Mfw too stupid to learn linux

>mfw too stupid to learn linux
who /windowsbrainlet/ here

Attached: monkey-on-computer.jpg (250x187, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.winehq.org/Wine_User's_Guide#How_to_install_and_run_Windows_programs
retractionwatch.com/2014/07/18/the-camel-doesnt-have-two-humps-programming-aptitude-test-canned-for-overzealous-conclusion/
wiki.t-o-f.info/uploads/EDM4600/The camel has two humps.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just use Mint then

Mainline distros are literally faster and easier to install than windows. Damn you're retarded user.

i used to be a brainlet, but my windows license expired(again) and i went :"wtf im full of this windows cracking bullshit". I installed ubuntu and doing stuff here is not that hard. i know programming and work with web dev witch makes it even more useful. try it out if your day to day programs can run natively on linux

>try it mint
>find out where the packet manager (whatever it's called) is and figure out how to install programs
>attempt to use wine
>"okay, so... it's asking for a bin file."
>"...which i have no idea where it is."
>"...and there's not a single fucking thing on google explaining where it is."
>"..."
>"...okay."
>*uninstall and roll back my windows backup

>i know programming
>is not that hard
GEEZ I WONDER WHY

>"packet manager"

I told you I'm a windows brainlet, user.

you don't know what a bin, aka binary, aka exe, aka executable file is?

>bin equals executable

>Wine: "Hey uhh so you need a .bin file to this thing or else I won't be able to do shit."
>*clicks on browse*
>*it points to fucking nowhere*
>Wine: "Gee idk man lmfao"

What the fuck are doing in Jow Forums? Anyone who is interested in tech and can't code at least on a very basic level is a complete hack.

>can't even explore a taskbar with explanations of each program, one of which explicitly tells you that you download programs therein
you're trolling, you nigger

>you are supposed to download every little shit you see in the package until it works
i see the linuxtards still have to learn a thing or two about "ease of use".

wiki.winehq.org/Wine_User's_Guide#How_to_install_and_run_Windows_programs

>package describes what it does
>installs the wrong one because he can't read

using linux is not difficult, it just takes a lot of patience

I can't learn to program. Everytime I get to any kind of "loop" i'm left completely speechless I have no idea how that works or how it should work. I've spent literally 3 weeks once studying FOR() and It just never clicked together.

Attached: pepega.png (300x300, 93K)

I hear this a lot, the (i=0;i

Wow, maybe think of filling yourself. Here is the logic in plain English:

In a for loop you want to do something a certain number of times, until a condition is met, then stop. For example, in real world I could say, "I want to eat my oatmeal until the bowl is empty, then stop." The condition there would be "bowl is empty." When that condition is met, I stop eating.

For loops work in the same way, and the most common basic for loops use a counter to track whether a condition has been met or not. For example, I take a counter, and set it to zero. I say, "I will stop counting when the counter is at five," then I count....1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Okay it's at 5, so i have stopped.

And that's really all a basic for loop does. It encloses a bunch of code and has a counter. For each count, it runs the code inside of the loop. Then, it raises the counter up, and checks to see if the end condition has been met:

for("initial counter value"; "do this to the counter"; "check this condition")

So for example

for(int i = 0; i = i+1; i

Distros like fedora almost hold your hand.
I mean, come on, if you don't need very specific software and just want your normalfag needs satisfied its quite the same.

thats ok you are a smart kid
try that in js
ara = ['part1','part2','part3'];
ara[0] = 'part1';
ara[1] = 'part2';
ara[2] = 'part3';
for(i=0;i

ill try it more easy to unserstand
/*the first time the loop run its look like that*/
for(i=0;i

Thats the reason in France there are exams for engineers on how good they can find and process the documentation.

I don't think patience can help me solve issues like this one, user.

>software literally throws you into a bunch of nothing
>>find and process the documentation.
It's pretty hard to "find and process the documentation" when the software itself gives me absolutely no documentation (i.e where and how I can find the required .bin file), you know.

