How?

How?

Attached: large.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How?

Attached: Floppy_Disk_3_5_inch_1000_0001.jpg (1000x870, 75K)

Magic

atomic gnomes

Pretty easy

Attached: floppy-disk-track.jpg (329x333, 31K)

moore's law. It's ending soon, so microSDs might max out at some disappointingly small value.

Harro Mr. American. Me sell MP3 disk low price. 100% percent legit seller A+++++

Attached: 1546725633240.png (724x611, 102K)

Moore's law is about transistors. Do SD cards contain transistors?

Pic related is me because I genuinely don't have a clue

Attached: 1547227985228.png (208x326, 40K)

Yes they do

Attached: sdcard.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Moore's law is a shitty meme from electrical engineering, but what is really is talking about is smallest feature size, not transistors specifically, although it is a natural outcome and often associated with it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory
>In flash memory, each memory cell resembles a standardmetal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistor (MOSFET)except that the transistor has two gates instead of one.
And regardless, Moore's law is applicable to any similar trend since it's just an observation about when the count doubles.

kek

Fucking magnets! How do they work?

The real question is isn't "how?" but "why?" Why is it so fucking small when you can make a massive one that is fairly thin and place it along one inside wall of whatever cover the device uses?

>Moore's law

What is this fucking normie popsci shit?

Attached: Untitled.png (272x223, 100K)

>disappointingly small
nigga WHY DO YOU NEED A 1TB MICROSD

And I don't wanna talk to a scientist. Those motherfuckers lying, and getting me pissed

Feels like just yesterday I was the shit for having a 128MB microSD card in my Nokia.

Attached: B7f2_OECEAAyijj.jpg (545x362, 32K)

>rewind 20 years ago
>nigga WHY DO YOU NEED A 120GB HARD DRIVE

What are you going to fill 1tb up with in a microsd?
4k video? We're reaching the point of diminishing returns as far as video goes

The trick is it shows up as having 512GB capacity, but when you try to write to it it just overwrites the same small chunk of flash memory repeatedly. Don't be fooled - purchase from reputable sellers only.

nigga the integral is legit

We haven’t been on trend for Moore’s law in years because there’s no economic pressure to follow it.
Also the theoretic maximum info density of space is so high that were like 200k years of Moore’s Theory away from reaching it at this pace.

You do know there are "legit" sd cards with 512GB storage, right?

>t. chinkshit shills

Microsd is multi-purpose, it needs to stay small so that many SFF PCBs are able to accommodate it. Making a custom flash cart for every device would be insanely expensive, which is why SD is a thing in the first place.
Moore's law was observed in the 1960s, you're about 55 years late to the party

Based and miraclepilled

>mfw

Attached: magnets.jpg (607x472, 36K)

integration you dumdum!

just admit you were wrong retard - it's not embarrassing.

Check'd

>it's not NVMe SD Express
Garbage

i literally dug this meme up from grave yesterday in and now Jow Forums is fucking magnets

kek

Transient free-radical anti-oxidents when ionized create magnetic fields that are then permitized by heat and salty coins.

So i can put my racist cartoon frog collection on my phone.

Attached: 5bea62e825c710.35068132.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

I remember getting exited as fuck getting a 2GB SD card for my Nokia and loading it with shitty teenager metal.

I remember 256MB SD cards were like, woah dude 256 fucking MB duuude that's insane wtfffffff

Funny how that wasn't even that long ago

Attached: seinfeld the contest.jpg (620x368, 26K)

Don't believe this shit.
This just makes a connection and authenticate in a remote server to store your files in the cloud.
Avoid this botnet.

Attached: 000ooo.jpg (250x240, 6K)

That's nothing. Today through an advanced miniaturization technology known as fraud, you can get up to 2 TB onto a card the size of a thumbnail.

Attached: Screenshot_20190112-204510_Firefox.jpg (1440x2560, 379K)

Quads trips of bubs

I have a 200gig one. It's pretty nice.

>SunDisk

have you bought one and confirmed that it can hold 2TB?

this. just large enough for me to back up my SSD.

Attached: 20181231_191234.jpg (1024x1365, 143K)

>ebay
>fake img
seems legit

Videos and images get compressed to hell so no shit it's hard to fill 1 TB with them. If we had better storage then you could just take raw photos all the time without worrying about storage, or raw videos which you could later compress using better quality presets on your main machine instead of trying to encode 4K video in real time on an anemic quad-core ARM chip in a device that runs from a battery.

>gets lost
Heh, nothin personal kiddo

That text looks totally legit

>"fraud"
>is it legit?
you should buy one and find out

I had one of the badass flash drives back in '02, a 128MB. Memorex I think was the brand. I lost it filled with loli

SanDusk

I don't know but it's great. Use them to back up all my files.

Is this bait? Flash storage isn't for backup/archival, as it requires constant power and low wear to preserve data integrity, and SD cards have terrible wear tolerance and basically can die at any time.

Idk worms fine for me. I've got 12TB backed up on a bunch of them that I keep in a box in the freezer.

>I keep in a box in the freezer
That's good, but thermal fluctuations can cause damage.

why is everything getting more effective except batteries?

My average house temperature is 2-4C. Ofcourse I'm careful when taking out.

>and salty coins.

Attached: Skeleton_laugh_.gif (400x200, 245K)

This stuff blows my mind too. You could literally take all written works of man, and digitized photos of probably all the artwork as well from before 1900 and fit it on that thing about the size of a fingernail.

Attached: Sufficiently-Advanced-Technology.jpg (800x500, 81K)

People make this exact same "deep" post so much that all of them wouldn't fit on an SD card

Stand aside, bucko.

Attached: 01d4e9d473e3557fb2ad72eaac396b25a2a84e1d05.jpg (1537x2049, 584K)

What are uSD's using these days? Are they even at 14nm?
Additionally, unlike CPU's, you can more or less stack flash nand as much as you fucking want. Get the wafer thin enough and you'll have 100-200 layers easily

Because they fit into any device, including a USB-A connector
4k-8k video, dashcams (lower total writes per cell)

Nigga 400GB cards have been around since last year.
Rather than doing base-2 jumps, they do intermediate jumps now. It went 128, 200, 256, 400, 512, now either 600 or 800, before either a half binary jump of 768 or a full binary jump of 1024

These fuckers are dumb.

Listen if you want to expand the transistors to 2 TB all you need is a linux machine.
>insert the usb
>mkfs.ext2 /dev/sda & mkfs.ext2 /dev/sdb
Are you technologically illiterate?

>using an SD card as a backup

holy shit dude no. that's like backing up to a floppy drive. those things don't last.

None of these are real. It should be common knowledge by now but the actual space on those fake cards is exactly what you're paying for

Do flash drives last longer? What's a good long term backup solution?

i have like 1tb of images right now would be nice to put it on a microsd

redundant spinny rust disks + a robust filesystem like zfs + regular backups

>it requires constant power
Nigger what

Gates leak electrons over time, the faster the higher the temperature.

Moore's law is from CE.
t. EE

End yourself mental nigger