Now that the dust has settled

Was he right or wrong?

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LLTzpDFGWjI
anandtech.com/show/13852/amd-no-chiplet-apu-variant-on-matisse-cpu-tdp-range-same-as-ryzen2000
youtube.com/watch?v=PCdsTBsH-rI
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/af91x9/recent_ryzen_apu_discussions_no_chiplet_apu_etc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So far, it looks like he was more right than wrong. The best is yet to come.

What do you think?

Attached: 22.png (812x794, 71K)

>wrong about the announcement
>wrong about the prices
>wrong about the specs
>right about the amount of cores

Yeah he is totally right

>wrong about the announcement
yes
>wrong about the prices
>wrong about the specs
we don't know yet, amd said nothing about that

He's losing it. Tim mindfucked him so hard.

Attached: 896765.png (1103x158, 16K)

all his parts and prices were wrong, the only thing he got right was the chiplets design which was a coin toss after the new EPYC processors were revealed. Pretty sad considering all the doubling down he did.

Attached: 2.png (463x168, 17K)

exactly, we don't know yet because amd hasn't even decided on the price/specs yet, which means there was never a leak in the first place

The Deep State is REAL

youtube.com/watch?v=LLTzpDFGWjI

>amd hasn't even decided on the price/specs yet
not final specs and prices, but they must have had an idea for quite some time already, and that's what leaked. at this point we can only wait and see, but i'm pretty sure that amd is keeping a low profile for now.

>"Y- you owe me money for telling me to wait!!"
Imagine the minds of these people.

/thread

wrong about APU too

He was wrong about everything as it pertains to this event, but he could still be right about lineup and everything sans date.

He was wrong about the apus too

You don't know that yet

anandtech.com/show/13852/amd-no-chiplet-apu-variant-on-matisse-cpu-tdp-range-same-as-ryzen2000

He's lying but he has a decent common sense, so he was able to predict what AMD would do to a certain degree of accuracy.
His shit will fall apart when AMD announce the details and the names/clocks/prices don't match his table.
The ballpark will probably be correct, but the details will not match, and then he will say that "AMD changed it because that's how development works" and keep racking in patreon money.

The guy is a fucking NEET living off welfare in Sweden. Might as well believe anything some random user from Jow Forums says too

>amd is going to be announcing their whole lineup with prices at CES
>nothing is announced at CES
>I CAN STILL BE RIGHT GUYS
this guy is delusional

Did he specify that the apu and graphics die would be on THAT SAME chip design? If so yes he was wrong then

>again

Attached: 435.jpg (208x243, 8K)

lisa us on pcworld pretty much said that they will go UP from the 8 cores setup

so yeah we know FOR SURE the specs

He's wrong about announcements, everything else is still up in the air.

no we dont

>Single CPU chiplet can go up to eight cores
>Anyone and their grandmother can tell they can put two on each CPU
>The CEO hinted this will happen
>The board has weird textures where the second chiplet will go showing 8 cores around the cache in the center of the chiplet, basically an 8 core zeppelin chip
>We DON'T know for sure

You're a faggot

Jim was right in everything HE predicted would happen (excluding APU's if I'm not mistaken) and his leaks seem on point. AMD just chose to release everything later in the year. Probably they weren't ready yet. Everything, including NAVI is still happening though.

I was also waiting to shell out big money to AMD last week, I'm getting myself a Switch and I'm gonna wait out the shitstorm

Attached: P1020450-740x495.jpg (740x495, 38K)

>pic related is happening
lol okay m8

Attached: AMD-Radeon-RX-3080-specs.jpg (1200x675, 123K)

>says stuff are being announced at ces
>they dont
>BUT HES STILL RIGHT! HIS FANFIC CANT BE WRONG

Attached: 1547224529512s.jpg (125x106, 3K)

he was closest to the truth

Attached: ADORED.jpg (1165x789, 67K)

forgot link 4:49 6:05
youtube.com/watch?v=PCdsTBsH-rI

Okay wrong then, can't watch the video right now but I'll take your word for it.

Jesus Christ. Why do people keep listening to this retard?

Because he is the best tech journo on Youtube. Admittedly, a low bar to pass but still true

>I'm used to getting 20% performance improvements each generation at 140% the price I used to pay because I'm a newfag and I don't know any better

Jim will get his retribution for all of this come July

Attached: 1531765289866.png (2048x1356, 1.89M)

*btfos your fanfiction with hard facts and logic*

Attached: based.jpg (400x400, 44K)

I don't see them cannibalizing the radeon 7 with that NAVI card sadly.

We don't know for sure yet.

Who's Tim?

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/af91x9/recent_ryzen_apu_discussions_no_chiplet_apu_etc/

Attached: 1547224529512s.jpg (680x303, 82K)

Lol no he got btfo

Attached: Screenshot_20190109-170254_Clover.jpg (1432x1879, 815K)

What's his endgame? Shitposting for the lulz? Is he an intel agent?

