layer works just fine.
>It werks on my computer
Holy shit are you a fucking troll? This is what I'm fucking talking about. Programmers are cancer in human form.

>"""""""cloud"""""""
This is another thing that fucking infuriates me. It's just another piece of propaganda pushed to try to get people to willingly dissect their own lives FOR the government and private corporations.

Dude, I'm using an ANCIENT browser.

>You could do your own competing internet.
>If you don't like something everyone relies on, just make your own planet, brah
Just because a proposed solution is absurd doesn't mean there is a better alternative. Normies like their shiny web apps and corporations love making money, put two and two together. JS hell was inevitable from the start and it's here to stay, so either get used to it and shut the fuck up, or make your own that's better.

I choose to end mankind instead.