If you can't tell me the steps to boot this computer from the drives below it...

If you can't tell me the steps to boot this computer from the drives below it, then you can't claim to know shit about computers.

Attached: IMSAI_8080.jpg (640x473, 52K)

Jow Forums isn't customer support.

I don't need 'customer support', I already know how to operate this computer.

Sure you do buddy. Nice try though.

Step one: read the fucking manual.

I used to own one of these back in the day, complete with the Shugart 8" floppy drives as pictured here. Those were only 600kB single-sided though, later I replaced them with half-height Tandon double-sided drives, for 1200kB per disk. When you only have a 16-bit address space 1200kB of disk space is actually quite a bit.

What manual? WHICH manual? xD

HINT: How you boot the machine depends entirely on which disk controller is installed in the bus. But there are commonalities; can you guess what they might be?

op Jow Forums is full of babbys who only know how to play vidya gaymes on microsoft playskool boxes, they wouldn't know what to do with front panel controls if you put a gun to their heads

this shit looks cool, how do i into computers in US education

Go back in time 40 years. xD

I'm testing Jow Forums's knowledge base to see if any of you actually can figure out how you'd use a computer of this vintage, or if you're all only capable of using Windows.

I'm an ignorant fuck who wants to learn more about this, do you mind explaining us how it works please

>xD
i may be a dumbass at computers but at least i dont have the vibe of a 2003 scene kid

HINT: What's the purpose of the front panel switches and lights?

This might be the dumbest answer you can expect, however looking to similar images, the switches were meant to write the program and the light could show you the output of it

I'm guessing you just learned about this and now feel super smart

(You)
Not everyone is above 35 years old grandpa. Take your pills.

Attached: r1zr3jm86ba11.jpg (550x543, 83K)

Put in the address of the boot ROM, hit run

>toggling front panel switches makes me good at computers
k m8 whatever floats your boat

Attached: 1534518078613.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

Attached: 1510007539867.webm (480x270, 2.74M)

Attached: 1470539700054.webm (480x270, 2.93M)

Yeah whatever grandpa
Go jerk some pascalines

Boomers had the IMSAI 8080 and the commodore.
What are we going to show our kiddos?
Raspberry Pi and Arduino?

Attached: 1469315980075.webm (640x360, 2.89M)

Pahaha! I bet you program in COBOL

Attached: 1536786390043.png (500x500, 55K)

Literally doesn't matter whatsoever and has absolutely no application in any way to modern technology.

>If you can't properly attach a saddle to this horse and then reign it to this carriage you have no business calling yourself a mechanic

Attached: da.png (390x494, 181K)

Protovision, I have you now....

>How you boot the machine depends entirely on which disk controller is installed in the bus
Try just flipping the on switch like on an 8800, and resetting the memory with 2 switches?