Attached: Thinking Ren.png (290x290, 173K)

Attached: LUL.png (1302x839, 840K)

Can someone give me a tl;dr version of this shit? This video is too long for me to give a shit about without knowing if it's real or not going into it.

>But I had an idea - hear me out.
literally a shill phrase
I hope he doesn't kill himself. Scotland really have depressed induce weather

Inconclusive.

AMD was light on details he tried to say.

He wasn't wrong, but he's not proven right yet.

Its called trying to save face because he lives on patreon money and his welfare benefits.

post this in the amd subreddit

This isnt even true you retards there will be another chiplet.

Cope

There's not too many of them in the first place.

Because he's the biggest AMDrone there is- not meant as an insult, purely as a classification- and people want to believe.

Off course they will. The Radeon 7 won't sell shit, and what it does sell, it's so expensive to make on the, now new silicon, AND quad stack of HBM2 that they won't make any sizeable profit from it. And they already KNOW all of this, the Vega 7 is a desperate attempt at capturing mind share, headlines.

He has a decent common sense that gets confused with "having all the sources"

>being this clueless
These are MI50 candidates that didn't pass muster. They aren't being made for gaymers, they're minimizing losses for production of enterprise parts.

Sorry, but i'm here to burst everyone.
The table is fake, but there will be a 16 core ryzen because the interposer do have the slot for it.
There won't be an 16 core APU because AMD will most likely use this second slot for an 80mm2 GPU.

this
no server guy want 300w underperform expensive 7nm die

There is no interposer here, and AMD is not producing a chiplet APU. There is no GPU chiplet going on the Matisse package.

r3 6 cores
r5 8 cores
r7 12 cores

that will be the lineup. 16 cores possible next year when intel launches cunny cove. its pretty obvious that this will happen.
im worried about pricing now that amd can finally say their cpus are better than intel's, especially after seeing this 700 bucks vega

vega 2 used very early 7nm HPC node
maybe they can optimize the cost year after

r3 4 cores
r5 6 cores
r7 8 cores
r9 12 cores

Ftfy

i think the r9 will be their "back/extreme" edition with 16 cores, but maybe youre right

See? second infinity fabric connector thing.
The I/O interposer is handling the "lack of pins for 16 cores on ryzen".
And i think AMD will just drop a GPU instead of a second chiplet there on the APUs.
The I/O die probably already have the support for it and just need to have fuse blown or something.
It's the cheapest solution i can think of, so probably the correct one.

Attached: 1547259495465.png (2960x1440, 2.28M)

>already confirmed there wont be a gpu chiplet
>i still think they will do it
can you stop

>assuming there will be an R9 at all
16 core - R7 3900X
12 core - R7 3800X
8 core - R7 3700X - highest clocked part
6 core - R5 XXXX
4 core -R3 XXXX

The highest core count parts will probably be $700 with the 3700X being $500 at launch.
Honestly AMD should change things to R4/R6/R8 just to make Adored look like an even bigger retard.

Why do you keep trying to use words you don't understand?
There is no interposer on this package.
There is no chiplet APU, AMD's Zen2 APUs are still monolithic dies.

There's no Zen2 APUs yet, not even a sign of em. What there are are Zen+ APUs, and as you correctly state, they're monolithic dies.
This on the picture is the Ryzen 3/Zen2 desktop chip, and it has a I/O die and a chiplet, and connections for a second chiplet.

Wrong, the fags obviously baiting for views.

His shits just like the 1000s of videos that people make of "legit" GTA6 leaks where it's just some neet naming what they want in the product mixed with random speculation.

Wasn't a 12 core ES spotted last month by that datamining guy? I still think 12c will be the max core count THIS year, with 16 possible next year.
>500 bucks when the 9900k is 530 right now
Doubt it

>being this mindnumbingly retarded
Anandtech's journalist present at CES directly asked SU if there was a GPU chiplet going on Matisse. She said no.
There are no chiplet APUs coming for Zen2.
Stop trying to post here when you're so utterly clueless about everything.

Anandtech and Lisa Su are wrong, adoredtv is right, he has inside info.

>was he right or wrong?
>thought that everything would be revealed at CES
>completely misses the mark
There's still the chance that the specs are true, but he created a lot of hype for something that wont be revealed until computex.

FUCK HE GOT TRIPS
QUICK MOAR NIGGAHURTZ MOAR WATTS

Attached: 1547299332313.png (679x397, 206K)

Yes a 12 core part's ID was spotted, that isn't a big surprise to anyone.
Look at AMD's financials for all of 2018. They have strong CPU sales now, both consumer and enterprise, and they're just barely having profits trickle in. They're nowhere near where they need to be. The only way AMD is going to go forward is to increase margins, especially since they're shipping 7nm silicon thats more expensive to design and produce than ever. They'll have to increase prices at some point.

The 3300G and 3500G don't exist, confirmed by amd. It pretty much shows that his specs were made up on the spot.
I can't believe the guy is still making videos and insulting other youtubers when his leak fell apart at ces.

kek
is right
you are also right, how are you even arguing when you're both saying the same thing?

