BSD

unixprogram.com/images/all.html

We always talk about Linux but never about BSD, what the fuck is this shit? how is it that this project is still around and what brings that Linux doesn't do better?

Attached: bsd-devilettes.jpg (1600x1200, 407K)

You act like it's a competition.
And like we don't already talk about BSD here.

It’s not as fun as Linux because it actually works. FreeBSD and variants are used all over the place, Netflix, basis for PS4 etc

Is it true FreeBSD is sponsored by CISCO to get free developers and beta testers?
Is it true it was denounced OpenBSD is backdoored by the FBI since years now?
Is it true big companies astroturf BSD license on the Internet?

Attached: lolbsd.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Yup

I enjoy BSD, bitches sucking dick.

>Is it true FreeBSD is sponsored by CISCO to get free developers and beta testers?
yes
>Is it true it was denounced OpenBSD is backdoored by the FBI since years now?
probably but no one knows for sure
>Is it true big companies astroturf BSD license on the Internet?
yes

They asked theo for a backdoor and he said „fuck off cia niggers“. I don‘t believe there is a backdoor, theo would more likely kill himself before helping these glow-in-the-dark-niggers

>theo would more likely kill himself before helping these glow-in-the-dark-niggers
i don't see him voluntarily adding a backdoor but that doesn't mean there isn't one

>probably but no one knows for sure
Actually we know Theo hacks people's OpenBSD installations when he wants.

Ironically, when FreeBSD finally started to give a shit about AMD graphics, I stopped giving a shit about FreeBSD because it became a cesspool of identity politics.
>b-but muh linux coc
Nowhere near as bad as what's going on with FreeBSD.

>never talk about BSD
because there isn't really that much to talk about.
>what is it / how is that project still around
The main difference between linux and BSD is not actually technical, it is political.
The linux kernel is licensed under GPLv2.
The BSD kernel is licensed under the BSD license.
The BSD license is better for businesses who don't want to share their contributions where the linux license is better for consumers.

Because it uses a cuck license pushed by corporations to get free labor.

Any source?

It does literally everything better than Linux. Just doesn't have the same level of adoption. It's not a "household name", even though it's actually inside far more devices. Probably due to the licensing, it never gets credit where credit is due.

All of OpenBSD was audited for backdoors and nothing was found

Pure bullshit unless you provide solid proof.

I was more interested about the technical aspects of that Kernel rather than a dumb licence, please stop speaking about licensing you all look like the SJW of Open Sores

Attached: BSDDom.jpg (343x600, 44K)

those package counts are dumb when you realize that debian tends to separate docs and libs

another reason i prefer openbsd

so this is the mythical Power Over Ethernet?

Attached: EthernetKiller.jpg (720x480, 101K)

Attached: 1547314002931.png (500x535, 147K)

All juniper devices also run on BSD. (Junos OS)

Attached: 1530969212491-a.jpg (685x700, 124K)

Audit the source, fuckface. They did and found nothing. The literally who that claimed there's a backdoor said that's why OpenBSD lost DARPA funding, when it was obviously because Theo spoke out against the Iraq war.
It's an old troll, "Theo hacked my router blablah".

In is more consistent because userspace and kernel are developed together, and some of its decisions in development means that it's faster for some things (extremely few things though, mostly edge-case-tier insignificant shit).
Other than that, it's crap all the way down. No drivers, no security, no software, not even proper virt. The only potential users are bored hobbyists on ancient hardware. Software available native to *BSDs are usually pre-alpha tier in terms of quality and still officially offered, for example. Pathetic.

Keyword: "basis for".
People copy-paste a BSD, close-source it, then basically rewrite the whole thing because it's crap.
They chose BSD because of the license and no other reason.