Linux meme

I want to try Linux meme for the first time in my life. Recommend me some distrios. Something light and easy to use.

Attached: IMG_20180911_192256.jpg (1080x1601, 360K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deepin.org/en/
youtube.com/watch?v=8X7vCbJvLFs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

xubuntu

MINT

Just use Windows 10 and disable all the bloatware and spyware. Linux is trash, hence why no one but smelly fucking neckbeards with too much time on their hands use it. It's a contrarian OS, there is no benefit to using Linux in any real world application.

debian or xubuntu

Fedora

install gentoo

seething

debian

Install Gentoo

Is manjaro any good?
I am tired of windows shit. And i don't play vidya anymore.
>XUbuntu
>last update: April
Meh.
>Debian
>Fedora
Are you trying to meme me?
Looking good.

You are aware that there are DevOps, SysOps and programmers here? Not everyone is using Gentoo or Arch and rice their desktops 24/7, some of us work on typical Linux distros (Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora) and use it as a regular desktop too.

Manjaro is good. It's like Ubuntu but has newer software.
Go with xfce or kde edition bc gnome is shit.

Linux Mint is a good start. It's easy and welcoming for beginners. The cinnamon DE also has enough features. I would not suggest ubuntu since gnome is awful. Xubuntu is a good option.

Go get Deepin, ignore all these faggots with non-consistent distros.

deepin.org/en/
youtube.com/watch?v=8X7vCbJvLFs

Attached: DeepinScreenshot_20181126142357.png (1600x900, 1.01M)

nepnep

>>XUbuntu
>>last update: April
>Meh.
It just works dude. If you aren't a dev you don't really need the lastest update. Xubuntu just works and let you get your shit done.

Seconding, Xubuntu is a great distro

I am not THAT retarded you fucking Winnie the Pooh. ts 1989
Mixed feelings desu.
I think it's decided.
I will go with mint. Thanks for help Jow Forums and good night.

>Linux is trash, hence why no one but smelly fucking neckbeards with too much time on their hands use it
there's a positive side to Linux, free stuff. you've probably been spending too much time here with these retarded faggots, they bring down the reputation of anything they touch dude

I highly reccomend using a vm first,.or getting a shitbox to try it on first

mintvis for literal brainlets

Ubuntu LTS default.
It lasts 5 years, while the stinky others last 3.

I'd happily shill for Canonical Shekels if they paid me

mint or ubuntu

don't install to ANY other recommendation or you'll regret it. (t. installed gentoo as my first linux distro years ago)

My first Linux distro was Slackware but I used OpenSUSE for years before I switched to Arch in like 2006.

I used FreeBSD from 2010 to a year ago when I switched to OpenBSD after the great pozzing.

All that said, I recently put OpenSUSE on my wife's laptop because we do have a HP touch screen desktop we keep by our bed to watch movies and YT and shit running Manjaro. I wanted something really simple and intuitive for her but she begged me to put Manjaro on her laptop and she was right. She has no computer knowledge whatsoever and it works great for her.

Manjaro is perfect for beginners now, never mind that it is Arch.

Not op but another first time Linux user. Installing Debian now, how hard will it be to use?

Are you doing stuff with servers and networking? If not, don't bother with Linux.

What's the alternative?

This. You will eventually come back to them anyhow. Might as well just start out in the right place.

Debian is good, but might as well just use something like kubuntu. Debian development cycle is just too slow. Takes forever to get the latest features.

this is the correct answer, start here

>If not, don't bother with Linux.

You're fucking retarded. Any open source is superior to proprietary by sheer virtue of the fact that creating a custom workflow is trivial by comparison; anyone can and should use Linux/BSD.

Kde neon bitch nigga

Attached: E431F109-78B0-45C8-BD30-0F3B5B9F1884.png (478x456, 407K)

Whatever you install, make sure that it comes with a desktop environment and some GUI for your package management. Otherwise you'll be completely fucking lost as you've probably never used the shell before.

Good options;
>mint
>xubuntu/kubuntu
>manjaro
>opensuse
>trueOS (if you want to try BSD instead)

Bad options:
>arch
>gentoo
>debian
>slackware
>any BSD besides trueOS

I've worked with linux for many years. Work as in doing actual work, not just feeling "free, secure and cool" while browsing the web.
Windows is superior.

who hurt you user?

Attached: 56194495.jpg (400x400, 95K)

>recommending trueos before fedora

I don't get why people hate ricing so much. Ricing i3 for me took legit 45 minutes max, and then I just pull my configs from GitHub whenever I install on a new machine. Definitely worth it to make everything comfy, and definitely takes less time than debloating windows.

Attached: tJ2JEVb.jpg (576x764, 87K)

It’s funny and sad how this troll image is now used inronically. Protip: the car on the bottom runs ubuntu

OP, whatever you do, don't listen to that faggot.

Typical elitist consumerist sucker mentality of Windows/Mac users.

These people are the reason that in some municipalities the tap water can fucking kill you folks.

Attached: BoxedWater_500ML_TwentyFourPack_1024x1024.jpg (1024x722, 78K)

Can someone meme an image macro with pretty marriable women on top with hookers on the bottom?

Hookers need no maintenance and are used by many more men; they just cost money. They must be better.

Install gentoo. No other distro is worth mentioning.

Trash distro trying to reinvent the ports-tree wheel; BSD is vastly superior.

Attached: 3719143F-1A2C-4948-82EB-83224762A224.gif (200x150, 1.32M)

my distro is better than your distro

Mint or Xubuntu.

You must have installed gentoo

There are no distributions of *BSD, a given BSD flavor is a ground up operating system with usersland utilities written uniquely.

BSD systems are designed, not whacked together by Japanese cartoon masturbators.

>BSD systems are designed, not whacked together by Japanese cartoon masturbators.
then i want no part of it

Attached: 1414083421653.png (400x400, 168K)

Gonna second this buy some cheap used laptop making sure that it meets the hardware requitements for whatever you decide to install

Kubuntu

Easy to use = Ubuntu (it's package system and other parts are based on Debian). apt is a VERY nice package manager. The best I've used.

this