Contrast: high

anandtech.com/show/13851/asus-at-ces-2019-proart-pa32ucx-4k-monitor-with-1000zone-fald-unveiled

>Contrast: high

Attached: asus-PA32UCX-678_678x452.jpg (678x504, 310K)

Other urls found in this thread:

plesseysemiconductors.com/nanoco-plessey-partner-shrink-full-colour-microled-pixels-87-using-quantum-dots/es-start-trickling-av-gear
soundandvision.com/content/hdmi-21-features-start-trickling-av-gear
k.kramerav.com/support/bwcalculator.asp
plesseysemiconductors.com/nanoco-plessey-partner-shrink-full-colour-microled-pixels-87-using-quantum-dots/
anandtech.com
youtube.com/watch?v=u8iIZCDizkc&t
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jow Forums hates:
OLED
watercooling

>60 Hz
trash

Jow Forums hates
OLED
60hz
1080p
IPS
95% of brands
every CPU and GPU that isn't high end despite having potato pcs

You belong in /v/

They brand these 200+ LED backlights 'Mini LED' (not to be confused with MicroLED), for anyone who wants to search around.

Attached: Pic460-0_rlt.png (1280x910, 1.7M)

>4K
wrong
>OLED
wrong
>watercooling
correct

Oled is a fucking joke

Save your money

By Christmas this year you will have at least one screen with all of these features:
Samsung MicroLED HDMI 2.1 3840x2160 28" Screen Variable Refresh (HDMI VRR) HDR10+

Currently samsung has a 75in microled TV, but a process to shrink it by 87% was announced recently.
That means going from 534.4px/cm^2 to 4110.8px/cm^2. Which makes a 3480x2160 28in(16:9) screen viable.
With HDMI 2.1 you have a bandwidth of 48Gbs
So.. 3840x2160*10bit*144hz = 43Gbs
Its going to happen.

Sources:
plesseysemiconductors.com/nanoco-plessey-partner-shrink-full-colour-microled-pixels-87-using-quantum-dots/es-start-trickling-av-gear
soundandvision.com/content/hdmi-21-features-start-trickling-av-gear
k.kramerav.com/support/bwcalculator.asp

Correcting the first link
plesseysemiconductors.com/nanoco-plessey-partner-shrink-full-colour-microled-pixels-87-using-quantum-dots/

>plesseysemiconductors.com/nanoco-plessey-partner-shrink-full-colour-microled-pixels-87-using-quantum-dots/

That doesn't mean what you think it means. This is for very small displays, not big ones.

Alienware OLED

>Contrast: Infinite

Attached: VideoCapture_20190109-190358-e1547092045527-1220x815.jpg (1220x815, 95K)

U tard, that's for smart watch scale devices. The largest semiconductor wafer you can get is like 6" radius circle and you can expect it's going to have a shit ton of defects that are unacceptable for a display.

Samsung already said 5 years to bring prices remotely into consumer sector. Your incorrect conjecture means nothing when the company leading large mLED production says it won't even penetrate the upper end of consumer TVs by 2022.

Yeah it's nice, but there's a 144hz version of the panel also coming, and that'll be the one to get. Though to be honest, for as much as these are gonna cost, your money is better spent on an OLED TV.

Attached: 144hz-miniLED-LCD.png (1410x307, 18K)

What’s the best monitor under $150?

Best for what?

>oled
Enjoy the burn in and dead end tech

Just general use, no gaming, occasional video watching.

I have first gen samsung oled tablet (tab s1) from 2015 and I yet to see any burn in after constant use. If leave your tv/monitor on 24/7 displaying static image then you are too dumb for tech anyway

I wonder what their policy is on static images burning into the display since computer monitors usually display static things like taskbars etc for long periods.

Hard to make recommendations with such a low budget. The Benq EW277HDR seems decent from what I've seen, but it's $200 and sort of low res for the size (1080p at 27"). It would make a good small movie/gaming display though.

I guess use at your own risk, take precautions and measures not to have static images on the screen for too long, if you mess up it on you. I suspect thats the reason they canceled the previous oled monitor, they were too afraid people will damage displays in few day of use and ask for refund and create bad press (its why I think this monitor will also be cancelled)

Oled is what it is, its a perfect tech for content consumption but not static images

Screensavers are going to make a comeback

>
By Christmas this year you will have at least one screen with all of these features:Samsung MicroLED
This is why teenagers shouldn't be allowed on internet. Actually believing that because he saw MicroLED at CES it's somehow not a super premium halo product ready to be milked to the ground for the next 7 years.
>nah dude it'll probably be like $350 in a year or two
You just haven't lived long enough to know the name of the game.

