Arch

Arch is literally the best distro
>More modern than Boomer Debian
>Can be minimal
>Wiki is solid
>Website is not bloated
>Updatable as fuck
>has many many packages

Attached: 581px-Arch-OpenLogo.svg.png (2000x2000, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

serverfault.com/questions/755818/systemd-using-4gb-ram-after-18-days-of-uptime
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=systemd-2017-Git-Activity
suckless.org/sucks/systemd
web.archive.org/web/20170724100245/https://muchweb.me/systemd-nsa-attempt/
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>systemd
just install gentoo

But pacman is so fast

Strange way to say Artix

Attached: 1530043068757.png (280x280, 15K)

The only real problem is the systemd within Arch. Just install Artix.

Based and Redpilled. But i do say, Artixs' logo is really shit.

Why anti-systemd distros have really shitty logos?

Devuan is just a line, i can't even read Funtoo logo properly,

>>Website is not bloated
nigger no

>Arch is literally the best distro
Come back when you realize that distro literally doesn't matter.

Most adepts of systemd-free shit are to distros as fsfcultists are to software. A niche of people with overly specific tastes in things. Most of ethic-centric desktop is developed in the most amateurish ways, comes to no surprise that the logos are shit. There is no professional incentive to deal with that shit.

Plus the fact that designers are always either sjw faggots or unmotivated doomers.

So everyone in this thread, agrees that Arch is the best distro, if it wouldn't be for bad guy systemd...
What if I told you,
that Systemd is actually a good mature init system...

Ok, now good luck with that Google DNS.

What's so bad about systemd? What's better about OpenRC?

It's the perfect middle ground between ubuntu/debian and gentoo. People started to realize this so of course Jow Forums had to turn edgy and tell them it's shit

Attached: Arch Konosuba Aqua.png (2335x2335, 367K)

>Luke Smith said it was the best so it's the best

>I said it's shit so it's shit

people can't into making scripts run on startup

I googled it and found a critique of systemd. Totally makes sense. Is there any alternative to OpenRC?

>systemd
>only supports x86
I really like Arch too OP, Iv used it since 2008, but recently i had to make the decision to switch over to NetBSD

>monolithic
The hard dependencies between modules make it shit the bed when something goes wrong. An init system should be an init system, the OS shouldn't stop working because some random service in the init stopped.

>calls home to google

Self explanatory.

>shitty design

Spaghetti code despite being well maintained.

These single three arguments (the ones i know of) are more than enough to discard systemD if you want a reliable OS or have data that's important.

There's a LOT of reasons why people don't like it, and I think the people who don't like it all likely have their own reasons for not liking it.

Here's a posting about someone discovering a massive memory leak that used up 4GB of ram. While I have yet to see something this massive, I have definitely noticed Systemd using more memory than the alternatives, and some leakage here and there as well.
serverfault.com/questions/755818/systemd-using-4gb-ram-after-18-days-of-uptime

Some see it as an unnecessary security risk due to its massive attack surface. It recently hit 1 million lines of code.
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=systemd-2017-Git-Activity

Some don't like it because they dislike its habit of scope creep. The project ends up assimilating things that historically should not have anything to do with init. gif related.
suckless.org/sucks/systemd

There's also some other design decisions that people have an issue with, such as using Google DNS by default (because of course systemd can handle DNS), using binary logs, etc.

Lastly there's the conspiracy theory side of it, which alleges that systemd is an NSA attempt to compromise GNU/Linux, and due to Systemd as a project moving way too fast, it can't be properly audited.
web.archive.org/web/20170724100245/https://muchweb.me/systemd-nsa-attempt/

For more links and arguments, see:
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd

Attached: 1533507141086.jpg (1432x1700, 785K)

>no community
for real tho, this is a deal breaker

>>Can be minimal
Did you really think this one was gonna slip?

Attached: archfags btfo.png (1169x3679, 513K)

archnigs think they are slick

>best wiki
>AUR
>pacman

Install Gentoo.

As a old boomer I agree.
Used debian since etch, arch is better

>running fuckloads of packages from unknown random strangers that can put literally anything they want in front of a popular package is a good thing.

I don't have a solid computer that can compile fast

Arch is literally the worst distro
>uses alpha pre release software
>cannot be minimal by the way it's packaged
>wiki is spoonfeeding retards
>website doesn't fucking matter
>?????
>AUR is untrusted software

>Hurr, if you don't split out 2Kb of header files from a package, it's bloated
I honestly like the way Arch does its packages. I compile shit myself quite often, and going through the 'try compile, install lib*-devel, try compile, install lib*-devel' dance all of the time is not appealing to me.

Attached: 1376796703209.png (1034x1080, 608K)

Also, all of these apply to manjaro

Thank god I'm done with Linux.
Took me 20 years to realize Linux based OS will always be a pain in the ass. Ain't got no time for that shit no more.
Would only use it for light home use at this point.

Manjaro is literally Arch, but it holds the packages back for a week or two because they're stupid enough to think that makes it less likely to break. They also have no concept of security and advise users to roll back their clock to fix SSL errors.

The only reason to use Manjaro is if you explicitly want a babby-tier installer and are too retarded to know Antergos exists.

I've been using manjaro for a year and a half now, and I've never had my packages break. Also antergos has an buggy install and I've seen plenty of people complain about it. Manjaro is actually just arch without the hassle of having to do everything yourself.

>community
Who the fuck cares?

I don't understand this meme. You don't have to use AUR and you can just read the fucking PKGBUILD.

seriously? you are going to ignore everything else that is in the pic?
Arch is a fucking trash toy os. If you seriously need to test new software you would use Fedora or Ubuntu.

The thing I find interesting is he is saying a lot of things it says here: wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux but he is wording it in a really negative light where as the wiki words it in a more positive light. It's as if he has some vendetta against arch. What is even weirder is anons have claimed he is a dev, so why would he do that?