Update Windows

>Update Windows
>Power goes out
>Restart computer
>It's bricked
>Reinstall windows
>Have to clean 'drive 0' to install windows 10 on it
>Reinstall windows 10
>Look for "Drive D:" (As I put al my bideo gayms and shit there)
>It's gone
What happened? Did I wipe it without knowing? Please don't tell me I did

Attached: apu.jpg (495x362, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Partitions
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gnu/gentoo doesn't have this problem

Known windows bug, microsoft claims it's a feature, enjoy your botnet 10

This has also nothing to do with Windows because any operating system would end up in the same situation.

False

Werks in my Windows 10 machineā„¢.

dumb frogposter

Well, how do I get the drive to show up again?

kys you disgusting freetards

yes you did, dumb frogposter

Enter Disk Management and see if it shows up therr

Boot up a live linux and run testdisk

Dis

Even windows 7 has a problem where it doesn't assign a drive letter to partitions on new installs sometimes, so they don't show up and you gotta do it manually on disk management.

>seething goy
sure feels good to have an OS that doesn't destroy all my data when there's a power outage.
or an update.

I had to factory reset my computer as well. Before that, though, I went into the advanced boot menu, opened up the command prompt, opened up the registry, and opened import and and plugged in an external hard drive. Then I just dragged and dropped my entire SSD in my computer over to the external hard drive and waited 6 hours, with no confirmation at all that the computer was even doing anything. Then I reset the PC and loaded it all back in from my external drive.
If you can get to the advanced boot screen, which I realize OP probably couldn't, then you might just be able to save your data.

I should note that 'safe mode' did not work at all for me and enabling administrator did nothing. I fucked up the registry really fucking badly before this.

>Update Windows
>on windows
serves you well.

I can get to the advanced bot screen, what should I do there?

You take backups, right?

>not using a power generator during updates
You were asking for it op

that's ok, i watched a tech reformat a 43tb surveillance camera storage array by accident yesterday

2 physical drivers like HDD + SSD or just 1? If the latter then you might've fucked up.

You either deleted the second partition because you booted without UEFI and couldn't install Windows 10 on a GPT partitioned drive or the partition table got corrupted. The second option has some salvaging. Most partition programs can scan your drive for a missing partition and even restore it tho a corrupted partition table might indicate that the drive is dying.

If you didn't reinstall straight away you could rollback the system to a previous version in the advanced boot menu, or you could try a restore point prior to the update. These options don't always work but are a start.

No

>You either deleted the second partition because you booted without UEFI and couldn't install Windows 10
Prolly did that, but I did boot with UEFI but it still didn't allow me to install it because it was GPT partitioned

Let this be a lesson to you then.

windows literally has an undo updates option in its] startup repair now.

Unless your power goes out in the split second between copying old files and starting the update, or you have a 60GB hard drive with no room for restore I don't see how this could happen.

>reinstalling windows
Why would you come back after you have been set free?

what happened?
gates and his trash happened

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Partitions