How do you change your IP address if you have fiber...

how do you change your IP address if you have fiber? do I really have to fucking call att to get a technician to come out to do it?

Attached: screaminganimegirl597b33a362524.png (1152x646, 669K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?s=b&q=how do you change your IP address if you have fiber?
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/427167493/#427219098
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/427167493#427225313
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lmgtfy.com/?s=b&q=how do you change your IP address if you have fiber?

nigger that doesn't fucking tell me anything I want a goddamn fucking direct answer

Reflash your MAC and update your Spanning tree protocol to incorporate the right wavelength for the desired IP.

Why would you want to anyhow? Wtf do you really have a fiber trunk installed at your home?

because I'm ip banned and have to phonepost but can't post images so I can't make any threads

fuck off back to twitchreddit

Sounds like you need to accept your punishment and think about your actions then kiddo. anyhow, unless your isp is special snowflake, it's trivial to release a DHCP lease and get a new one.

what qualifies as special snowflake
I see a lot of options about dhcp on my router's admin page but none of them seem to work
every device connected to it gets the exact same ip

>tfw Cox changed their policies a few years ago and leave you with the same IP basically forever
cool

Attached: 1489128479008.jpg (480x318, 24K)

It's the -r flag in dhclient if I remember correctly.

Sounds fake? I have Cox in RI and it was as trivial as releasing my DHCP lease like I said. Maybe your Cox is cocks.

this is a specific option on my router page but I still get the same ip when I reconnect with everything
literally what the fuck else am I supposed to do

Attached: Screenshot_20190112-012504_Chrome~01.jpg (641x161, 31K)

It is pretty much cocks, yeah. It's all the same company but their different regions are vastly different, just like Comcast. Like Comcast, where they have actual competition, the service is good (for an American ISP, anyway).

You could try changing your router's MAC address, some ISPs lease out IP addresses based on those and will (almost) always reissue the same IP to the same MAC address.

That's every ISP, everywhere. Welcome to the IPv4 endtimes. For a laugh look up "carrier grade NAT." They have no reason to recycle your IP, it's not actually "yours" it's shared by hundreds of plebians.

CGN is beautiful. Imagine having 2-3 NATs and wanting to port forward but in the end, you're fucked.

I don't know how to do that or if it's even possible with my router
if it is I can't find it

Attached: Screenshot_20190112-013723_Chrome~01.jpg (1080x186, 31K)

>That's every ISP, everywhere.
Not for me, a single click and i get a new IP.

What did you get banned for? I got banned once. Some guy posted a webm and it got a fuck ton of (yous) so I saved it and later on when I found a thread (on the same board I found the webm on so it was no red board, blue board bullshit) relevant to post the webm I got banned for a month. I found the original poster in the archives and nothing happened to the guy with 300 (yous). Mods were cunts that day.

Flash DD-WRT if you can, it provides a setting to change your MAC address (or you could ssh in and do it)

posted something off topic in an off topic thread and got banned for two whole weeks, thread stayed up till it archived so I evaded to call the mods retarded niggers because it was a completely innocuous post and now I've been permabanned on every board for 5 months and counting
all my appeals were denied and I can't send any more

I don't know what flash dd-wrt or ssh in means or how to do them

why are you in Jow Forums then
back to /v/

get off Jow Forums

Lucky fucker

how so

how do you expect me to learn anything if you just insult me and never tell me anything
I can't go back to /v/ because I'm fucking banned you niggers if I could just talk about video games I wouldn't even be posting on this fucking faggot fest of a board

>banned from /v/
lmao
serves you right fag

Basically you're just fucked. Next time don't get banned you dumb faggot.

Nigger you could literally google "dd-wrt (model of router)" and find everything you need

Stop shit posting?

Because I liked having that ability before my ISP stopped doing it. Not that I get banned from Jow Forums often, but being able to get multiple IPs quickly does make shilling more convenient.

come back in a few years when you've solved your attitude problem and stopped acting like an entitled little shit

>banned from one of the most cancerous boards
how
are you cancer incarnate

>expecting help to ban evade
I'm calling the mods

Banning a guy for shitposting in a shitposting thread when he wasn't even the OP for more than 5 months is pretty harsh desu, unless he's lying about that

You can't. It's tied to your MAC address of your Fibre modem. You have to call and request a new one, say you're being DDOS. They might charge you though.

Technically my ISP never offered it, i just use my own chink minipc as router.