Attached: Pic75-0_rlt.png (1280x910, 1.81M)

>When CRT's were the only thing they had to use screensavers to prevent burn in.
CRT fags BTFO!

Thanks boss. I could spend more than $150 if need be, I just don't really care about top quality graphics. I more just don't want to buy something that's shit. I'll look into that model and thanks for being helpful.

>Contrast: high
>Price: yes

>rebranded LG TV that'll cost 4x the price

while this monitor will be massively overpriced I can see writer/programmer types benefiting from oled. Imagine being a writer and having dark theme, perfect black background with only letters illuminated, normally that would be bad thing for oled but why not animate the letters/lines of text, make actual use of gpu and instead of displaying static lines make them float gently, make them change position slightly, maybe some kind of wave effect. In fact I am surprised there is such market for 3d dynamic graphics (like gaming) but there isnt a single text editor (at least I am not aware) that could do something like that

Price: less than you'd think. LCDs feel pressure from OLED, VR-everythinga and soon MicroLED and maxed FALD is a relatively easy and effective solution to stay very relevant in years to come.

Attached: Pic310-0_rlt.png (1280x910, 1.69M)

From the article:
>but since we are talking about a 32-inch LCD with a unique 1000-zone Mini LED-based FALD, it will cost thousands of dollars
MEMELED won't be pricey for long, but FALD, QLED or whatever lipstick they put on those pig disgusting IPS panels will always remain expensive

MicroLED is (Full FALD*8000*miniaturisation*premium picture*novelty). It's not getting cheaper than FALD any time soon.

Attached: Pic260-0_rlt-1.png (1280x910, 1.8M)

*24000, not 8000
Oh and minus LCD panel, of course. But that's not what sets the price of modern monitor/TV.

Only thing left to perfect the LCD technology.

fald is a joke, 1000 zones per 32inch panel is something like 2 zones per squAre inch, a joke, OLED EACH SINGLE PIXEL IS INDIVIDUALLY ILLUMINATED

>OLED EACH SINGLE PIXEL IS INDIVIDUALLY ILLUMINATI
fixed

FALD can actually work decently for a lot of content, it just struggle a bit in certain difficult scenes like star fields and you can see halos and stuff. 1000 zones is still pretty low (it's about one zone for a square 90x90 pixels on a 4k display), but if/when it hits 40,000+ zones it will start to become more competitive with OLED in all but the rarest edge cases.

>www.anandtech.com

Attached: father.png (212x173, 32K)

FALD works for things like games and movies, but it's shit for desktop use since even your mouse pointer will halo.

At least until the FALD zones are smaller than the mouse cursor.

Writing this on an ASUS crap gaming monitor. One of my biggest regret purchases. Should I get this Samsung monitor or an HP Envy?

Attached: Samsung U28E590.jpg (225x225, 12K)

good fucking luck with that. this fucker is this thick with only 1000. the cost of implementing a system any more will be so expensive and dumb that OEMs will move onto other techs. Hisense had their thing at CES with dual layer RGB/BW to lower the black level and even that is probably a better solution than more FALD zones.

Attached: .jpg (1500x1026, 652K)

Maybe so, but it'll still be orders of magnitude cheaper than Micro LED.

>You just haven't lived long enough to know the name of the game.
Sony announced the exact same shit back in 2012 (crystal LED) and it's still nowhere to be found. There's a reason OLED is the only self-emissive display game in town (now that Plasma is dead)

A monitor will most definitely display static UI elements for extended periods of time.

CLEDIS is commercial only

My iPhone X is starting to suffer burn-in
It has a Samsung display

absolutely based taiwan + japan collaboration will bring about the revolution

What does Japan have to do with this?

>anandtech.com
>anand

Attached: 1509924115522.png (400x309, 9K)

THICC

CLED was demoed again as a microled technology the past 2 years. The concept of an LED display has been around for ages it's just a matter of getting the shrink down with help from better robotics. The technology is as simple as those big bill board warning signs, it's manufacturing that's really the issue.

>4K
I wouldn't hate it if I could buy 4k video card for $500.

I don't know, 20000:1 contrast sounds amazing.

who owns plasma patents? I think there is untapped niche for monitors, were there ever plasma monitors made? how fast plasma got before it died?

Yes but, how much will it cost? If it costs $5,000+ it's irrelevant for a consumer grade monitor unless you're made of money.

it would if it's static contrast. if you see anything black/white (text) the FALD will probably fuck everything up since the zones are too large, or it just turns off and you're back at 1000:1 contrast.

youtube.com/watch?v=u8iIZCDizkc&t
people seem to like it, I wish I could test one for a month to know for sure