Googled a bit and yes, you're correct.
I wasn't expecting the journos to have the same speculation AND having asked that and being deconfirmed and shit.

>navi
>AMD didn't even say anything about navi
>"b-but the leaks weren't real!"
Yeah, the announcement dates were completely wrong, but that doesn't mean that the specs aren't.

Do you doubt that clocks/prices will change more than 6 months after the table was released?
Not sure why you're mad about him earning money.

If the CES cpu was indeed a "r5 3600" there is no way in hell that they sell it for $180

>they reveal a $700 vega 64+25%
>somehow they will also release a $250 vega 64+15%
Are you dumb? That's like 2 years away

If there was a new GPU getting ready to launch it would show up in a bench database online somewhere. People datamine constantly looking at new entries. There hasn't been a new part which has slipped past autistic internet detectives unnoticed in years.
When dies are completed, when they're actually in volume production, they're shipping across the ocean in massive trays, entire containers full of them. Port authorities get shipping manifests detailing the cargo, and the part names aren't obscured on these. You can find all kinds of clickbait headline grabbing articles from places like Videocardz where they start rampant speculation about new GPUs/CPUs coming out because they were spotted in shipping manifests. This is a common occurrence.

Absolutely none of this happened with Navi. Not a single thing about Navi has been said, it hasn't been spotted anywhere. In reality what this means is that if AMD has any Navi silicon in hand at all its nothing more than a couple test chips. Its nowhere near volume production, which means that it never would have been slated for a release date at all.
Adored didn't have a leak. This is his own bullshit speculation and it isn't based on anything.
Stop trying to defend a fucking Scottish NEET.

Chiplet APU - dead wrong
Navi announcement - dead wrong
Zen2 SKUs announcement - dead wrong, AMD only had ES silicon on hand, not even final silicon
Release dates, SKU names, prices - all made up bullshit
Adored is a NEET who lies to retards on the internet to supplement his welfare benefits.

AMD is clearly a charity that exists to make fanboys feel good, not to actually earn a profit and provide returns to investors.

I think the table is entirely false.
But as people was being completely braindead retarded, doing things such as betting that AMD would just show the Zen+ APUs at CES, he reaped the fruits of having some common sense.

cope intel shills

Go back to damage control on reddit/twitter, Adored.

>Stop trying to defend a fucking Scottish NEET.
adoretard often pretends to be some user here to defend his bullshit. You can't reason with a retard whose livelihood depends on spreading his clickbait shit. He's also leeching foreign welfare system in Sweden. Literally refugee tier piece of shit.

I'm not a intel shill, if anyhing i'm pointing out that Adored reaped off the retard of the intel shills.

Go back to with the other children who eat up adoreds clickb8

yet he stickied all the yt comments sucking him off for being right lmao

The table hasn't been entirely debunked at all yet. The only thing that was specifically wrong was that the 8 core parts would have two chiplets. Which isn't impossible as there might be a part with 8 cores and 64cache somewhere in the lineup but having one chiplet on R3 anr R5 makes manufacturing sense.

The zen2 apus are up in the air still, but I also think they're more wrong. There's no way a small navi die will fit on am4 and feeding the gpu bandwidth through the interconnect and then through ddr4 isn't going to choke. I'd hope the relatively huge IO die has some token gpu cores on it (even 3 would be enough or up to 11 to match RR) and the future apu is either gpu+IO chiplet or a single soc die. In short the 7nm apu and navi gpus were always later in 2019.

proof?

>So far, it looks like he was more right than wrong.
>Wrong about the only thing we know for sure
Are you retarded

50w tdp up to r5

they said they're keeping the same tdps, so 65w for r5 non x

>all his parts and prices were wrong
We don't know yet, unless you know something nobody else does.

>r3 4 cores
Only if yields are atrocious, which I highly doubt. And even if they do it, it'll be under the Athlon name instead of Ryzen

There will be no 4 core Zen2, since selling at that price point is probably not profitable with a chiplet design. They will cover the lowend with current Zen+ 12nm APUs.

Highly binned parts are for minimizing losses, not turning a profit. Functional dies with only 4 active cores will be produced, and AMD will sell them rather than throw them away.
Learn the basics of binning, scrub.

Not if you have to pay for a fully functional IO die to go with a half arsed chip you tard.

The 14nm IO die is the least expensive part of the package. Don't try to talk out of your ass.

The IO die is quite a bit larger, than the chiplet. It'll probably be somewhere around half the price of a single 7nm chiplet. I bet they will be selling 8 core parts composed of 2 4 core chiplets and then charge you 250$ for it instead of 100$. There's just no point to do 4 core parts.

The Bridge Chip is a low power part, not built with vt favoring high performance logic. Its dirt cheap. Theres more expense in the package substrate and assembly itself.
AMD still has SKUs tailored to the 3rd world, places in backwoods Asia, and South America. The market for 4 core parts still exists. They're going to sell 4 core parts.