So raytracing™ is new physx™

so raytracing™ is new physx™

Attached: 1546398809762.jpg (736x856, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6owqvwty_UQ&feature=youtu.be
pcworld.com/article/3332205/amd/amd-ceo-lisa-su-interview-ryzen-raytracing-radeon.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She should get braces.

>she

do you even understand what you're saying?

No, ray tracing is not some new proprietary Nvidia technology like a lot of people seem to believe for some reason, it's a rendering method which was first presented in 1968 and used in CGI for virtually every movie since over a decade ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=6owqvwty_UQ&feature=youtu.be

Attached: 1280px-Ray_trace_diagram.svg.png (1280x851, 154K)

No, raytracing is great.

REALTIME raytracing however is like hairworks, g sync and GPP rolled into one.

Still, the only games implementing it are using the proprietary Nvidia RTX over NVAPI. Meaning that Raytracing on games in it's current state, like Physx, it's a vendor locked feature.

RTX is the new tessellation. Expect a few GoyWorks powered games to completely abuse it just to sell more top end Nvidia cards (see Crysis 2).

AMD is developing GPUs for real-time ray tracing right now. Hopefully in the future we will see a standardized platform that doesn't require one vendor or the other.

pcworld.com/article/3332205/amd/amd-ceo-lisa-su-interview-ryzen-raytracing-radeon.html

whos that

i would fuck those fluffy lips and throat

>in the future
DirectX Raytracing exists NOW and Khronos is working on an equivalent for Vulkan.

>raytracing
>new

IT
JUST
WORKS

Attached: DPrzxdQWAAA_CAF.jpg (1892x1296, 606K)

>the only games implementing it are using the proprietary Nvidia RTX over NVAPI
Are you sure? The only game using it is BF5 and as far as I'm aware it's doing it through DXR, as in DirectX Raytracing, so not through NVAPI.

Stop niggerposting.

nvidia's raytracing is
the raytracing implementation that will gain traction though is not, seeing as developers have to work in amd's ecosystem for their primary audience, the console users

>Hopefully in the future we will see a standardized platform
Don't hold your breath.

Stop cumskinposting.
ftfy

raytracing is the only future for graphics. Rasterization is running out of tricks. Probably 10 years before fully raytraced games arrive.

cant wait to play battlefield XV

i'll bite OP

raytracing has more to do with the generation of images and physx was a library for physics that needed to be calculated by separate hardware when eventually GPUs started coming with it. i mean if you want to write things off just as fads and leave out a lot of information that's fine. it's a good way to get (You)s