Anyone here actually thinking of buying this? Why?

Anyone here actually thinking of buying this? Why?

Attached: 2019-01-09-image-16.jpg (2400x1350, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5e9sFaBKSi4
youtube.com/watch?v=wwLGBafgHq8&t=31
github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/RadeonRays_SDK/issues
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes because you should support the underdog even if they make inferior products.
Fuck the green Jew

I'm not buying it, but I might trade my 1080ti for it.

yes
faster then my vega 64, has an open source driver

Maybe, I'm thinking about it. Depends on what price I will be able to get it for.

I'll buy whatever offers the best performance for the money I'm willing to spend whenever I feel like I need an upgrade.

Drivers will actually work, it should be good for Linux.
If I get one I'm definitely dropping the power limit on it.

i might get one to fuck around with . it will depend on heat/noise.

This is dumb. Always buy the best product. Any loyalty is bullshit. AMD would be just as bad as Nvidea if they could get away with it.

I'll be tax deducting it as a business expense then mining on it 95% of the time

>I am dumb and don't understand that markets require competition in order for users to benefit

Attached: Pic40-0_rlt.png (1280x910, 1.53M)

You actually think Nvidia will provide you with good value if AMD goes bankrupt? What is wrong with you user?

Like with literally every piece of hardware I'll wait for real reviews and then wait for possible issues to be discovered. If I'm satisfied I'll buy it.

>Anyone here actually thinking of buying this? Why?
Because you're getting your moneys worth of HBM (valued at 300$) rather then getting jewed with gddr (60$)

>AMD would be just as bad as Nvidea if they could get away with it.
Brands are totally irrelevant in this story. It's not about AMD or Nvidia, it's about an unhealthy market at a risk of monopoly. You don't close down your only gas refinery if you have reason to believe neighboring country will rape you with price.

i will when there is a 8GB version

>selling an inferior product for the same price than the competition

i don't think you understand who the jew is there...

>for the same price than the competition
>than
get out

stay poor AMDrones

Attached: 9nxvJ45d40 (2).png (922x332, 50K)

>Only 11GB of vram for $1.1k

so you buying a radeon 7 now? you can obviously afford one

Vega drivers on loonix aren't the best, so I'm a little skeptical on that. I might buy it if it has SR-IOV however.

>Thinking a Radeon 7 can actually use 16gb

Funny how as soon as AMD announces a 16gb card the narrative becomes 8-11gb is insufficient for gaming. Where was everyone saying that before? I never heard it.

For gaming is indeed too much memory, but for some specific work its more it's alley.
It nibbles the knees of the QUADRO RTX cards quite a bit, but most people, even here don't need QUADRO like jobs, so it's not a good consumer card, not until they release a 8GB version of course.

i want to believe they'd leave sr-iov on for thie card, but they won't

>AMDrones cant even afford their flagship
Poos BTFO

Id buy it if it were $550

At the moment, raytrace is literally everything wrong with the game industry.
It's a closed source cancer that literally only runs on windows 10, and the only game it runs is a literal EA turd "polished" by SJWs.

But the 2080 and 2080ti are still quite dang fast cards even without using the cancer.

Believe in the failed MI50s.

1TB memory bandwidth could be handy in some simulations. 16GB is also lot of memory for $700. Dissapointed it has less compute than a vega 64 but that memory is compelling.

I’ll probably buy the $400 version since I’m going with a Ryzen cpu anyways might as well go full amd. I also don’t play video games so I don’t have to think about muh frame rates.

Yea. This thing is absolutely gonna slay in video production and many workstation tasks, especially with 16gb HBM2 memory.
that being said, if you don't have a freesync monitor and you just want to /v/, then there's absolutely no point in choosing this over a used 1080ti.
>open source
if you're talking about linux, is the OS driver better than the nouveau garbage?

Nah. I'm fine with Vega 56 + Morpheus II cooler. VII is clearly just a "why not" move from AYYMD so I rather wait(TM) for Navi :^)

>then
Opinion disregarded

Yes because it's still better than my Vega 64 and because I'm not a /v/ manchild. Also I always wanted a 1TB bandwidth GPU

>upgrading every generation

>This is dumb. Always buy the best product. Any loyalty is bullshit.
I agree

>AMD would be just as bad as Nvidea if they could get away with it.
I don't think so m8

While I personally buy the best product for my use case, I do prefer people like them still exists so that I can still get to enjoy the benefits of the competition.

t. 3 Ryzen and 2 i7 (one 2013), 1 Intel UHD IGP, 2 GeForce(one 2012) and 2 Radeon(one 2013, other in Ryzen APU)

Wait for benchmarks. I think it might be an overclocking champ but yet to be seen.

