AMD's next console

could this be real?

Attached: 1516619701176.jpg (768x733, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools'_Day
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>April 1, 2018

>production starting

Anything's possible, user.
Companies typically don't use April Fool's Day as a marker for anything though.

Attached: IMG_20190111_234057.jpg (1075x1034, 148K)

Attached: HURRDURR.png (544x89, 55K)

>32GB GDDR6

nope

Playstation used unified memory, so this would be everything, no separate DDR4

I'd like to know if the storage is soldered in like Apple's hardshit.

>32GB
Nope

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools'_Day
aka OP's day

Attached: lgdisplayces2016015.jpg (1200x900, 192K)

yes nigger. the new resident evil needs 12-14GB of VRAM alone

no, playstation always has easy to replace storage solution

see

no its fake and gay.

>no, playstation always has easy to replace storage solution
Is that true for the playstation?

can you not read?

But what about the playstation. That's what I am asking.

>production starts on april 1
it's a literal joke you literal fools

The 32 GB doesn't seem right. It would definitely be Zen 2 not Zen or Zen+. Describing it as independent CPU and GPU also doesn't make sense because there would be obvious benefits to continuing their APU SKUs with the convenience of infinity fabric.

>32G GDDR6
>1TB SSD
Too expensive for a console.
14.2 TFLOPS
Lmao that's more than 1080ti, imagine the housefires

To be fair Sony's fiscal year starts on April 1st.

He was probably implying that cost or wiring complexity would be unreasonable.
Highest density GDDR6 available right now is 2GB per stack.
I suppose the Xbox One X had 12 GDDR5 modules, so 16 modules of GDDR6 isn't impossible to package, but it'd still be quite expensive.

even I (without bulk discount or deals) can get a 1TB SSD for lower than $150
>32GB GDDR6
Playstation used unified memory, so that 32GB is all of it, there is no separate DDR4, also current PC games need 12 to 14+ GB of VRAM (the new resident evil)

>sony is a literal joke
pack it up boys, the thread is over

>I suppose the Xbox One X had 12 GDDR5 modules, so 16 modules of GDDR6 isn't impossible
at least you answered your own scepticism

You know that consoles are usually priced below $500 right?

go play with your nintendo swtich in public

you know that manufacturers don't pay the same price for parts as consumers, right?

Attached: 1539861229358.jpg (988x1059, 116K)

>also current PC games need 12 to 14+ GB of VRAM
[citation needed]

Specs are way too impressive for a console, probably the next gen will be powered by Intel Atom or the AMD equivalent type CPU, that's basically what we got this gen. Definitely won't have more than 16GB of RAM either, and not more than a 500 gig SSD if it even ships with one.

>that's basically what we got this gen
are you retarded? go look up the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X specs.

SEETHING

AMD doesn't have a small core family any more, Zen is their only current core line. The consoles will use one Zen derivative or another.
The Xbox One X already has 12gb of GDDR5. 16 or more for the next gen isn't unreasonable.

yes, that is indeed correct
thank you for proving him right by providing the nescessary evidence

Why the fuck would AMD have just shown off a 14 tflop $700 pooga card if they had a 14 tflop Navi card in 2018 that was cheap enough to stick in consoles? Use your fucking head.

>atom tier cpu
retard

>if they had a 14 tflop Navi card in 2018
PS5 is to be shipped in 2020 or later. so no, they didn't have it in 2018

>games in production after april 1st 2018 will be on next gen console
fucking learn how to read

You know that manufactures want to profit off selling their products just like part vendors?

The Radeon VII is just minimizing losses for the enterprise MI50 and MI60.
Consoles use newer arch than whats available on the consumer market by about a year because their development cycle starts sooner.

>he doesn't know what devs kits are and that the early ones don't have the finalized hardware yet
retard

AMD isn't going to get Vega VII performance out of a card that has to be 1/3 to 1/4 the price. That is absolute nonsense.

>32GB GDDR6
All PC Ports till the end of time will never run at all.

guess what retard sony studios will know what the HW is ahead of time because they are fucking sony studios
just kill yourself already you dumb fuck

They very well could. If Navi has variable CU size then power per op is going to dramatically drop.

they will when you ship 100 million+ units of it

Yes, you can swap CD-ROM discs easily.

When Navi gets announced look to what performance is available on the roughly 150-$200 GPU. That is likely what is going to end up in your next consoles.

>XboneX, PS4P have RX580, 570 tier performance
>it'll be the low end one trust me
ok

Not really. It will have around the same number of CUs but consoles are always clocked lower than desktop parts. Also since the midrange cards went from $200 to $300-350 expect consoles to have like 70% performance of a $300 navi card.

RX 570 and 580 are $150-200, and those consoles retail what the new ones will. Are you proving my point? They'll slap the Navi versions of those in, which will be around 10 tflops instead of 4-6.

>knowing
yes, but they will use a dev kit with comparable power until they have the actual hw.

same thing happened with previous dev kits

The nips actually have the buissness year start at 1st of april

>32gb gddr6
>1t ssd storage
this is going to cost as much as a car in brazil

You don’t need to profit off hardware sales when you literally have people pay you to develop software for it and you get a cut of every software sale they make for you

Pretending to be someone else, pathetic.

Attached: 02.jpg (600x536, 81K)

If there's actual backwards compatibility for what's sure to be yet another freebsd/x86_64 box then good for sony for being slightly less jewish than I expected.

Wrong, most consoles are sold at a loss that is recovered after a couple game sales.
IIRC the Switch is the only current gen console that was sold for a slight profit right off the bat.

