Audio /ag/ and memes

Daily reminder than XLR is patrician status

Attached: 1376261349048.jpg (1500x1500, 1.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

parasound.com/hint6.php
paducahhometheater.com/
vocaroo.com/i/s0OsKM3cmw9r
wavecrestaudio.com/products/hvl-1-two-way-loudspeaker-pair
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rate my purchase Jow Forumsentoomen

Attached: Untitled.png (1306x714, 43K)

>drilling and staining the shelves for my audio rack tomorrow
>gave my tape deck to my local shop for repair
>ordered a new motor for my turntable
now to find a good deal on a pair of JBL 4311s.
very nice, are you building dual subs?

Attached: 1541543902627.png (692x390, 171K)

Pair of Full Marty subs yes

Attached: 1542508924459.gif (190x200, 1.16M)

>Full Marty subs
I bet they'll sound and feel fucking amazing.

Attached: 1541766118064.jpg (1936x1270, 259K)

My biggest worry is my projector will noticeably shake if I ceiling mount it

I feel like you would be fine, but I would attempt to isolate the ceiling mount somehow or use vibration-resistant mounting options if they exist

What kind of frequency response do you expect? Personally I run 2x behringer b1800x pro units. Including the price of the amplifier, they were cheaper than your subwoofers alone. I have my EQ tuned flat to 35Hz and I can turn it up with minimal distortion until my ears bleed.

Attached: B1800X-PRO_P0288_PFI2-I_P.jpg (960x899, 80K)

I have an SMSL MINI-5 that I love, but after 4 years its shoddy workmanship is beginning to show (have to adjust the 3.5mm input more than I'd like, fixed static when turning volume knob with contact cleaner but now it gets randomly stiff and is nowhere near as smooth as it used to be, etc.)
What is a good option for a speaker amp that ALSO includes a 3.5mm input that won't break the bank ($150 limit) and also won't be built like shit?
This thing is/was amazing and I can't seem to find anything that quite matches it. The closest thing I've seen is the Nobsound Tone, which looks like shit and has me raising an eyebrow at its $40 price tag (also includes a DAC which I don't need since I already have a JDS EL DAC)
Thanks /ag/

Attached: 230-220_HR_0.jpg (1800x1800, 263K)

The 3.5 jack and the potentiometer are probably standard and

>Frequency range: 40-300Hz (-10dB)
>Subwoofer
My towers go lower than that user

Attached: 011cc778-4243-419c-9f07-ce25b054aa2f.jpg (970x582, 70K)

Just got my Buchardt S300 MkII SEs in today, having a great time breaking them in! I'm still trying to get the sub and crossover dialed in (and I have to get my MiniDSP HD in place and start tweaking), but out of the box they are both vibrant and pleasant. Given that I haven't put any EQ to them, and they're in a VERY sub-optimal room, I'm quite impressed.

I know I could fix it but I left out the reason why I'd probably want a new unit, that being the Mini 5's tendency to get really fucking outstandingly hot. It's not my unit, every review mentions that this thing gets blazing. I want to upgrade to something that does not do that.

Should be good out to ~16Hz at the lowest

>16Hz
20Hz is literally on the edge of audible. Only bass test tracks play anything that low.

Thrift store receiver.

notice the size of the amp in question
that's gonna be a little bit too big

Anyone heard of Genelec subwoofers before?

They seem to be made to be integrated into genelec based system.

Horn speakers & Transmission lines for life.

Still greatly satisfied with my small geithains. Really pleasant sound. Need sub though for some genres, will fix that in near future.

Movies user. I don't give a fuck about audible I want to feel my movies

It is a pain that most consumer gear is unbalanced.

Still audible, but the tonal sensation breaks apart around there.
When it comes to acoustic vibrations, the most sensitive portion of the human body is the ear, even far below 20Hz. That is, the deaf find it much harder to detect infra and sub-bass than people with functional hearing. Infrasound is audible, though the margin of just audible to painful shrinks with decreasing frequency. In saying that, we still have to acknowledge that there is a tactile component of bass.
Even though the ear is the most sensitive portion to bass, the sound waves excite low-frequency resonances of furniture and flooring. The vibrations are often of much greater intensity than what would be experienced by the interaction of the body and air alone. How much vibration is expected by a listener with an associated sound? This will depend on the weight of the listener as well.