Get fucked Novideo

youtube.com/watch?v=5e9sFaBKSi4

> I do prefer people like them still exists so that I can still get to enjoy the benefits of the competition.

And then unironically complains about freeloaders. Shame user, shame.

Attached: Pic70-0_rlt.png (1280x910, 1.65M)

Possibly if we have full access to pro features. Otherwise I am waiting to see what they replace the wx9100 with.

AMD had their chances, many of them and they never once not disappoint. It's throwing money into a dumpster fire at this point. It's time to let go. The claim of nvidia for price gouging is obtuse, pretending fps is the absolute metric for game performance, willingly ignoring the vast improvement in visual quality lending to further immersiveness from the introduction of ray tracing.

Attached: 2758e8e.png (1079x945, 904K)

some fine shilling user

Would be interesting if they leave multi client gpu virtualisation on. That'll make use of the 16gb vram.

>Supporting a proprietary cancer that needs windows 10 to run

it'll be the deal of the year if it happens

Attached: t9UdvG36X5C8VS3wtqhGLf99JFZV9AsBjGAS3sfty4I.jpg (320x180, 12K)

nice argument grammar loving nigger newfriend

literally just dual-boot. Win10 LTSC for your /v/, linux/FreeBSD for everything else.

saving for an rtx titan. might be able to afford it by next december

It's not "literally just dual-boot", it's accepting a boot to your face.

Maybe. I'll buy whatever is the best AMD card when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out, so either this or big Navi. Still haven't forgiven Leather Jacket Man for the shitshow that was Kepler, and I've generally liked my AMD cards more than my Nvidia ones in the past.

i hope that works out for you user, i really do

>Vulkan RT doesn't exist
>It's FAKE NEWS
>BUY AMD SIR

>AMD had their chances, many of them and they never once not disappoint

In what universe do you live? Anyone who wanted to has used AMD's mid-range GPUs perfectly fine and benefited from the competition in that sector. And here you are saying it's time for a monopoly. Fuck you.

>they never once not disappoint.
Have you only been following PC hardware for like a year? They've not disappointed tons of times, problem is people fall for Nvidia marketing regardless of the quality of the cards.

Name one game.

I will never buy intel again.

>buy vega 56 pulse for 375 bux
>undervolt and oc
>150w power, runs at 1600mhz core (actual core), get decent performance and can play vr with some upscaling
>card never goes above 60c under load and doesnt sound like a jet engine
>radeon software has game recording, broadcasting and other stuff all within drivers that dont require login
boy i sure feel disappointed

No, until the machine learning community builds proper libraries that work with amd cards, I'll stick to nvidia because if I'm gonna drop 700+ I'd like to have a multi-purpose card

I'm not disappointed in my $250 580. I feel like chasing nothing but the flagship products of both companies is very unnecessary

nah I'm fine with my rx480
maybe if someone drops a dramatically better card than mine for something like 200 dolla I might upgrade, but not sooner. All I play is 1440p/60fps anyway.

Yeah, Vega got hit really hard by mining and higher than expected HBM2 prices, but once prices came down to sane levels they became pretty great options.

I'll buy it when it gets heavily discounted this Black Friday due to poor sales. I can see it hitting $400 like the Vega 64 did. I have to wait until the Zen 2 chip gets released so I know whether to go for it or an i9-9900k. If it doesn't go on sale, I'll probably get a regular 2080, or wait for Navi GPUs.

No, but I don't see why anyone wouldn't.

If its similar price to 2080 and similar performance, then why not? The upside over 2080 is 16 GB. The downside is no Raytracing (yet) and slightly higher TDP.

On top of that, you reduce the nVidia's power over potential absolute monopoly.

People who shouldn't get this are people who have lower budget, like most people. Or people who want higher performance like 2080ti.

In my opinion, AMD has an advantage over nVidia due to the fact that they have twice the memory. Once Zen 2 comes with PCIe4, the HBM2's true potential might shine there.

