I installed Arch Linux with Zen Installer for the first time on an old thinkpad and everything worked 100% fine with no...

I installed Arch Linux with Zen Installer for the first time on an old thinkpad and everything worked 100% fine with no bugs or issues whatsoever. Why does this OS get so much hatred?

Attached: archlinux-512.png (512x512, 18K)

Enjoy your updates faggot

I did enjoy updating with pacman, fast, simple and easy!

Former Arch user myself, the only thing really wrong with it is systemd and the shitty community.
I use Artix now, which is just Arch without the systemd bloat.

Oops forgot photo

Attached: 2019-01-11-225140_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.77M)

Can you install artix the same way as arch ? Or do you have to use an installer?

Is it stable? Does aur work fine?

use Void Linux

you want a cookie?

Yeah here too. I have a horribly shite laptop ~ 1gb ram / ~ 1 GHz cpu and updating all packages takes about 90 seconds even with larger programs running simultaneously.

Because of Also systemd

What the hell kind of system do you have?

The stereotypes and memes about the users mostly seem to be true and the community can be absolute cancer.

>installer
Fucking kys

I just recently tried antergos w/ XFCE. I accidentally the xfce so I reinstalled it, now
>lightdm
I had to reinstall lightdm + lightdm-webkit2-greeter + lightdm-gtk-greeter
>my resolution somehow went to 600x400 after uninstalling xfce
I reinstalled mesa
>my battery drains with the lid closed
couldn't fix
>my computer doesn't lock
gnome-screensaver didn't work, xscreensaver did but didn't lock screen again
>my internal thinkpad beeper hisses at me when it beeps for 5 seconds
modprobe couldn't fix
>Bluetooth can only receive, not host
blueman and bluez couldn't fix

It's probably pebkap but i genuinely couldn't fix big issues. It was neat not having to compile i3gaps and pacman is really nice, but the community posts were beyond useless and it just boiled down to "yeah, xfce is broken as fuck lol" which sucks. I'll try arch vanilla w/ i3 next and try xfce again later.
/blog

Just install Plasma and be done with it.

>tends to break after updates
>needs constant babysitting and micromanaging
>horrible, elitist community
>not even supports dock mode for thinkpads out of the box
no thanks, i stick with fedora and get shit done.

I actually will, I haven't used plasma 5 yet

I gave it a shot about 4 years ago (when I switched to Arch from Funtoo), and I haven't been tempted to leave yet. Longest I've ever stuck with a DE or WM to date.

>tends to break after updates
How are you updating? I have never had my arch break after updates
>needs constant babysitting and micromanaging
Brainlet detected
>horrible, elitist community
That's because we are better than you. Deal with it.
>not even supports dock mode for thinkpads out of the box
Nothing "works" out of the box. That's the beauty of arch. You make the system you want.

why would he updateif he says everything works?
retard

Lots of people have had issues with the latest systemdick update.

So the problem is with systemd, not arch

Sure, I was just point it out.

Install Gentoo.

It gets hate because retards dont read the wiki

>installer
Great, now install Window Maker, mpd, and let's write some groff documents using mom macros.

>judging an OS by your first experience installing it
by that logic, windows 10 is the best os ever

>m'Arch

kill yourselves

Arch gets so much hatred here because this board is filled with people who claim to be tech literate but in reality are brainlets that doesn't know how to install it.
Prove me wrong.

You're not wrong.
RTFM shouldn't even be a skill, but it's a rare one.

Attached: archlol.jpg (641x4513, 535K)

lol

Attached: archbabies.png (650x4377, 871K)

lmao

Attached: archusersbtfo.png (1465x1007, 117K)

First time I installed it I struggled, but I kept on doing it and never gave up. Sure I had some issues to begin with but I sorted them out (learn by doing) and I think this is a OS everybody needs to install just to learn.

I didn't have any issues with my first install, but I was using Funtoo previously, and Gentoo before that.

Gentoo is dog shit though.

That's why I started using Funtoo.

What's the difference?

Danial Robbins makes sane design choices.

been using it for a few years now - it's not very stable. So far I destroyed my system 3 times, 2 times I accidentally dd my hard disk and the third time Pacman fucked up after updates. It's a pain in the ass honestly, you suddenly can't install any packages

>2 times I accidentally dd my hard disk
>not reading Arch news before updating
Can't make this shit up.
You are officially too fucking stupid to use Linux, go back to Windows.