Baby boomer.

Attached: Loudspeaker Sound Radiation.png (2248x3177, 2.21M)

So I have a Beyer dynamic T1 and a aune T1 dac/amp. Still everything sounds like shit. Win10 with basic audio drivers / realtek.
Any Tipps? I also have a Beyer a20 headphone amp but without the dac it's shit and with the aune dac it doesn't improve overall

Maybe if you explain what you mean by "sounds like shit" more precisely, then we can help you figure out what to do?

what is better, horn speaker or waveguide woofer?

Depends entirely on your system, what kind of room you're using them in, and whether or not the horn design bugs your ears. Personally, I have no preference, but I don't have "golden ears".

Crackling. Low tones and bass don't sound as clear and smooth. And highs sound flat. It appears to be worst on low volume.

Is Sonarworks True-Fi worth it?

Horns master race

Attached: 20181206_233541.jpg (1913x1076, 363K)

that carpet is absolutely disgusting

You're disgusting

No highs no lows gotta be Bose. Are you sure you didn't get robbed?

>horn speaker or waveguide woofer
Horns are waveguides.

>Crackling
Is there anything that can make appear realiably, like a low bass tone?

Have you ever had a carpet before? It looks pretty clean to me

>Amp I would like to get is 3,000 dollars

Attached: so it has come to this ....gif (300x200, 1.11M)

just get a used reciever

So was mine user

Gross

Attached: 20181215_195911_HDR.jpg (1864x1048, 383K)

parasound.com/hint6.php

audyssey sucks

>ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC
disgusting, go akm or go home

Actually that's a good point, maybe I should look at one of the other models. I don't need a DAC, I'd rather use my external ones.

I can tell you where to get it for 2250

That's a much nicer number than the 3,000 I was looking at. Where at?

spend a thousand and get this instead

Attached: 1541652910842.jpg (2500x1406, 300K)

what's a good value subwoofer with metal cone under $1000? seems like klipsch is the best bet?

paducahhometheater.com/

Just say a UPS guy sent you here

Why does it have to be metal?

Will do, thanks

Attached: Good_Job_thumbs_up_approve.png (301x267, 88K)

metal cone just sound more dynamic/real than paper/polymer cones

>another shitty subreddit general without actually having general in the title

Attached: e77f49231a6c677ecbbc5ffa5be7fb2639350de6v2_hq.jpg (800x900, 52K)

fuck off janitor vocaroo.com/i/s0OsKM3cmw9r

>not knowing that /ag/ has been around for months
you have to go back

Attached: FullRanger-shield-FR125.gif (350x419, 13K)

Attached: 1409580891254.jpg (2000x2000, 789K)

Attached: 1459434209849.png (1600x900, 64K)

>headphonelets
oh no no no

Attached: 1542413189991.png (645x729, 72K)

Back when Jow Forums had more than a shoe string budget

Attached: 1359188770331.jpg (722x1280, 177K)

They shit up /hpg/
They shit up /iemg/
What'cha gonna do when thread shitters and namefags run wild on your thread, brother?
I've got a pair of Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekend MKII's coming next week, we'll see if they live up to the full-range hype.They've got to duke it out with a fresh pair of Buchardts, so I feel like it's already an uneven playing field. The equalizers are that they'll both be paired with MiniDSPs and a sub. Also, the Buchardts still need to be broken in whereas the DWs supposedly get 300 hours of burn-in before leaving the shop. We'll see how much of a difference that makes...

>40 Hz
>Subwoofer
The fuck?

I can't believe Old Loaded is fucking dead.

He posted here like a month ago with his Khorns

Attached: dsfjlk.png (250x250, 144K)

I can't believe Ambien is fucking in prison

>waiting for weekend/1-day ebay coupons so I can buy gear
HURRY UP

That might hold for woofers, but in the "piston" range of the driver, which you would use a small subwoofer, the material sound is less distinctive.

