/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: __nakano_miku_go_toubun_no_hanayome_drawn_by_yukishiro_arute__53838f8a9bfc8609fae357ec8f8fcaef.jpg (885x1252, 921K)

Other urls found in this thread:

europe.beyerdynamic.com/catalog/product/view/id/1000/
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for mudcannons

Attached: mud.png (900x520, 42K)

Considering buying IEMs, was testing out my Oneplus 5 as a source with my hd6xxs and headphone amp seeing if it would be worth it.
The oneplus 5 headphone jack output sounds significantly worse than my desktop computer. Is it because of a crappy DAC? Is it worth it to get spendy on IEMs for phone headphone outputs?

third for bright garbage

Attached: frequency-response-graph.png (900x520, 52K)

>That peak

Yikes

5th for katzendynamic

Attached: katzendynamic.jpg (750x726, 38K)

fourth for brickwalling

Attached: 1545763708288.png (1313x438, 48K)

>dat excellent neutral response with god tier channel matching
>shit response with huge deviations on each driver and the LOL K2 treble peak

WHERE ARE HER FEET

harmantardon...

Here's my opinion on the HD 600 vs DT 880.

I used the DT 880 from 2013 to 2016. Then I bought the HD 600, which I've been using since then. Both headphones have been used for three years.

I loved the HD 600 since the first hearing. I think the HD 600 are better in every aspect: comfort, bass, mids and treble. I don't think the HD 600 are veiled at all, but the DT 880 are bright and a bit harsh.

I won't say the DT 880 bad, since these are 120€ cheaper than the HD 600. But I would recommend to expend a little more and buy the HD 600.

Before calling me a "shill"... At least I actually own the headphones I'm talking about. I can't believe so many people argue about headphones they didn't even hear once.

Attached: 1.jpg (1024x768, 375K)

Fuck off

Fun fact: The HD 600 are like new, while the DT 880 did snap and the headband buttons are rusty

Attached: 2.jpg (1024x768, 369K)

Incoming Beyersremorse.

The answer is to buy neither because both are harmantardon trash.

NO YOU FUCK OFF

Yes, I've been telling /hpg/ for years that the HD600/HD650 are the most durable of the oldschool trio family of headphones that are recommended here: DT880/K701/HD600 variants. DT880's gimbals wear out eventually. Same thing happened to mine, but it's still usable. And the plastic slider on the K701 wears cracks too, it's also still usable. Meanwhile the only visible thing that's worn on my HD600 are the pads.

>salty 1990 owner mad cuz both of the 880 and 600 shit on his overpriced treblecannons

pls respond

>DT880's gimbals wear out eventually.
europe.beyerdynamic.com/catalog/product/view/id/1000/

its probably lacking volume for the hd6xx

Attached: gsmarena_a002.png (725x314, 4K)

S for Schiit.

Attached: BB8656FB-51FE-43EC-862A-F04CE8D411AA.jpg (600x360, 11K)

snapheiserons btfo

>At least I actually own the headphones I'm talking about.
I also own a Senn and I definitely don't recommend them.

Attached: shnaps.jpg (3375x1932, 932K)

HD6xx family of headphones are completely modular you retard

>can't afford paper and a good camera
Opinion discarded, you probably have shit hearing as well.

When is based Schiit going to release Magni 4 to BTFO JDS Atom?

>>can't afford paper
the absolute state of the delusions of sennheiser retards

Just a friendly reminder that Stax headphones are audiophool garbage.

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

Even best Stax headphones sound objectively worse than mid-fi, kek

Attached: 1546498796183.png (1027x1369, 784K)

based and objectivepilled

Abusing shit headphones for the fun of it. And yes, they don't really snap, still fun nevertheless.

Attached: lolheiser123.jpg (2445x959, 462K)

I don’t own a 1990 though?

yeah but they look cool

How did they do?

Attached: Surface Headphones.jpg (700x394, 23K)

Although I love my HD 600, I did hear the HD 6XX and I didn't like them. The HD 6XX (and, therefore, the HD 650) felt a bit veiled to me.

