>the worst kind of botnets
it literally doesn't matter, go ahead and fuck your whole life up

How does a VPN do that?

Get VPN
Life falls apart

>knows your exact location
>connects to shady servers in the middle of fuckwhere
>monitors all your activity as your traffic passes through them
>ignores all your security definitions to make you "anonymous" (it's all a meme btw)
>because of how the servers are managed if anything happens to you, you're on your own
good luck

Buy a VPS for $5/no and run an OpenVPN installation script. You literally don't even need to know anything about running servers, it prompts you for what you want and spits out an OpenVPN client file.
github.com/Nyr/openvpn-install

You make your own

Using a VPN will do more harm than good if you don't know how it works. Why are you even considering using one? If you're paranoid about your passwords and breaches just enable 2-Step authentication and you'll be fine. You probably don't even need it...

This isn't how a VPN works.

Mullvad. Anything gdpr compliant, that's WireGuard based.

Seconding mullvad

Hide.me it's free and it just works

make my own but i want a secure browsing waifu

Attached: ee.jpg (120x371, 14K)

Facebook VPN

kek

Attached: 20190112_171615.jpg (59x358, 20K)

this vpn is a meme anyway. people think they work because they use them daily on irrelevant sites and while doing nothing bad. try to do illegal stuff on the internet and you will be caught, vpn or not.

for you

Attached: Untitled.png (116x351, 84K)

U
N
I
T
But yeah, they're all botnets unless you create your own personal setup of course. Windscribe has the only decent free plan I've seen; you can just mine crypto for extra data on any computer you want at any time kekk.
Uber bad for privacy, this method. But free is free ;/

Attached: 20190112_182601.jpg (149x207, 25K)

Wilford Brimley is looking good these days.

OpenVPN.

this is great until you literally go to prison because the fbi enables logging for your server

This can be a problem with bandwidth transfer and speed as well. Rolling your own VPN is fine but don't think you're getting away from a third party because of the host. Especially for cheap as described here, your VPN is on shared virtual hosting

Do not trust most VPNs that claim to have security or privacy in mind. Anything that isn't on the privacytools.io list forget about to start. Also check thatonevpnsite for some info and comparisons. Reviews there are likely not up to date ( ie when they reviewed ProtonVPN it lacked certain features compared to more recently) but some of the feature charts are.

If you just want all around worthy VPNs , Mullvad and ProtonVPN are the best current options . Both support OpenVpn and either have or are adding WireGuard soon. Mullvad has it all ready I'm pretty sure and Proton has it in beta at the moment last I checked

PIA

Just make your own VPN on AWS

Colocate a physical server.
bonus points if its not x86-64 and has full disk encryption with some measures for tamper prevention.

This is an option but the cost is incredible, plus you would only have a single node/locale if that's important. Unless you want to build your own servers and ship or deliver them securely to hosting facility around the world which multiplies the expense. Even if you can assume tamper prevention works ( which is a challenge when dealing with another having physical access ) I suppose it's possible for the host to meddle somehow or log incoming connections perhaps .

Ultimately though by this point you're spending thousands to start and then hosting fees, so the only reason to do something is if you're either going to open a VPN service yourself or you're doing something so secret or profitable that the money is justified as you're going to be defending against state level actors possibly with targeted attacks

>VPN
>"get"

tor

hoe frend

>free and open internet
They look like the type of group where their concept of 'free and open internet' extends only short of calling somebody on the internet a faggot, which is of course worthy of a lifetime unpersonning.

how

community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/Openvpn24ManPage

TunnelBear is pretty good, alot of servers and good speeds