>metal cone just sound more dynamic/real than paper/polymer cones
source? i'm interested to see how that is

Anyone recommend a good pair of passive speakers for under 300 yurobucks?

I'm using these, not sure if they ship to EU or not.

Forgot link.
wavecrestaudio.com/products/hvl-1-two-way-loudspeaker-pair

What are some decent desktop speakers I can plug in my computer? No taller than 10 inches.

Buump

It's prosound stuff, not uncommon to roll off pretty early in exchange for output since most music doesn't go that deep - or at least the stuff you'd use that for.

How does Harbethbro like his JBLs?

Attached: 318harbeth.promo_.jpg (600x425, 157K)

Compact like the iLoud Micro? Genelec 8020?
You should set some more constraints.

Just sold my company for a good amount of cash and I want to invest in a setup. Music only, digital source, vinyl and cd. What do you suggest?

20k max

I just want them to fit under my monitors.

Are these Klipsh speakers still the goat desktop speakers? Or is there something better for the same price?

Attached: speakers2.jpg (1536x900, 89K)

Whats your room size and listening distance?

10m x 15m main plant, listening distance will be from approx 2-3m away

>got new cartridge (Nagaoka MP-500) for my turntable
>it's too heavy for tonearm, requires additional counterweight (which I don't have)
>$99 on ebay
Yikes

literally anything if you want to spend more money for better sound

Neumann kh420?
You can use your PC for listening to files and CDs (buy a decent DAC like RME, select a model that suits your meeds, check out adi-2 pro so you can rip your vinyls with a good quality or use it as a DSP for all your devices).
Not into vinyl can't comment on that.
Invest the rest of the money into room.

You may also consider flush-mounting them, but you would need to contact manufacturer to look into how its done right.

I believe he sold them, I've seen him in some other thread telling that they are "too big" for his room.

>spent $30 on RCA interconnects
thanks china, hope they look as good as the pictures

Its always a lottery with chink shit, so good luck.

Have someone used Neumann kh805 sub?

wow, he goes through speakers fast. I wonder what he will get next. I think he is right about them being too big for his room though.

Some coaxial thingy from some obscure manufacturer that is not ME Geithain.

Attached: 131109_009_geithain_rzgysi.jpg (1488x1116, 330K)

Opinion on Klipsch R-15M?

well then I guess he did it wrong again
rl901k are literally the perfect solution if you want big speakers in a small room

I have a pair of JBL One, which are more than satisfactory for my needs.
atm I am using a big ass Pioneer receiver from the 90s to power them and listen music from my PC.
But it's just too huge and sometimes I wish I had an easy way to stream some music via Bluetooth.

So i looked up some cheap little Chink amps and found these two

Nobsound F900
Lepy LP 269S

Anyone here with an opinion about them?
Utter shite?

yes, it's probably some of the best choices out there if you want a versatile and perfect sub without any digital tech. when including dsp there's a lot more choices obviously but it's really amazing what k&h/neumann can do without any digital trickery.
just be aware that it is really big and heavy for a single 10", doesn't really look like that on pictures but the cabinet is ridiculously deep

These play too low for small rooms, aren't they?

I just want to pass my DAC output through this sub and then pass from sub to my amp. Seems that it has a very good range of possible input levels so I can level match very easily and a good phase settings + one EQ band. I like that.

heard them working wonders in only lightly treated rooms as small as 4x5m. cardioid bass is a thing

iloud micro monitors. if you live in us then also maybe vanatoo transparent 0's

klipsch is highly subjective in terms of likings.

i had the rp 160m and hated them

Attached: 2019-01-13 14_35_40-Mogelbaum (@cuerex) • Instagram photos and videos.jpg (594x591, 209K)

The problem with ME Geithain is their availability, I had to wait a few month to get mine small ones and I'm on the same continent. Can't imagine how long it will take for this big ones to get to another continent.