Attached: surface.png (1095x816, 178K)

>Spend lots of money on good audio equipment
>The music you listen to is fucking terribly mixed and recorded
every time

I have to disagree Since I own K701 and I didnt even use it When all I had was other Dynamic Cans IE. K400 DT880 Pioneer Monitor 10

Attached: 20190111_232154.jpg (4032x3024, 3.64M)

cute drawing of me

bruh that 4k sinkhole

Yup yup, K701 are unlistenable on many modern music genres. The 2khz peak gives them a character not dissimilar to Grado, just less bad. The lack of bass contributes too.

can you comment on the soundstage of the k701 vs an older lambda? I mentioned to an user here that my friend noticed his modern one had a much larger soundstage

>blame good headphones for revealing all the flaws of your shit music
>shill veiled mudcannons because they mask them

OwO I'm that user.

>Yes, I've been telling /hpg/ for years
You've also been here telling everyone that the hd600 is the greatest headphone in the universe without having tried them all, haven't you? Neck yourself already. Don't pretend to act like your opinion is valid or has been ignored when you have smeared the hd600 through the mud with your shitposting.

well Id say its pretty good

>smeared the hd600 through the mud
Smeared mud with mud? Is this a pissing into a lake of piss kinda deal?

that's pretty nondescript my dude

Well, I picked the 650 out of the two when I wanted to experience midfi Sennshit because I had heard about the 600 being utterly bassless which is a dealbreaker for me. The unfortunate thing is that the HD650 is also bassless. Even with the slight more treble the 600 would have, there is absolutely no way whatsoever that I would ever consider listening to either headphones. Ultimately the biggest value in owning a 6 series and listening to it every once in a while before packing it back in the box out of disgust is to have a reference to know who's full of shit and who's not, as every single person reviewing headphones in this world makes comparisons to those headphones and those who talk favorably of them I am sure to ignore their opinions on future purchases.

Yeah, they sounded so much like the XM3's, excessive bass.

yeah it is wtf.
why do people like this exist

HD600 has a preference rating of 92, this makes it objectively the greatest headphone in the universe.

This. I bought a 6XX blind and holy shit it is unexaggerated mud. The imaging is just not there and the soundstage being closedback tier doesn’t help at all. And it still wows me how such a lower mids oriented headphone can suck so much cock at subbass. It just sounds so fucking weird. The 6 series is definitely not Sennheiser’s strong suit.

Is B&Oa good choice for headphones at all?

Attached: h9i_beoplay_bluetooth_headset_1387125.jpg (2500x2500, 531K)

Yeap, I was right. Your opinions are unimportant. So much so that they are even filtered. Not sure why I bothered to uncollapse to read your post. Next time don't try to subvert /hpg/ because people know when they are being lied to. mud memes and snapheiser memes wouldn't be popular in the first place if you weren't a disingenuous fag

Just buy beats

Why do you keep posting about fashion cans.

Attached: BO.png (1200x761, 144K)

jesus christ how horrible

this is pretty funny but now post the hd600 graph so we can have a hearty laugh

uhh sorry I havent really had a Wide library of music to test them with Just now Redownloading my entire 3TB library

Amazing how the driver matching is so bad that one has a black hole at 7k and the other has a portal to an alternate reality at 8k

It does put into perspective various brand disputes of /hpg/. I mean, sure I hate sennheiser, but I'd take the shittiest sennheiser over the most expensive B&O any day of the week.

I love how mad you are.
*Enjoys music on my HD600 with pure distilled fidelity*

Never!

But you’re buying B&O which is the same shit?

>I love how mad you are.
Hmm. Are we playing this game now?

Attached: sapphire.png (1581x543, 98K)

How is this even legal? Shouldn't there be some laws normalizing sound quality somehow? That shit is actual audio terrorism.

>Amazing how the driver matching is so bad that one has a black hole at 7k and the other has a portal to an alternate reality at 8k
Imagine H9 are $400 headphones.

It has far superior build and no muddy bass. Very comfortable and guaranteed to last for a long time with portable use.

