$1,600

>$1,600
I fucking hate boomers so god damn much.

Attached: trinitron.png (1095x523, 335K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bhphotovideo.com/c/search?ci=25766&fct=fct_aspect-ratio_960|4-3&N=3878805756
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a tech minded boomer wouldn't sell

that's most likely an opportunistic zoomer cashing in on the nostalgia fad his generation created and so often jerks off to

>asking price is market price
God I hate retards so fucking much
lrn2market, faggot

t. Threw away his CRT monitor in a landfill and now mad

Why would you pay so much for that ugly, low res piece of shit when you could buy something insanely better for half the cost?

>tfw you have a basement full of professional CRTs

Nobody will buy this piece of shit

Attached: dogthatshouldnotfuckingexist.jpg (378x387, 48K)

Because there is content that looks better on it
Of course nobody is going to buy it for that price though when you can get one for 5 bucks or free for just pickup

please user, i'm desperate

>1600x1200@85Hz

Eh, not class-leading or anything even when it was new. Samsung 1200NF does 2048x1536@75Hz.

This shit is overrated as fuck. Any modern VA panel is vastly better.

user what should I use for playing ancient games on an old computer though? They don't make 4:3 LCDs anymore, and LCDs tend to look pretty awful at any non-native resolution anyway.

T. Never owned a crt PC monitor.

Fuck I bought 22 incher for 5 bux. Unused because the girl it was bought for didn't want it because back then all the cool kids had flat panels.

Are you in the EU? I'll give you one with a Trinitron tube for free if you come pick it up yourself.

At the point of paying $1650 for a single CRT, it's better buying any VA indeed.

VA is failed technology. Call me when VA has no ghosting and response times that are not absolute shit. And I mean actual response times, not advertised.

Nobody is buying that CRT for that price.
There's a big difference from asking g price, and selling price. I believe that that specific CRT will go unsold.
My CRTs that are similar was bought for $50, and that's, because I told the guy that that's how much I would pay if he drove it to me.

When did this meme get going? People have been spamming CRT bait threads on /v/ recently out of seemingly nowhere

Attached: 1547212837623.jpg (827x960, 40K)

nah, i'm a dirty, dirty american. I hate to think about the fact that there are warehouses full of the things just sitting...

Don't go for that one, I think that guy just has his there just for fun. I got a better crt on ebay for $200. Just keep looking.

I'm convinced some people list worthless shit on ebay as some sort of tax evasion or automatic trading bot trap or something

There are people throwing amiibos on there for $10,000 when everyone has them available for like 10 bucks. It's the same thing with some textbooks too, everyone selling them for $10 and one listing at $2,534.43

U mad

>broke ass hipster zoomer can't afford deprecated hardware
>it's boomers fault
got it.

>VA
Nope. No type of LCD matches CRT on either response time or black levels, at least so long as you're not one of those fags that shine a flashlight into it and bitch about the glare being a high black level.

Micro LED on the other hand should outdo CRT on almost everything when it's ready.

Just wait for quantum dot microled panels

Just imagine some zoomer getting his mum to buy him of of these meme screens for this much, only to get it home and find out how badly it performs in terms of clarity and black levels compared to current LCDs.

What drawback will this technology have like all new monitor techs?

I guarantee you the person selling this thinks it is a computer
And that's probably about what they paid for the computer/monitor/keyboard/mouse in 1998
And since it still works like it did when it was new, it is therefore worth $1600, like when it was new
I work with people like this
They run their entire business on WinXP and a spacious 40GB hard drive

>CRT
>Bad black levels

CRTs are peak Reddit.

>Hi, I need to get remoted in on your server
>Do you know where it is located?
>"I think that's in back, but it doesn't have a computer"
>Wha..?
>"It's just a box, but there's no computer screen on it"

That's right, zoomer. Contrary to what that youtuber told you, CRTs have terrible black performance comparable to that of projectors.

Attached: IMG_8515.jpg (800x600, 103K)

why

Literally none, and I mean that unironically.
A true quantum dot (not the quasi quantum dot tech used in TVs currently) MicroLED panel would be literally (as in actually) perfect. There was one of those daily SAMSUNG FTW threads earlier and someone actually posted the technical details regarding true quantum dot tech and the feasibility of combining it with MicroLED panels.

The absolute state of CRTcucks

I want to go back

Attached: 1547245399909.jpg (1831x504, 245K)

CRT only has good black levels in a pitch black basement, having any ambient light will ruin the black levels of CRT.
The only advantage CRTs have over LCDs is the vastly superior motion quality.

>Using flash to prove a point
Whoever does that deserves a flashbang in ass.

Normal ceiling lights or sunlight have the same effect. You have to treat a CRT the same as you would a projector if you want it to have blacks that aren't considerably worse than LCD's.

Attached: LL.jpg (1024x768, 80K)

>having the lights on like a true cuck

With a projector that you only use a couple of times a week to watch moves it's fine, but for a PC monitor it's inconvenient to have to always use it in complete darkness.

Is the left monitor even on?

Do you think the screen becomes darker once you turn it on?

Remember them CRTs? Yep those were the days

Attached: 1ca.jpg (563x511, 142K)

kek, he'll die when the buyer returns it not as described on his expense

So they adopted a certain technique to accommodate for limitations in the hardware at the time. There is no reason they couldn't just draw the models with "scan lines" in it to give the same appearence.

Is that really how your argument devolves? Calling someone a cuck? What does that have to do with the limitations of CRT?

>"Monitor still works!"
For some reason, his need to say this makes me feel less confident about the purchase.

Only cucks have CRT's because their wife's boyfriend bought one for them.

Fucking zoomers making posts like this shit fuck

>They don't make 4:3 LCDs anymore
Yes, they do. You clearly do not belong on this board.
bhphotovideo.com/c/search?ci=25766&fct=fct_aspect-ratio_960|4-3&N=3878805756

Based boomer milking your shitty ass gayming gear bucks

low input lag

LCD has much higher input lag and can not display black
you are a fucking retard

>1280x1024
alternately
>1600x1200 for $1000
just fuck off already

>they don't make 4:3 LCDs
ok they do and there's plenty on the used market, but even if they didn't, you could use a 24" 16:9 and run it with black bars and still have an area and resolution better than 90% of CRTs.

youre retarded

>they still make 4:3 LCDs !
>links to a 5:4 monitor

Pretty sure I literally dumpster dived the flat screen successor of this monitor a few months ago.

Good argument brainiac.

I own one as well user, nice screens. I keep mine around as a backup.

Try making an offer

It's your own fucking fault for incessantly going on and on to everyone who would listen how 'amazing' these pieces of shit were.
Of course the logical next step for the enterprising boomer is "wow, so I can sell my old CRT for a ton of neetbux to peripheral hipsters."

Attached: a33.png (558x614, 45K)

I had this exact monitor, ditched it for a dell 2405fpw back in 2005.

We hate you too

it's supply and demand lol

what country?

>zoomers will fall for this

ask someone who threw away a perfectly fine iiyama 22" crt 10 years ago anything

Attached: 1453291689671.jpg (350x233, 22K)