I'm banned from ALL BOARDS FOREVER
there isn't a fucking next time how the fuck do I change my fucking ip I refuse to believe it's impossible
I already checked the website where you can search router models and mine doesn't come up so I can't even do what you're suggesting
I've been banned for 5 fucking months I just want to talk about fucking bayonetta because I started playing it but the mods are in fact retarded niggers like I called them and let people who shitpost 24/7 roam free and leave their politics or twitter threads up until they fucking archive INCLUDING the one I originally got fucking banned in
two fucking weeks for saying
>tfw no mommy gf
and saying that is retarded as fuck when they don't even delete the thread means I deserve to be BANNED FROM EVERY BOARD FOREVER? even when I apologized in all my appeals and just said I wanted to talk about fucking video games?
I've cycled through ips that were banned for evading too and it's never more than a month this shit is so fucking ridiculous
FUCK YOU MODS SUCK MY FUCKING DICK I HATE YOU THERE'S NO OTHER PLACE TO TALK ABOUT VIDEO GAMES ON THE ENTIRE FUCKING INTERNET THAT ISN'T CANCEROUS

>I just want to talk about fucking bayonetta
i want to fug bayonetta too

is telling them my IP is blocked from certain websites not a valid enough reason? what exactly do they have to do to give me a new one?

If the router is leased hardware from your ISP then it's probably locked down and doesn't have any provision for changing its MAC address. You'd probably have to either complain at your ISP over the phone and hope they have some provision for assigning you a new IP—though the retarded phone monkey will probably have no idea what you're trying to ask them even if they do—or more likely you'll have to buy your own router and switch the ISP router out with it, most likely also having to switch the router part of the modem/router combo thing over to bridge mode so the new router can be the one to negotiate a DHCP lease.

Or tl;dr,

Attached: 1277843670805.jpg (450x571, 215K)

It's going to be the same as any other DHCP client. Reboot your modem.

rebooting doesn't work
do I have to leave it off for a certain amount of time or what?

for the rest of your life

nigger you just admitted that you're trying to evade a ban for shitposting right now. you deserve to have your fiber and phone's IPs permabanned.

tell me if calling the mods retarded niggers is worthy of being banner from every board forever

spoof the mac address, change at least 2 character in the last fours

Again, call them and ask. I'm not your fucking mother.

how do I do that

You can't spoof Mac addresses on a modem. If you do, expect a long letter and service ban from ATT

>I'm not your fucking mother.
But are you fucking his mother?

It's not, but evading your ban is listed in the rules as a permaban offense. You deserve to be banned forever because you're retarded enough to admit to doing it while asking for help doing it better.

>he doesn't realize there's a rule against complaining about moderation

ITT: /v/ toddler gets btfo'd by mods and shat on by Jow Forums

why are all you faggots defending the mods?
filthy fucking authoritarians, go back to plebbit

Jow Forums(nel) is a centralized site

You can’t change a MAC address, they are hardware specific i.e burned into the hardware

Because while the mods can do retarded shit, they're the kind of mods that aren't overbearing and expect users to either suck it up or find ways to deal with all but the worst shitposters. If you actually called the mods retarded niggers in your appeal, you're dumber than that furfag that drilled a glory hole into a Hilton bathroom and sperged out when they kicked him out.

Depends on the equipment, but you can sometimes spoof it.

Did they make it pay for damages?

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/427167493/#427219098
this is what got me banned for two weeks from /v/

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/427167493#427225313
this is what got be banned from every board forever
I genuinely apologized and said I would stop shitposting in all of my appeals and that I just wanted to talk about video games
all denied

lol underage /v/tard
If you think your sperg fit of a thread here is not completely cringeworthy, I think you probably deserve that ban

>I'm banned from ALL BOARDS FOREVER
Should've thought about that before trying to be the epic shitposter, kiddo
>/v/
Why am I not surprised?

>posts worst konosuba
>gets banned
based mods

Attached: j.png (1920x1080, 824K)

>NEET can't evade bans
heh

Attached: 1454125708801.png (557x605, 46K)

sometimes mods = gods.

I wouldn't doubt it. The problem is I think he's an e-celeb in their community, so he wound up losing no credibility and was behind the backlash to NASA firing a furry tranny for telling Homer Hickam to suck his dick.
>two weeks for animefagging
>permanent for evading ban to bitch about getting two weeks for animefagging
If I cared about the first offense, I'd agree that two weeks was harsh if it was the first time you got banned for it. Your problem is you broke two rules and got permabanned, and have no fucking clue why you got permabanned.

Attached: 1529172743342.jpg (900x675, 110K)

yunyun > *

test

It's called a router VPN you faggit

Thank FUCK i managed to change my ip. Fuck you all who didn't help. Reddit was 10x more helper than Jow Forums