What's a good bitrate for opus?
Trying out 128kbps and I literally can't tell which is which in ABX. Not even memeing here and I've got a pretty decent setup too.
Could probably go down to 96kbps and be more than fine for car and earbud playback.

You seem really upset, user.
*Still continues to enjoy HD600 aka the world's greatest headphone at any price*

Whats a nice audio player for under 40 bucks that supports FLAC and Opus?

These things however are just the enemy of comfort.

Attached: B&W PX.jpg (2809x4712, 1.28M)

It’s fine because the people buying these don’t actually buy them for sound quality. They buy them to look cool in front of their faggot friends before they go out to watch the latest capeshit movie and then go home to fuck each other in the butt.

you can see her PUSSY LIPS

I was with you until the last part, what's wrong with a little butt play?

Also no, I'm just recommending them for one of my rich relatives so she can stop using Beats.

They might have no muddy bass but they definitely don’t have non-muddy anything else.
>guaranteed to last for a long time with portable use.
I have a log of shit that’s guaranteed to last a while too, wanna keep it in your freezer and eat it tomorrow?

user, the purpose of pointing out whether someone is mad or upset is to make them seem too invested in whatever they are doing. It's pointing out how autistic someone is and that's why its used to mock people for being pathetic.

However, I can think of no one more invested than you who has been doing this for 4 years repeating the same phrases over and over only to have his favorite headphone made fun of.

Tell her to keep using them since they’re cheaper and also sound like garbage. May as well pay less for trash if you have to pay for it.

I agree with the latter user, nothing wrong with a little buttfucking and sissyplay.

Oh wow, user, you must be really amazing if you know the identity of anonymous posters uguu~

Can someone reply to this?

You must be pretty "amazing" as well to have nothing better to do than post the same thing for 4 years straight. You are welcome to post your setup as always.

What's a mudcannon? never heard of those headphones.

Just a reminder to you boomers that true wireless is the future.

Attached: jabra-elite-active-65t-review-7-1500x1000.jpg (1500x1000, 147K)

I agree, it's way too sibliant for normal use.
But there's always EQ's aren't there?

Eh, the only reason I looked in the direction of B&O is that they have an excellent build with better materials than most and they're made for the fashion-sensitive (which she is, being a woman & all).

If she didn't care about that I'd just have gone straight for Sennheiser or Audio-Technica since those last long as well as have good audio for non-audiophiles.

Why not recommend Bose instead if you need to recommend something mainstream and 'cool'?

Sennheiser HD600

She already had Bose (QC15), said she didn't like it.
Also the Parrot Zik's, not sure what happened to those though.

It's just that she can drop $500 on headphones no problem and I want to get something that won't encounter issues too quickly.

>woman
>EQ
HA
HA
HA
>they have an excellent build with better materials than most and they're made for the fashion-sensitive
Just fucking buy Beats dude, no one is going to pay attention to the sound quality and both of them look like gaudy modernist crap so it literally does not matter aside from reducing the money wasted on them.

five CUTE facts about Maki:
-she's a girl!!
-she's a tomato!!!
-I love her!!
-Maki!!!!!!!11!!!!!!

Attached: cp.jpg (600x450, 41K)

Didn't say she'd be the one setting it, that's where I come in. And that's it.

One is objectively better than the other though.

They bad or what? I was gonna get the HD 800S because I want a nice open back with big ear pads for my jumbo ears.

Red pill me on massdrop. Seems like good deals - what’s the catch?

>HD 800S
Literally the best headphone that money can buy.

>that's where I come in.
You’d be lucky if any normalfag even had an EQ app on their phone that isn’t their fucking iPhone EQ presets, much less women.
>One is objectively better than the other though.
Having AIDS is objectively better than having Ebola but I would still rather not pay to have either.

Didn't like what? the sound or the look?
Never heard the QC15 though, so maybe it was much worse than the 35.

I was tempted to suggest maybe the Beyer Aventho but this might not be flamboyant enough for a fashionista.

iCraps don't even give you the possibility to set a system wide PEQ, so the only shit you can EQ is your local music collection played through the one specific app.

Yeah, so I thought too. Thanks lad.