From my experience with people like that nothing is going to help.
Their brains literally lack something. There was a study called "the camel has two humps" that covered this a bit.

We'll if you're using wine you're using something built for Windows and that something is almost certainly a garbage botnet or a video game. If that's the case, you're a pleb and shouldn't be on Jow Forums. Plebbit and Facebook would probably suit you better.

You are missing the find part of what i said. It doesnt really take alot to google linux wine usage documentation. You need to overcome that spoonfeeding mentality where you expect everything to be put in front of your eyes, most of linux is documentation like it or not

Quads of truth.

>expecting the program to flawlessly work is "spoonfeed mentality"
That's like blaming the end user for your lack of understanding in common sense and/or ease of use to make a fully functional software. In other words: using software as a way to teach "the laws of life" is the worst idea ever.

>tfw too smart to use Linux
Sorry Lincucks, I've been using it for years now and things just keep on breaking and not working. Like today I tried to compile a project I wrote a year ago with Code::Blocks and it just randomly wouldn't work and gave me obscure error messages I couldn't even google, even though it worked fine just a year ago on the same PC, with the same hardware, I just updated the distro in the meanwhile a few times. Linux is a cucked system that will randomy break and steal your time while you try to figure out trivial shit that shouldn't break to begin with.

This never, fucking ever happened to me on Windows. Every project I wrote on Windows even 10 years ago compiles fine today because the system is meant to be stable and it's meant to not waste your time.

Linschmucks can't get their shit together, it's a fine system for servers but on desktop it's a miserable experience either which way you turn it.

>in b4 angry linschmuck replies
I don't even care bro. Use Linux if you like it. I used it for 10 years elusively. I'm on Windows now for a good reason.

The program is working flawlessly you just dont understand what you have to do. For you its better to stay on windows

It's hard to understand "something" when there is nothing to understand, user.
Once again, lacking common sense and/or how to implement ease of use in your software does not make me dumb, user.

>ITT: casualfags versus autisticfags

I said google how to use it

Why don't you use google and search for "ease of use", then? Since you quite enjoy to skip the "ease of use" line everytime I talk about it. :^)

It doesn't matter what OS to use as long as you're comfortable with it and can program well on it.
You do program, right?

Just use while(). It's easier than for().

n-no?
>tfw too stupid to program

The camel really does have two humps.

Attached: brainlet.png (645x729, 77K)

pathetic bait, but ok

>autistic
>uses shitty linux
>think's he's masterrace for making shit harder than it needs to be

for (int i = 0; i < 100; i++){
}
is just a cleaner way to write
int i = 0;
while (i < 100) {
// do whatever
i++;
}

>packet manager

Attached: 7.png (400x400, 203K)

I use Linux when I need the performance (IE running on old hardware) or I'm setting up a machine to do one very specific thing that I won't have to touch after setting up. I would never use linux for my main desktop computer, I don't have anything to prove by using an operating system where there are no incentives to make things sensible or intuitive, and different components of the operating system are made by different people with no reason to make it all fit together well.
Command line arguments seem fine as a developer because it makes it much easier to mess with your program while you're making it, but nobody but autistic retards is going to want to bother learning all your stupid commands, make a fucking user interface, it's not rocket surgery in 2019.

>the camel has two humps
do you have a link to the test? I tried googling it but all I can find is blogs saying the study is bullshit

>certain number of times, until a condition is met, then stop. For example, in real world I could say, "I want to eat my oatmeal until the bowl is empty, then stop." The condition there would be "bowl is empty." When that condition is met, I stop eating.

Not really, the author never published the study, so it was never peer reviewed. He also later retracted.

retractionwatch.com/2014/07/18/the-camel-doesnt-have-two-humps-programming-aptitude-test-canned-for-overzealous-conclusion/

Duh, probably because it is.

Here's the paper typed beautifully in LaTex.
Still bullshit, tho.

wiki.t-o-f.info/uploads/EDM4600/The camel has two humps.pdf

Grandpa?