My bet is on a 8 core Ryzen 2, mid range Navi chip and maybe 16gb of ram

>32GB GDDR6 yeah k
>1TB SSD yeah k

>anything other than an apu in a console
No.

i think there will be 8 core apus

1TB SSD only costs 150 bucks for us pleb consumer.

Pretty sure Sony can get it for as low as 50 bucks when bought in bulk

>the new resident evil needs 12-14GB
No it doesnt shit head

KEK did you read that on some shill thread and actually believe it?
Good god you are pathetic. You never even played it yet mindlessly parrot anything you read about it online.

¨retards

it takes 3,5 years to make a tripple AAA game.

Big dick game studios have already made good progress with their high resolution texture and polygon models in order to make day one games for PS5

t. mongoloid

even esports games like Quake Champions need ~8GB Vram on ultra textures at 1080P only

get fucked Nvidiots. 16GB Vram is the minimum now

not super confident based on Vega VII still being 300W but I guess Navi could be a big improvement in time for fall 2020.

specs are believable for system that would be released 2020 late~, anything earlier than that the console would cost 800 atleast.

nvidia could should have double the ddr amount since going from ggdr5 to gddr6 also increased per stack amount i believe, instead they kept same amount. theoritically 2080ti should have had 16gb and 2080/2070 12gb. I mean bf5 is using 5.5/6gb ram at 1080p!!!!, and both 2080/2070 are supposed to do atleast 1440p max and capable 4k. After 1y rtx 20 series cards will already be memory starved,

Its always same story with nvidia. They make good gpu dies, but slap in low amount of ram, so you are forced to upgrade sooner.

why it would definetally be zen+ or zen2? considering console is only targeting at most 60fps. they can get some cheap zen 8core die and do 3ghz with it lock it will use like 40-50w at full use, which would be within there req.

14 teraflops is pretty big if true.
That's about 2080 Ti performance.

32GB GDDR6? Hah, like console peasants can afford that

Maybe not the specs, but the PS5 is defiantly real. It's why Sony has had nothing to show this year at E3 and nothing new last year, everything they have in production is for their next generation hardware.

>14.2TFLOPS GPU
>1TB SSD
>32GB GDDR6
Yeah I'm sure they can sell this for a reasonable price. I mean, the PS3 was five hundred and ninety nine US dollars and that roared out of the gate.

Attached: IMG_20180921_203056.jpg (435x504, 37K)

The Jaguar APU in those shitboxes is literally designed for multimedia tablets.

PS3 was the success it was just because red ring 360 had a 90% failure rate.

PS3 sold like canned dog shit until halfway through the Slim's lifecycle.

If it was real that would be the PS5 Pro specs. Normal PS5 would have 16GB RAM and 500GB SSD with downclocked GPU.

32gigs od gddr6 costs more than entire ps4pro.

My guess
Zen2 8-core 3.0GHz single ccx (yes they probably need 99% yield)
Navi based 10-12TF GPU
GDDR6 16GB with bandwidth around 400GB/s (almost double of PS4Pro)

>Navi based 10-12TF GPU
More like 7-8. I really don't think it'll be much more powerful than X.

there would be no reason to even put it out then

Isn't ZEN2 still 2x4 cores per die? or do you mean a single 8-core die for consoles?

Enjoy ur $999 console then. X is recent, it sold at loss and it incorporates everything amd and ms managed to pull off on a gpu side just a 2 years ago. There will be no miracle.

high intercore latency really ruin the performance though

TFlops is roughly estimate of performance
one Turing core can probably do more than one pascal or one GCN core
they can buy BOM in bulk(1 millions+ order) and can sell at loss

They could if they fix the front end of GCN. Vega VII is still being crippled by the ancient bottlenecking front end that should have been fixed years ago.

>one Turing core can probably do more than one pascal
They are almost same cores, turing has better clocks due to a slightly better node.

Extremely unlikely.
Having high end consoles defeats the purpose of the product.
The point of a console is the low barrier to entry, that you get by having a single unified product.

That is why consoles always HAVE to struggle behind PCs, else they are economically completely unviable, so no, you won't see a console with 32 Gigs of VRAM, that is just retarded.

>the new resident evil needs 12-14GB of VRAM alone
Why does it need just 2? According to the requirements on steam...

>they can buy BOM in bulk(1 millions+ order) and can sell at loss
Which accounts for the fact that consoles are cheaper for the performance you get.
But $1k+ consoles defeat the purpose of consoles in the first place, as they are always targeted at the lower end of the consumer spectrum. Nobody would buy them.

>That is why consoles always HAVE to struggle behind PCs

That and power consumption considerations. Consoles are fairly small and need to be quiet. This pushing there a state-of-art fastest everything is not possible, because such hardware eats up power like mad - 9900k + 2080ti can push 500W into the air.

>1TB SSD
>32GB of GDDR6 ram
you know those two things alone would cost them like $300-$400 per console?

>Why does it need just 2?
You know you can turn them down? You 12 for og resolution.

>32 gb
yeah sure

must be a devkit

>You know you can turn them down?
So it doesn't NEED 12, it just might be able to make use of them under certain circumstances.

>You 12 for og resolution.
I don't know what this means, but the recommended VRAM size is 3 GB.

Triple AAA = AAAAAAAAAAAA

Do i need to remind you that re7 on 1060 3gb has like 3 times worse performance than on 1060 6gb?

>Do i need to remind you that re7 on 1060 3gb has like 3 times worse performance than on 1060 6gb?
That has nothing to do with what I am saying.