I skipped upgrading my 7970 in my desktop last spring and found a 1070 laptop for a $1000. Given the prices during the crypto-bubble it was a steal. Nvidia didn't put cut down cards in laptops for the 1000 series so they at least were not so jewish about that. I'm not lining up to preorder or anything but I sure as hell won't pay the 2000 series prices just out of principle

I really want to upgrade my old 3570K + 770 system, but for now I'll wait just a little longer and see whether there will be 11 series cards or not.

I can still wait until December or even next January, but that's the limit.

VII doesn't even have dlss though.

>dlss
Oh you mean SSAA?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-12-04-14-34-166_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x1426, 243K)

dlss is a bit of a cancer as you have to pay nvidia to run a neural network bullshit and create a file specific for your game.
It's not something you can just go and enable on any 3D accelerated PC title as you can do with all the other forms of AA.

Good driver support on Linux

It literally looks and performs the same as SSAA.

My next rig will definitely be a Linux gaymen rig, so that's something to consider.

dlss and rtx are just more gimmicks to throw into the pile next to physx and hairworks

VII is only a pcie 3.0 card though

>Linux gaming rig
Don't do this

Yes once the price drops to $600. It is a little faster than a RTX 2080 at roughly the same price. Best of all i wont be supporting Nvidia.

Attached: 04b02ee2ef6b313d9dd849d644ee5ad2.png (696x678, 174K)

Go fuck yourself. This is set in stone and will happen. Why would I stay on Windowns?

Ooof

This is why HU did not get a RTX 2060

>Nvidiots actually believed this would give you 4k quality with 1800p performance prior to release

Yup, Nvidia is butthurt.
What are these reviewers thinking? That they can just review things independently? I don't think so.

So what do we do now, abolish direct X?

I want to nakadashi Amada

Nvidia is all smoke and mirrors and snake oil. AMD gives you actual performance without dropping visual fidelity.

We use vulkan, and create with it something that does the same shit as raytracing, but with raster.

Or use vulkan RT.

People who say shit like are the dumbest people on the planet, or Nvidia shills.
AMD is absolutely crushing Intel right now, where are the bad practices there? Motherboards that last more than one generation, significantly improved products year on year and innovating with 7nm. Their GPU drivers are better than ever with a driver suite that is comparable to Nvidia (without needing an account btw) despite being made later with major yearly updates. ReLive is already better than ShadowPlay alongside a mobile app to control your driver suite and monitor your system.
I don't expect someone who hasn't used an AMD card in the past 5 years to be able to tell, though. They're doing well on both sides if you don't include the GPU high end market, while having a fraction of the budget being split further due to developing both GPUs and CPUs.
The fact that AMD can even remotely compete with Nvidia and Intel despite being a much smaller company just goes to show how shit those companies are.

Is there a reason developers continue to use DX12 over Vulkan? Even WoW is implementing DX12 rather than Vulkan, despite running on both macOS and Windows.

It is a really interesting product if you do more than gaming.

Linux drivers for AMD are a godsent.

will probably buy to accompany my 2700x, I like my blue+green products and my red army products.

Besides right now there's 2 1070's in sli in there and it's hell

I bet on something called money coming from a certain megacorporation trying to force an OS on everyone at the point they gave an upgrade to it literally free, and when that didn't worked, they downloaded the shit on the background.

won't be that much of an upgrade from a 1080

Attached: tome.jpg (600x856, 102K)

i think its more likely that re-tooling all of their development to support a different graphics api doesn't make financial sense

Can I use the deepdream dataset for dlss?
youtube.com/watch?v=wwLGBafgHq8&t=31

github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/RadeonRays_SDK/issues
Because this is the kind of support you get from open source.

No because it's the same price as both of the phones I'm looking at

Yes because 16gb of hbm2 is actually compelling for VR stability and rendering workloads. It also allows games to do more, so you will see a memory bottleneck in the future with (((11))) GB nvidia cards, as AMD will specifically make games to kill those cards at ultra by using 14 or more GB.

This leaves enough for VII but makes the Titan stutter and perform exponentially worse.

It's not a good tactic but it'll BTFO nvidia

Sure the 16gb will be useful in some cases but that's just a by product of being a gamer version instinct mi50.

Attached: consumer instinct.png (1424x388, 70K)