Attached: 1459691980031.jpg (766x960, 80K)

>needing to check some retarded website before updating

what a dogshit OS

Do it from the same terminal you're updating from, you utter brainlet.

Attached: 1460402939859.png (500x500, 300K)

I'm enjoying actually being able to do things here on Windows :^)

>!
>just stay vulnerable bro
>just be careful if the distro fucks you in the ass bro
wow, archtards are truly windows niggers in Linux.
>Why?
in a week you will find out because shit will break and you have write or use workarounds. Unmaintainable.

The NSA appreciates your cooperation.

Attached: PRISM.png (460x346, 95K)

>people need an installer to enter pacstrap

>I accidentally dd my hard disk
Fucking how?

>in a week you will find out because shit will break and you have write or use workarounds. Unmaintainable.
why would you lie like that?

>he needs an installer for arch

Attached: 1542245753664.png (512x512, 27K)

wait, im new to this linux stuff. cant archfags use apt ? wtf is wrong with this people ?

Attached: $0.png (362x259, 156K)

>>needs constant babysitting and micromanaging

this isn't true, i have installed arch 3 years ago and all i have to do is pacman -Syu once a week

You can install artix the say way as arch yes. There's also a guide on how to migrate from Arch to artix but I haven't done that so no idea how good it is.

Very stable, AUR works for things that don't depend on systemd but it's easy to patch those packages

To add on, the Artix installation guide is lacking, so you really want to be looking at the Arch and Artix wiki and sort of meld the two together. If you've installed Arch you won't have a problem.
The keyring will likely be messed up just after the install, just look up the error and follow the steps on the Artix forum. That's the only error I've ever encountered, and it only took like 3 mins to troubleshoot.
Would highly recommend.

>arch has a shitty community
>I use artix instead, which is better because it has no community

it just werks

Attached: fb536feb-002d-4f92-ad4b-767a86360a35.png (602x500, 45K)

> zen installer
> everything worked fine

Attached: really.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Artix fucked up three arch installs and a manjaro one while following perfectly their guide.
Artix sucks sytemd is enough -SARCASM-

>arch
>very stable
This isn't a fair assessment.

>the shitty community.
Explain this. They're often responsive and helpful, as long as you have some idea regarding what you are talking about. Otherwise they'll just send you to the related page with some "friendly banter", just like Jow Forums. I haven't seen someone outright arrogant and disruptive on the forums.

Have you ever posted something on the forums? How did you form your opinion regarding the community?

Have you ever used Arch? Unless you have packages that haven't been updated for a while, it doesn't break. Even if it does, community is pretty responsive, it'll get reported and fixed in the same day. System breaking problems do not happen more often than any other OS.

Best example in my experience was Nvidia and bumblebee (Nvidia's GPU switching thingy for Linux, it's community developed). The bumblebee package broke at some point that I couldn't use the GPU. But it was reported maybe at most an hour after the package was updated and fixed couple of hours later.

So, what was broken in your experience with Arch?

>Have you ever used Arch?
I'm on it right now. Also I've used it off and on over the years.
>It doesn't break
That's outright untrue. Things break all the time, like at least once a month. I am always fixing broken stuff.
>it'll get reported and fixed in the same day.
What? No... Maybe you've seen that happen once, but it certainly isn't the norm.

>That's outright untrue. Things break all the time, like at least once a month. I am always fixing broken stuff.
Give examples, cite the package page as well so that I can check when it broke, when it was reported and when it was fixed.

I'm not going to waste time finding exact examples. The last one involved Gnome3.

A better criticism from me would be, the more someone relies on the AUR, the more likely packages will break and/or you will experience system instability. I can't speak for base package stability (although they HAVE broke my system in the past), if you don't use the AUR, Arch might be stable enough. But let's be honest, most of us are on Arch for the AUR.

> I can't speak for base package stability (although they HAVE broke my system in the past)
They broke mine as well, but it was fixed pretty fast.

>But let's be honest, most of us are on Arch for the AUR.
Not necessarily, I avoid AUR like plague. Also why are you blaming the OS for its user repository?

Run pacman -Syu